Belly Band Holster???

This is a discussion on Belly Band Holster??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a belly band holster. I plan to wear it a bit lower than the belly more around the belt line to hips. ...

Thread: Belly Band Holster???

Belly Band Holster???

I just purchased a belly band holster. I plan to wear it a bit lower than the belly more around the belt line to hips. Has anyone used one of these? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I haven't but I have been considering one. I like to wear bib overalls when I work out on the ponderosa and I've been wondering if this would allow cc with the bibs on!
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    A lot of folks like them but they just don't work well with me. After about 30 min or so they start bothering me. Hope it works great for you!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Not my favorite holster, but it does the job.

works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker919 View Post
    I just purchased a belly band holster. I plan to wear it a bit lower than the belly more around the belt line to hips. Has anyone used one of these? Thanks
    I use mine everyday. I've been using it for the last couple of years and for deep concealment it's one of the best deep cover carry methods IMO. I made some adjustments to mine. I added a leather overlay that helps displace the printing around the waistline. Here's a pic; it's kinda ugly but works very well. If you carry a small BUG like the LCP it can totally disappear when worn.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I use the Galco Underwraps belly band and I wear mine at the belt line, sort of an IWB holster for those times when I am wearing gym shorts or sweat pants.
    God bless our troops!

I use the The Original Belly Band holster for my 442 S&W. It's one of the best of the type out there; very high quality. (FYI: there are some REALLY cheap pieces of bellyband junk available out there that will fall apart fast).

However, I only use it when I where my sweat pants, 'cause during the summer heat/humidity it will get mighty uncomfortable fast. That's why my EDC holster is an IWB...

-Bill

VIP Member
    I have a Thunderwear that is essentially a SmartCarry with the same patent number. Anyway, I use it a lot although it will generate moisture fairly quick. I position it high enough that I can grab the grip for a fast draw. This of course is when I’m wearing an untucked ‘T’ or Hawaiian style shirt. Otherwise, I’ll send it south which hides it fairly well. Anyway, it’s fine for casual use although I don’t care for it as an all-day carry.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Thanks guys, I appreciate the answers

Just got my belly band holster in a couple days ago. So far I am impressed. I carry a Glock 19 with an extra mag. I forget it is there. I even bought this deal off of ebay. Great product for the price.

i had one for about a year, no real problems. like how close it stayed to the body. only down side I had was a few times the magazine ejected. in fact once at a pizza place. I knew the owner but a couple employees did see it. it must have ejected when I sat down, and fell out when i stood up. every now and then I still wear it for a J-frame when I wear shorts, but thats about it.

Links