First Time Concealed Carry - Page 2

First Time Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on First Time Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by guardmt where do you carry your holster? In the 3:30 position....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Concealed Carry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    where do you carry your holster?
    In the 3:30 position.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Any shirt will work. Just get it a size larger. I am asuming you will be wearing it untucked. I personally don't wear tactical clothing. You want to blend in or not be noticed. I have a Kahr CW40 that I find works well for descret cc. But you should try as many guns as possible and find one that suits your needs and you are comfortable with.
    Welcome aboard.
    Semper Fi
    Wow never heard of Kahr, just looked it up and it looks nice, have you had any or minimal problems with it? Can i also keep it locked and cocked? Also is it ideal for instinctive shooting or aiming down sites or both?

If that Firestar is the one I'm thinking of, my father in law has one. It feels great, and when it shoots, it shoots great. When it shoots. Lots of failures to extract, and we haven't been able to find parts for it.

I know Glock offers military discounts; I can't speak for any of the other manufacturers. Glock also offers their discount to LEOs, EMTs and retired military.

You've got a good list going. Handle as many as you can, shoot as many as you can. Before you buy, make sure there is a holster of the type you want that will fit the gun you have in mind.

If you search the web, you'll find some good articles on selecting methods of carry and holster styles. There are also some good books that include chapters on selecting a gun and a holster.

Do your research. Have fun.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Good luck! Like already said you need to take them for a test drive and find the one for you, sky is the limit pretty much..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I have a firestar in 9mm, its heavy but that helps manage any recoil - never had any problems with it but I hear parts are a nightmare to find if you need any.

VIP Member
    I'm not a big fan of plastic guns, I prefer metal a frame. Granted it may be a little heavier, but with the right set up it's manageable. You might look at the CZ line. The CZ75 P-06 is a .40 cal 10+1, Priced around $600.00. You might also want to look at Sig's, I believe they are still running their rebate program for military and LE.

As for holsters, I carry IWB (in the waist band) 99% of the time. Carry at 3:30-4:00 position.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links