Defensive Carry banner

Using the bathroom when cc'ing

13K views 80 replies 64 participants last post by  DMan 
#1 ·
I did try to search this subject as it surely has been covered here, but could not find anything. Sorry. :boese51:

As a new cc'er, trying different holsters and placements, I am interested in how people manage this. Bluntly, I mean, sitting down on a toilet, with waist carried gun out of it's normal place.

Take it out of the holster? Put it where? If not, what type of holster are you using to keep it in there?

Remove holster from belt if clipped? Where do you put it? I am noticing that toilet tank covers are now rounded and sloped. :scruntiny:

How about a good inside the belt holster, with clips. Take the gun out?

I remember I asked about this once before, what seems like a long time ago and I cannot find the thread. Now that I have carried for a while, I have a whole new set of questions. I remember someone saying to fold over underthings to protect the gun from falling. Not really an option for fashionable girls.

???????????

Women especially, how is this done?

Has anyone ever left a gun in the bathroom? :aargh4:

Thanks for your input and again, sorry for the rehash. I just see so much room for error here.

See less See more
#33 ·
details

OK, I have this worked out, I carry crossbreed supertuck @ 4:30 position.
1. Pull down outer pants w/ hand on gun/holster <-- very important.
2. Fold holster (w/ gun in) inward so that it sits over crotch of pants - inside pants.
3. Pull down under pants and cover gun and holster with those.
4. Everything very, very, carefully in reverse.

I am concerned about two things
1. They guy next door seeing it.
2. Very, very carefully redressing so as not to drop my gun.

#34 ·
i just fold the elastic top of my boxers over the gun so its not visible under the door

#35 ·
Having a quality holster is a big piece of the puzzle.

I also do not let the pants rest on the floor. I keep a good grip on the holster and top of gun as I lower, it doesn't go past the knee. Honestly I don't care if someone sees the gun (they would have to be actually looking up at me if they did.)

"Do you mind?"

"Thats a big gun!"

"I get that a lot" :wink:

#41 ·
I made this mistake once the first week I got my CPL. I was carrying my S&W 638 in a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB, went into the restroom at Fred Myer, as soon as I unbuckled my pants it flipped onto the floor. I was very concerned the guy in the next stall might have seen it before I was able to grab it.
I now carry a G27 in a Bianchi OWB with a thumb break, and I'm still waiting for my CrossBreed supertuck to come in the mail :danceban:

#44 ·
I have never and I repeat never seen so many post and suggestions on "How to take a Crap".
But ya gotta stop cause I am laughing so hard I peeeeed my pants. Now what do I do?

#45 ·
But ya gotta stop cause I am laughing so hard I peeeeed my pants. Now what do I do?
Remove and clear gun,wipe it down and relube.

Seriously though, I let pants down slightly past the knees holding the belt at the holster and then apply outward pressure with knees/legs. You get use to it.

#46 ·
There is no good reason to unholster when going to use a commode as seated.

Very simply undo your belt, unbotton your pants and while holding the still holstered gun & holster combo bend your knees and seat yourself to the lid.
At contact to the lid while still holding your holstered gun & holster combined either remain holding it or place it down on the floor to rest among the _inside_ of your pants.
If in a public restroom where the walls are up off the ground allowing view of your feet simply angle the butt of the gun inward into your pants and bunch up the pant waist around it a bit to cover or break up the shape of the guns butt.

This is simple.

As well Ayoob did a bit on this a few weeks ago on one of those gunfu TV shows doing exactly what I describe, and have been doing with out issue for years.
There is no reason to unholster unless you carry a gun as without a holster to start...Which of course is a huge do not do for a multiple of safety reasons alone.

- Janq

"NO COAT HOOKS THROUGH THE TRIGGER GUARD." - Ice Man

#47 ·
:bier: The main problem for women, IWILLFART, is not so much "taking a crap" in public, but just peeing whatever you call it. Add coffee or a 64oz Slurpee on the go, and girls have this situation many many times a day.

I don't see articles on this in American Rifleman or Shooting Times. No class has covered it.

Maybe the safest way is to use one of those small aircraft pee funnels and forget undoing the belt.

#49 ·
This topic is very common. Here's a funny post made by a former member of my site who was a little bit challenged with the English language:
Simple, I go to the end (last) of stall and close the door. For urinal, stand up and unzip, then pee. For stool, when you sit on the toilet then put your pant up by the knee and no one can see your gun, because right side of end wall. Or put your gun on the underwear, finish stool, then put it back in holster, remember put your finger off from trigger. Don't discharge it the bullet can go through the door to the bystander. Keep your finger off from trigger!

#50 ·
I once had to take a lost/stolen firearm report from a SECRET SERVICE AGENT who took his gun off at a McDonalds to use the restroom, left and didn’t realize he was missing it for 30 MINUTES! Went back and it was gone. I could not believe what he was telling me. I guess he had to go through us to file that since it happened in our jurisdiction…That was the only time I ever took a report from a federal agent.

As for me, I have no issues using the stall with my G26, and my summer comfort holster has plenty of retention. The one time that I did forget about readjusting the gun to sit down, it did turn over but the holster still had enough retention to hold the glock in place. Even if it did fall out, I would have been more worried about the finish than a ND, it has a drop safety.

#54 ·
Being female, I find this thread interesting and informative. However, I do find it disturbing that one would be concerned about their pants touching the restroom floor, but doesn't appear to be concerned about actually sitting on a public toilet seat. :gah::gah:

#56 ·
Cammo Girl, make sure to flip the gun in as you seat your self. If it filps out it could fall out. Also make sure of good retention.

#57 ·
Not sure how this will be received but I took 3 ft of paracord tied into a loop - keep it in my pocket. Loop it around my CCW and hang it around my neck while on the throne.

Never lost it yet or blown a toilet out from under me (at least not with my weapon) :smile:

#58 ·
Typically when having to use a public restroom you will most likely have your purse with you as well. What I've found that works for me is simply removing the holstered gun from my belt and placing both in my purse, when through, back on belt it goes.

Gun doesn't leave holster, purse doesn't leave shoulder.

#64 ·
i use and swedar by my Desantis scorpion IWB holster for my Glock 23. when paired with my 411 tactical belt, my waistband stays in the exact same shape when my pants are on, or around my ankles in a bathroom stall. i guess i had never considered how it would be if i was using another carry system...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.