Using the bathroom when cc'ing

This is a discussion on Using the bathroom when cc'ing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cammo girl The main problem for women, IWILLFART, is not so much "taking a crap" in public, but just peeing whatever you ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Using the bathroom when cc'ing

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    The main problem for women, IWILLFART, is not so much "taking a crap" in public, but just peeing whatever you call it. Add coffee or a 64oz Slurpee on the go, and girls have this situation many many times a day.

I don't see articles on this in American Rifleman or Shooting Times. No class has covered it.

Maybe the safest way is to use one of those small aircraft pee funnels and forget undoing the belt.
    Ah! Reminds me of the ole "Lady J Adapter" for light airplane use!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    OMG ***?!?

we are talking about urination devices now?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    I take it out of holster and put it in my drawers while doing the actual deed.
    ^This. There is NO WAY the gun will be left behind, viewed by someone in the neighboring stall, or fall to the floor from the TP dispenser.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

i use and swedar by my Desantis scorpion IWB holster for my Glock 23. when paired with my 411 tactical belt, my waistband stays in the exact same shape when my pants are on, or around my ankles in a bathroom stall. i guess i had never considered how it would be if i was using another carry system...

So unless pocket carrying, urinals are basically out of the questions right? I pocket carry but have been considering IWB, and have noticed it would be hard to coneal while standing in the middle of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    So unless pocket carrying, urinals are basically out of the questions right? I pocket carry but have been considering IWB, and have noticed it would be hard to coneal while standing in the middle of the wall.
    ???????

People that unbuckle their belt at a urinal are VERY rare. Learn how to use your zipper.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    We men have the unique ability to relieve ourselves with pants up, buttoned and belted. To pee standing up was god's gift to us. Don't listen to women... they are just jealous
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just be a jerk and use the family restroom or handicap stall if available. In some/ most cases you'd have to stick your head under the thing anyway to see. If that happens i think you've got more to worry about than your gun being spotted :D

My plan is just to throw one of those toilet seat covers or a few strips of TP or over it. Although i try to avoid using public restrooms if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    ???????

People that unbuckle their belt at a urinal are VERY rare. Learn how to use your zipper.
    I dunno man... Know how some (young) kids drop their pants to urinate soon after being potty trained? I do that on the regular...in public restrooms.

+1 seriously
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

When running errands, i always make it a point to find a Nordstrom and use the HC or family restroom.

I just get enjoyment that I know they hate CC yet I am using their facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by warmxd9 View Post
    iWB @ 3:30 I hold on to my xd9 and lower it to the floor and keep it on the side of my ankle and flip my boxers over the butt of the gun just In case someone peeks to see if the stall is in use,or a curious kid.
    I do the same thing. Use a finger on each side of the waistband/belt just forward of the holster with your palm on the slide. It gives you complete control of where it goes so it won't flop out, conceals a little bit too. Once you've completed the vertical descent , lay your holster inward.

You can also choose stalls that have a wall to your carry side to reduce visibility of your holster.

The refastening of the belt at the knee is an interesting idea. I'll have to try it out.

Just don't remove it from the holster, that's for cleaning and shooting, neither of which should be happening in a restroom. i.e. Guy is SLC area shooting the toilet...
    Last edited by Kortanis; June 25th, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Is this a concern of printing and/or being disarmed? I wouldn't worry about the first one, I think most people keep their eyes up. Probably less chance of noticing than normal. Being disarmed though...if it's a worry where you are, go somewhere else where you'll be more secure, like a stall.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

I have to use the handicapped stall, I don't fit in regular stalls. I have to turn sideways to get in, then my shoulders are usually jammed against both walls in the regular stalls. And I always carry with at a minimal a retention strap.
    And yes I am that big, sadly sometimes. You ought to see me in my Ford Ranger. 42 inch waist and 3xxl tall shirts keeps me from fitting in alot of regular places. Bigger stalls it is. But I always carry OWB with a retention strap. I dont want to shoot an innocent toilet, or any bystanders by accident. And for those worried about handleing there firearm to much(unholstering it for a potty break).
    You need to learn how to handle a firearm, or get one that doesn't go off when you pick it up.

If tank lid is flat I have taken it off and put it on lid,don'tcare for this to much but if i'm in a hurrythis is quickest, other way is hold pants,sit tighten belt at knees works okay. Was talking with a buddies wife about this, when she OWB she puts it in her purse does biz reholsters moves on.
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

naaa I owb most of the time and just open bottom of cover shirt drop fly let fly,never flashed gun yet
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links