Pulled over by Police today and.....

This is a discussion on Pulled over by Police today and..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fair stop...nice ending...no excitement!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pulled over by Police today and.....

Fair stop...nice ending...no excitement!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Someone: And what is the specific Oregon statute that requires notification? So far as I know, citizens who do not proactively notify are not criminalized in Oregon like they are in some states.
    Well I wasn't about to try my luck since he was letting me off :)
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

I was pulled over once, and while rifling through my wallet to retrieve my DL, the officer noticed my CPL. I didn't show it to him, he just happened to see it. He asked if I had any guns in the car, I didn't put 2 and 2 together, and looking a little suprised, said "no." I didn't have anything on me at the time, but that CPL did turn out to be a free pass!

FYI... I was later told by a traffic cop, that a CPL is not linked to your DL in the state of Washington.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Here are some EXCUSES for the books:
    "Officer, the guy driving behind me was tailgating and I didn't want to get rear ended so I ran the yellow."
    or
    "Officer, I was in a middle of a sneeze when I looked up and it was too late to stop."
    or
    "Officer, I was trying to get away from my ex-wife because she wants more money."
    or
    "My Toyota just started accelerating..."
    "Proud To Have Been Banned by Huff PO"

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    Officer: Do you have a parole officer?
    I can't say I've ever heard of that being asked during a traffic stop...
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    Well I wasn't about to try my luck since he was letting me off :)
    He "let you off" because he didn't have a charge he could make. Last time I looked, running a yellow light isn't a ticketable offense. Also, plain clothes don't usually make traffic cases. It may jeopardize their cover. Sounds to me like he was just bored and wanted to flex a little muscle. You came back too squeaky clean for him to flex much.

yea, im in general of the opinion to tell the officer that you are carrying if he is going to run ur drivers license and find out you have a cc license.

and yes, i have been let off many many times for that reason. especially being a female cc-er
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    yea, im in general of the opinion to tell the officer that you are carrying if he is going to run ur drivers license and find out you have a cc license.

and yes, i have been let off many many times for that reason. especially being a female cc-er
    How do you know it was for that reason? I have been driving for a living for over 50 years & been let off MANY times. Most before I got my CPL. If you aren't actually doing something that endangers others, they usually give you a break.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    In Missouri your ccw is tied to your D/L.

As for the yellow light, check you state codes. I think you will find that it is a violation to enter an intersection after the light changes to yellow. The yellow is to allow those in the intersection to clear it before the light turns red.

The charge will usually read violating an electric signal, not running a red light.
    NRA Life Member

this guy sounds like another gecko45...what the **** is this, 20 questions? i'll bet he had mirrored aviators on too! i mean, i'm glad it turn out well for you but this guy had to be either straight out of the academy or trying to build himself up - and what's with the warning at the end? this is exactly the kind of "customer service" that give us LEOs a bad name. what's an undercover doing pulling you over anyway?

if this is actually the way it went down, he could have handled that so much better, but man that's crazy - watch out for those orange lights though.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined" ~Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    Last time I looked, running a yellow light isn't a ticketable offense.
    Well, assuming he was driving the speed limit before he saw the yellow light, and then proceeded to accelerate, I would have to say he could have been speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    In Missouri your ccw is tied to your D/L.

As for the yellow light, check you state codes. I think you will find that it is a violation to enter an intersection after the light changes to yellow. The yellow is to allow those in the intersection to clear it before the light turns red.

The charge will usually read violating an electric signal, not running a red light.
    IN Florida I believe it is "Disregarding a traffic control device" but you are correct. AN effing yellow light does not mean speed up, it means stop and you can and will be stopped or ticketed for it in all of the 6 states a regularly drive in
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Thanks for sharing

I volunteered mine when I was stopped (I’m in Eugene). No ticket for me either, but I provided it with insurance, registration and DL.

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Glad you didn't get a ticket.......better watch those "yellow" lights though:)
    Ditto in most jurisdictions in Michigan you get the same ticket for running a yellow as you get for running a red. It even says something like "running amber/red light..."
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    For those of us in Texas, in case you're curious:

§544.007. TRAFFIC-CONTROL SIGNALS IN GENERAL

[...]

(e) An operator of a vehicle facing a steady yellow signal is warned by that signal that:

(1) movement authorized by a green signal is being
    terminated; or
    (2) a red signal is to be given.

[...]
    Here's a summary I found:
    So many people are unclear as to what a yellow light really means. By law, a yellow light is simply a warning that the light is about to change to red. Technically, since no other direction can have a green while you have a yellow, a yellow still indicates that you have the right-of-way, and is essentially an extension of the green (but puts you on notice that the green is expiring.) As such, you are allowed to enter the intersection when the light is yellow, and as long as you have entered the intersection before the light turns red, you have not violated the law. Does this mean you should race to beat the red-- no, of course not. If the light is yellow and you have not passed the "point of no return" and can safely stop, you should do so. Note, however, that I said "safely" stop. If the road is wet and you don't think you could reasonably stop without sliding into the intersection or perhaps having someone slide into you, then keep going-- your duty to prevent an accident is foremost.
    Source: The Texas Highway Man Pages - Texas Traffic Laws (and good driving habits)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links