Thinner women

This is a discussion on Thinner women within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some pics would help......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinner women

Some pics would help...

2. Remove Ads

Isn't the real question.... would you rather have a bulge, or look good dead ?

If someone is carry their gun where they don't have good access to it in order to preserve their vanity, what's that really worth ?

Don't lose sight of the objective.

There are good conceal carry undershirts, etc that work quite well for women and the gun won't cause bulges where they don't want them. There is conceal clothing also around. I know a woman that carries a 1911 in a undershirt carry, who is quite shapely.... and you would never know the gun is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

If someone is carry their gun where they don't have good access to it in order to preserve their vanity, what's that really worth ?

There are good conceal carry undershirts, etc that work quite well for women and the gun won't cause bulges where they don't want them. There is conceal clothing also around. I know a woman that carries a 1911 in a undershirt carry, who is quite shapely.... and you would never know the gun is there.
    I've mentioned a few ways that a woman can be very prepared and have her gun immediately available and quickly drawn.

There are drawbacks about retention...having the purse grabbed or having to give it up...but with good SA and practice drawing, a woman could present her weapon as quickly as a man with a holster.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

It's not about "looking good" in my friend's case. It's "not looking like she's carrying a gun".

If she were more "shapely" as you point out, she wouldn't have that issue.

Vanity isn't the issue here, but your making it into a vanity issue kind of pisses me off, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I know some women that would quickly choose being thin over carrying a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    Some pics would help...
    Did either of you two have a point?

I am a skinny man 5' 8" 135 lb.
    I have a Walther PPS ( about as thin as they come) in a snapside, I use a dedicated belt with it that way I can carry it higher on my waist than a belt to hold my pants up. Most any kind of loose fitting shirt will hide it.
    I also have a Ruger LCP that I pocket carry. it hides totally in any pants with a pocket.

VIP Member
    By intelligent design, women do tend to get more attention and as such, concealment is more difficult. Have her contact ‘Limatunes’ or Kathy’s webpage ‘Cornered Cat’ for excellent advice.

Limatunes: About Me

Pax: Cornered Cat
    Last edited by Saber; April 16th, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

J frame - thicker, but the rounded corners don't scream "gun" or
    P3AT / LCP similar. An LCP in the appendix position should hide on anyone, and the gun is light enough to run with or carry in a leg holster if she is wearing a dress.

Yeah a .380 / .38 may be a "handicap" compared to a high cap .40 or a .45, but I think a gun on your person is always better than one in a purse or somewhere else.

Its usually common to leave a purse in the car or set it somewhere when you go to someone's house, church, etc, where there isn't a danger of someone swiping it. It would also be a lot easier for someone's kid to get a hold of it if it is just sitting in your bag.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Did either of you two have a point?
    Yes, no matter the body type, carrying a gun is not the most important thing in the world to every person. No doubt it's very important to some, but life is what it is.

Are you still mad?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    It's not about "looking good" in my friend's case. It's "not looking like she's carrying a gun".

If she were more "shapely" as you point out, she wouldn't have that issue.

Vanity isn't the issue here, but your making it into a vanity issue kind of pisses me off, frankly.
    I mentioned options for the OP, if that's you and you changed your name.... then for you. I don't know what you consider shapely, but if it doesn't show on the woman I"m referring to ... it won't show on anyone. Did you even look at it, or just start complaining ?

With women, it is often an "appearance" issue.... otherwise, as said above , they would throw on a baggy shirt that covers it and charge on.

I'm no expert on women's carry issues by any means, but I would think on person carry would be better if you can pull it off. If someone grabs your purse, you're struggling to gain control of your weapon even if the BG has no idea it's in there. Try some of the small 380s (Bersa Thunder 380 is a smooth shooter) or try a Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm or a S&W 642 .38 spcl. Any of those can be easily concealed IWB.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Check out this link. The supertuck IWB on a very small young lady.

YouTube - review of a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster for Ruger LCR
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    If Limatunes doesn't chime in on this one I'll be surprised. Limalife on youtube.com will show you that it doesn't matter how small you are, you can conceal quite nicely and still look good.
    Bid not Lima carry small of the back?

My wife is rather petite. She carries a LCP and a spare mag in a belly band. Her blouses tend to be a bit on the loose side. Sometimes she wears a sweater over a shirt. "Babydoll" style blouses work very well.

If you like to wear skin-tight clothes, nothing on-body is going to work very well.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I also recommend the Walther PPS, available in both 9mm and .40. Both are identical in size, so I went for the .40. The PPS is VERY thin. Although many consider a .380 as too small of a caliber for primary, the Ruger LCP is very easy to conceal on any body type. I have a Crimson Trace laser on it and carry it as my back-up either on an ankle, pocket w/holster or a Thunderwear holster. The PPS is also easy to conceal in a Thunderwear holster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links