Removal of restrictions & credible threats

This is a discussion on Removal of restrictions & credible threats within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering what reasons people might give to the issuing judge why they need restrictions removed from their permit. This question is aimed at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removal of restrictions & credible threats

Removal of restrictions & credible threats

I was wondering what reasons people might give to the issuing judge why they need restrictions removed from their permit. This question is aimed at those who are not in fear from anyone past or present and can find no viable reason why their life would be in danger. After speaking with the County Clerk's office on the matter, she suggested that perhaps one might travel late at night or work away from home a couple days a week. To me, these are not particularly exception circumstances but may e acceptable enough to a judge. What reasons have our forum members given in order to achieve this goal?
    I will never forget that I am an American, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Thank god I don't live somewhere that you have to justify your reasons for wanting to exercise a right.

Perhaps you might be able to point out recent incidents in your area that being armed could have resulted in a different outcome.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Thank god I don't live somewhere that you have to justify your reasons for wanting to exercise a right.
    Me too archer!!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

This is why I live in a "shall issue" state.

Wow! Not that I take for granted living in a "shall issue" state, but when I read a post like handgunner's I have to stop and truly appreciate not having to justify my constitutional right to bear arms. Thank you Georgiacarry.org!

Good luck HG.
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

If you already have a permit, what restrictions do you have on it?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Were you followed home recently? More than once?

I'm just askin'.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Perhaps you might be able to point out recent incidents in your area that being armed could have resulted in a different outcome.
    +1 (the news section of this forum has just a taste of the examples that are out there) and what kind of time has the 911 police response time grown to with recent budget cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If you already have a permit, what restrictions do you have on it?
    It's New York. His restricted permit currently only allows him to possess a handgun, not to carry it. He has to show a "need" to have it changed to an unrestricted permit (which allows both possession and carry.)
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

You might be able to locate some crime stats from your neighborhood, Some news articles about recent crimes in the area, then add in the late night long distance commute from home stuff.

You make deposits of large amounts of money..$20 is a large amount to me.

Your a mugger and your fear arrest..OK, that one will not work

I just read the code..sounds like it would be easier to just move...
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

How about:

1. Crime in your neighborhood.
    2. Crime on routes you take to and from work.
    3. Hours you work after dark.
    4. Crime in area where you work.
    5. To protect wife and/or children, especially children.
    6. Crime in areas where you take children to daycare.
    7. Extended response times of Law Enforcement in your area.
    8. A previous incident in your life or life of a family member instilling fear and need for protection in your heart.
    10. Over the road travel.

Maybe some of these might help. I think all or a combination of some would be presentable to have restriction lifted. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Amen to that!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    It's New York. His restricted permit currently only allows him to possess a handgun, not to carry it. He has to show a "need" to have it changed to an unrestricted permit (which allows both possession and carry.)
    Tell the Judge to read the newspaper and listen to the news!

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Just wait. Soon you will be able to tell the judge that the gunshot wound seems like sufficient justification!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
    I was wondering what reasons people might give to the issuing judge why they need restrictions removed from their permit. This question is aimed at those who are not in fear from anyone past or present and can find no viable reason why their life would be in danger. After speaking with the County Clerk's office on the matter, she suggested that perhaps one might travel late at night or work away from home a couple days a week. To me, these are not particularly exception circumstances but may e acceptable enough to a judge. What reasons have our forum members given in order to achieve this goal?
    What county is this? Do you have to write a letter or see the judge in person? I had to do both! In the letter I just wrote I wanted to carry for self protection since bad things happen to good people all the time and that cops, as good as they are, can't be everywhere all the time.

When I met her in person I just said I wanted to carry to protect myself and my family.

She said since I had a clean record she saw no reason to deny my request and removed the restrictions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links