Repo Man Scenario - Page 3

Repo Man Scenario

This is a discussion on Repo Man Scenario within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ASHTXSNIPER Someones been watching too much Opertion Repo. Operation Repo is fake as a 3 dollar bill. Just look up "Breach of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHTXSNIPER View Post
    Someones been watching too much Opertion Repo.
    Operation Repo is fake as a 3 dollar bill.
    Just look up "Breach of peace" and you'll soon figure out the big dude would be arrested every place he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by nytestalker View Post
    Operation Repo is fake as a 3 dollar bill.
    Just look up "Breach of peace" and you'll soon figure out the big dude would be arrested every place he shows up.
    I know it is fake but there is an episode that is almost identical to the op's scenario.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Let's see...
    You're in some guy's yard at night trying to steal (his point of view) his car. He is armed with a taser, and you shoot him?
    I hope your boss has 'good lawyer coverage'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by USAFtrevor87 View Post

If someone comes out of their house and is all PO'ed cause you're bout to take his car or whatever. So the guy is all ticked off; and he pulls out a taser gun. Then he points the taser gun at me; am I justified to draw and fire?

Just wanted experienced and seasoned insights into the matter. Thanks guys
    Note:^^^^^^^ I have none of this, just my .02 cents.^^^^^^^

If I were in your shoes I would get back to the truck, lock the doors, and call 911. Depending on the how bad the guy is acting you may or may not want to call the non emergency line. Program your cell for both. If you can get a camcoreder so that you can document the event from inside your truck. If he go's back inside for a gun and comes back out with one I have no more insight to give you INAL. Let me know if this advice is bad or flawed.

I would love to be on the Jury for any RepoThief harming anyone while stealing for a living no matter what the circumstances are.

I recently had a run in with a REPOThief because supposedly he was given my address as a back yard shop that had the vehicle in question which I later found to be a lie.

1. He showed up in front of my house blocking my drive parking his truck in front.
    2. He proceeded to go past my front sidewalk leading to my front door.
    3. He tried to look over my gated 7' fence.
    4. A neighbor saw him & called for him to see what he was doing.
    5. I saw all this while I was getting in the shower so all I saw at first was a Uninvited Trespasser on my property blocking my drive not coming to my front door.
    6. So I put on some clothes, grabbed my gun & went out on my porch with gun holstered at side.
    7. The Repo Thief was then told their he is by my neighbor.
    8. He then walked across my yard not invited & I told him he was lucky I didn't consider him a threat.
    9. He then said I deal with those all the time gesturing towards my gun.
    10. I said you need to explain your self quickly & get that truck moved from my drive.
    11. He asked if I was so & so I said no (if I hadn't just woke up I would have said none of your business).
    12. He said my address was given from someone in FL.
    13. I again said not here & you need to be more careful trespassing on someones property.

In conclusion he left which was a very smart move on his part since I can't stand a RepoThief & even if I knew the person I wouldn't have helped him anyway. As for him using deadly force on my property he wouldn't have had the chance.

So sorry to tell you RepoThief once you jump my fence I now will feel in fear of my life lucky for this one he didn't jump the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFtrevor87 View Post
    So I will be moving to the Twin Cities, MN area this summer. I have my non-resident Utah CCL. Therefore I'm legal to carry in the state of MN. I just got a job Repossessing cars, boats, motorcycles, etc...

If someone comes out of their house and is all PO'ed cause you're bout to take his car or whatever. So the guy is all ticked off; and he pulls out a taser gun. Then he points the taser gun at me; am I justified to draw and fire?
    Me thinks the OP needs to do a couple of things ...

- If he is going to carry while on business, he needs to get a resident MN permit and not depend upon an out-of-state non-resident permit.

- He needs to learn the MN laws on the use of deadly force.

- He needs to reconsider his attitude because, unless he does, he or someone else is going to wind up dead and either way it will be bad for him.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I love the term "repo thief" I was called that many times.
    And I used to laugh my butt off as I rolled away with the car.
    BTW. If you ain't done paying for it, it ain't yours.

Your right a re-possessor should not trespass.
    But if you signed the loan papers you gave him permission to go on your property. I understand that was not the case in the post in referencing. But someone has to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by nytestalker View Post
    I love the term "repo thief" I was called that many times.
    And I used to laugh my butt off as I rolled away with the car.
    BTW. If you ain't done paying for it, it ain't yours.

Your right a re-possessor should not trespass.
    But if you signed the loan papers you gave him permission to go on your property. I understand that was not the case in the post in referencing. But someone has to do the job.
    Im Glad you like it since it describes the criminal tendencies of this type of person. Also I have nothing up for REPO so the RepoThief that was on my property was Trespassing period & if my neighbor hadn't caught him he may have found out he was nothing more than a burglar that put me in fear of my life once he broke in locked private property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links