No Firearms May Be Carried At The NRA Convention!?!? - Page 7

No Firearms May Be Carried At The NRA Convention!?!?

This is a discussion on No Firearms May Be Carried At The NRA Convention!?!? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One would think with the dollar value in play one could leverage the rules in our favor....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: No Firearms May Be Carried At The NRA Convention!?!?

One would think with the dollar value in play one could leverage the rules in our favor.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    And so why did the NRA pick No. Carolina and that Convention Center ? Sounds like who planned that had their head in the sand.
    I think he had it higher up in his butt cheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Why did the NRA select this state location for such a large and major event, knowing that state law is as such?

- Janq

It was Sara Palin's idea
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

Thumbs down ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    And so why did the NRA pick No. Carolina and that Convention Center ? Sounds like who planned that had their head in the sand.
    NRA to NC . . . . . No thanks!
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

VIP Member

My letter to the NRA

Good Morning!

NRA member #1477***** here.

I attended NRA 2009 in Phoenix and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Being a Canadian with concealed carry permits, I don't get to carry a firearm as often as I would like to. Phoenix gave me the opportunity carry both openly and concealed, legally. I was even interviewed by Cam and appeared on NRA news.

I enjoyed myself so much that I booked our airfare to Charlotte last July to attend NRA 2010. We have booked our hotel through the NRA and have purchased tickets to most of the major events.

Imagine my disappointment when I learn from the website that I will not be able to carry during these events. There has been a lot of buzz on the various chat rooms that I am a member of. Many have canceled plans to attend or had their mind made up for them by this decision.

I have searched through NC law and see nothing that prohibits legal carry during these events. No admission is charged. It's not a parade, demonstration, or funeral. I believe someone in the NRA made this decision and urge it be reversed.

I look forward to attended NRA 2010 and being able to carry legally.

Regards,

I'll post their response when I get it.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

The convention center has a rule banning firearms.
    You can see the rule on page 18 of the PDF found at the following link:
    http://static.charlotteconventionctr...ions_Oct08.pdf

No doubt, they always dread and expect and fear that ONE bad sad ugly sensational incident that will be a mad mess in the press, in effect giving NRA-haters ammunition and free publicity to misuse to prove what they want it to prove. You can see those one-minute TV-news "stories" and the whining in your mind. Although, most of us know that such and similar legal normal gun gatherings are among the most statistically safe places around any city or community or town, for obvious reasons.

It's worse than that

Beyond informing people attending that it will be illegal to carry, the NRA will be putting everyone though metal detectors.

So not only do they not trust you to carry, they donít trust you to not carry, and therefore will be searching you. Just about the way the Brady Campaign thinks it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ASM826 View Post
    Beyond informing people attending that it will be illegal to carry, the NRA will be putting everyone though metal detectors.

So not only do they not trust you to carry, they don’t trust you to not carry, and therefore will be searching you. Just about the way the Brady Campaign thinks it should be.

No backbone, and loss of direction on the moral compass.

Of all things, the NRA should never accept the disarming of its own membership at its own flagship, national event, else how is anyone supposed to take seriously its claim to be working for exactly that?

The membership should never accept that. Imagine if zero attendees came. Not likely, given the head-in-sand trend we've got as a people, but it apparently would take exactly that to force the change and get their minds back on task.

How d'you say "Get a clue!" in French ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    No backbone, and loss of direction on the moral compass.

Of all things, the NRA should never accept the disarming of its own membership at its own flagship, national event, else how is anyone supposed to take seriously its claim to be working for exactly that?
    Ditto x 10 million

Palm to forehead. NRA, what are you thinking? I'm a member of the NRA, #1744*****. Thought this was a joke until I looked into it. Kind of like having the RNC Convention but you can't get in if you're a republican????
    Glock 36 with Lasermax / Glock 23 / Glock 21. Ruger SP101. Taurus 85.

DZSG (Designated Zombie Survival Gun) = 870 Remington Tactical Shotgun

When the convention was held here in Washington, they had it at the Puallup fair grounds. The fair grounds has always been a firearms restricted area. I didn't attend for that reason. The Washington Armsa collectors hold their gun show there, all firearms have to have plastic ties and no loaded magazines are alloud. I don't go to the gun show either.

KAK
    Time Warner is an extremely ANTI-GUN company.

KAK
    You would think the NRA would have their convention somewhere that you could carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ASM826 View Post

So not only do they not trust you to carry, they donít trust you to not carry, and therefore will be searching you. Just about the way the Brady Campaign thinks it should be.
    Insult to injury.

Thanks NRA, way to stand up for 2A rights in NC...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

...this is so sick. This organization is turning into a "progressive-liberal" group just as AARP has. If we don't retake this organization, it will be lost along with our 2nd Ammendment in the next decade. Are there enough of us to loudly speak up and demand the resignation of those responsible and take back the NRA?

Yes, I know it's easier to rant and complain...but I really fear we are losing so much of what our country was built on - HONESTY, INTEGRITY, and FAITH! If we don't make a stand soon, what we believe is true will no longer exist.

God Bless!
    "A strong body makes a mind strong. As to the exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson August 1785

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links