Polite request from a New York resident. - Page 5

Polite request from a New York resident.

This is a discussion on Polite request from a New York resident. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New York does have the most restrictions than any other state.Each county is allowed to put restrictions on your permit.There was a law suit but ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Polite request from a New York resident.

New York does have the most restrictions than any other state.Each county is allowed to put restrictions on your permit.There was a law suit but the court found it legal for the licenseing county to impose restrictions.NYC is very hard to obtain a full carry.You may get permit for target but to get a CCW is almost imposible for the ordinary civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    New York does have the most restrictions than any other state.Each county is allowed to put restrictions on your permit.There was a law suit but the court found it legal for the licenseing county to impose restrictions.NYC is very hard to obtain a full carry.You may get permit for target but to get a CCW is almost imposible for the ordinary civilian.
    This is just not true. Read the posts before yours. And I have an Unrestricted permit as well. Many do. Many counties use no restrictions but just allow the State Carry Permit to be the last word. Many that do use restrictions, remove them upon request after a year, some maybe more, of a clean record. And no restriction is State Gun Law but a County Ordinances, like walking a dog without a leash in a park with a sign that says dogs must be leashed.

New York has a very respectable number of CCW permits, at worst in the middle of state rankings - and, according to newspaper in Ohio I think it was, that gave news about the number of CCW permits there increasing, the statement was made they had a greater ratio of such permits than any state in the country outside of New York, which was first. I don't believe this myself, but other rankings I've seen for rates of CCW permits, put NY in high middle.

There are quite a few states that are more restrictive then NY. The mistake poeple make, is assuming New York City restrictions - indeed VERY strict - are the same throughout the State. They are not. NYC has its own Permits, not the State Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    This is just not true. Read the posts before yours. And I have an Unrestricted permit as well. Many do. Many counties use no restrictions but just allow the State Carry Permit to be the last word. Many that do use restrictions, remove them upon request after a year, some maybe more, of a clean record. And no restriction is State Gun Law but a County Ordinances, like walking a dog without a leash in a park with a sign that says dogs must be leashed.

New York has a very respectable number of CCW permits, at worst in the middle of state rankings - and, according to newspaper in Ohio I think it was, that gave news about the number of CCW permits there increasing, the statement was made they had a greater ratio of such permits than any state in the country outside of New York, which was first. I don't believe this myself, but other rankings I've seen for rates of CCW permits, put NY in high middle.

There are quite a few states that are more restrictive then NY. The mistake poeple make, is assuming New York City restrictions - indeed VERY strict - are the same throughout the State. They are not. NYC has its own Permits, not the State Permit.
    I got an Idea, lets GIVE NYC to New Jersey that will reduce the tax burden on the rest of the state.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    please, please, please don't fill up the thread with responses like:

• "Move"
    • "I wouldn't live in that fascist dictatorship"
    • "I'm glad I live in [more reasonable state]"
    May I respectfully ask, in return can we expect that those who drink the Kool Aid in their respective oppressive restrictive states to stop supporting and advocating for gun control? Stop voicing opposition or demeaning open carry. Stop advocating for Brady Bunch permits, licenses, certification and registration on a Pro 2A forum. Stop parroting the exact same rationales for gun control as I can find on the volunteer victim Brady Bunch websites? Stop supporting anti constitutional gun control laws to protect rapists robbers and murders.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    I believe it is much more difficult to get a permit in Washington
    WRONG In Washington State ANYONE who is not prohibited by federal law that applies for a permit MUST be issued a permit.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I served proudly beside men from most of these 50 stated and the camaraderie seemed more pure and powerful than the love I am feeling from some of our freedom loving, gun totin brethern!
    Say it aint so ladies and gentlemen! Are we not engaged in the same war against opressive liberalism? Do you folks not think we are engaged in changing hearts, minds, and politicians? We should be of one accord (not the car) and change the laws, not move! Moving is retreating!
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    I served proudly beside men from most of these 50 stated and the camaraderie seemed more pure and powerful than the love I am feeling from some of our freedom loving, gun totin brethern!
    Say it aint so ladies and gentlemen! Are we not engaged in the same war against opressive liberalism? Do you folks not think we are engaged in changing hearts, minds, and politicians? We should be of one accord (not the car) and change the laws, not move! Moving is retreating!
    although I agree with you in principle, I don't agree on staying with a dysfunctional government.

When the Tick (politicians) have there head so deeply buried in the skin(Albany) even if you remove the body (change politicians) the head is still buried in your skin causing physical and mental anguish. At that point alternatives are necessary. Major surgery is necessary and then Leave the infection behind.

On a side note, Pfizer just announced they are closing there Rockland plant by 2014. That plant as been there for over 100 years. Now why would they close that plant and lay off 1200+ employees..........

One obvious reason, Workman's Comp insurance in NY is the highest in the nation. Another reason, Taxes. Business taxes in NY are in the top 5 highest in the nation.

Our government is so dysfunctional it literally shut down for 8 weeks last year..........except for the 4 hours all the politicians came to the Capital TO VOTE THEMSELVES A RAISE.

screw them, it time to GET OUT. Let them wallow in there own financial mess. I have a couple more years left, and them I am OUTA-HERE.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links