Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks'

This is a discussion on Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What a bunch of moonbats. Then they go and get family memebers from the Columbine and VT shootings to add sympathy to thier cause. Whiney ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks'

What a bunch of moonbats. Then they go and get family memebers from the Columbine and VT shootings to add sympathy to thier cause. Whiney bleeding hearts.
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I heard on the news that an anti gun group is planning on protesting at a Starbucks today about their (SBs) policy on allowing customers to carry firearms inside.

I have not paid a whole lot of attention to their rantings so I am unsure what exactly their beef is.

Is it against Open Carry? 'Cause if it is, they picked a SB location that by city and county ord, it is illegal for anyone (your average Joe citizen) to OC. I find that amusing, I might go down there today to point that little tidbit out.

WHy dont the ants protest Wal Mart? They follow the state laws.

Why are they only going after Starbucks and not Home Depot or Wal Mart or any other place?

^^^Easy SB is their little Prog-Lib haven, and they are very threatoned that it is being invaded.

They expect us rifraf at HD or WM but not at their beloved SB

VIP Member
    Apparently, the elitist feel that latté sipping’, Volvo driving’ New York Times reading and Starbucks, is a sacred holy land for the pink pantywaist liberals. I'm not sure how the women feel about it, as they may share a different view...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Isn't it interesting how these wimps want to dictate corporate policy? If you don't like how an establishment operates, go somewhere else or start your own and run it the way youwant it!!!

America gives you choices and one of those is you can vote with your feet.
    Well, that would imply that moon bat liberals would "work". If there is one truth in this world, the moon bat liberal does not lower themselves to common labor, or risking anything, or doing anything but holding their hands out for the public largesse.

Which is why the government is chock full of moon-bat liberals occupying offices and receiving a paycheck for doing fundamentally nothing.

Maybe we should protest protesting...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Maybe we should protest protesting...
    Right or wrong, they have every right to protest and voice their opinions. Another part of that constitution thingy we are vigorously supporting.

Counter protesting on the other hand to put forth the other half of the argument (I.E. not the only mega-corp in the nation complying with law, and in the case of the Denver CO protest, the only guns allowed in that location are concealed - ergo nobody will know it is there, the general definition of "Legally carried/possessed, and Illegally carried/possessed) would be a good step.

Unfortunately we (gun owners) all have a stigma attached to us of being unstable, short fused, violent fanatics (thank you media) and would be viewed by the fence sitters akin to a neo-nazi org at a Jesse Jackson memorial.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Outside the box thinking here......

1. recession = stores closing nationwide
    2. possible stores closing = Starbucks
    3. to prevent stores closures = getting new customers
    4. crowds amassing to protest OC in Starbucks = new clients to help prevent further closures.
    Things that make you go hmmmmm!!!

I hope they drink lots of coffee while they're there.

You know, support your local starbucks and all...

Some people just have way too much time on their hands.

Daryl

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I guess it's a cheap.... shot..... at gun owners
    They're.... gunning.... for more strict laws
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Well.... maybe it will make the feel good and keep them busy for awhile......

It's not everyone who will go out like that and show their intelligence level is below average by not even knowing what the laws are there. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If it is already illegal to OC there, by city/county ordinance, the manager should appease them and tell them he won't allow OC in the store. That way the idiots will be happy and stick their heads back in the sand.
    Archer, Yer too good. IT'S COFFEE FOLKS. I carry and get me my coffee. You don't carry and get your coffee.. Were good. Make Peace with it.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Right or wrong, they have every right to protest and voice their opinions. Another part of that constitution thingy we are vigorously supporting.

Counter protesting on the other hand to put forth the other half of the argument (I.E. not the only mega-corp in the nation complying with law, and in the case of the Denver CO protest, the only guns allowed in that location are concealed - ergo nobody will know it is there, the general definition of "Legally carried/possessed, and Illegally carried/possessed) would be a good step.

Unfortunately we (gun owners) all have a stigma attached to us of being unstable, short fused, violent fanatics (thank you media) and would be viewed by the fence sitters akin to a neo-nazi org at a Jesse Jackson memorial.
    Well said. +1

This is a carry over from California. We don't see very many folks OC'ing in Colorado at SBUX. Tom Mauser shows up at anything with GUN in its title. He is a father of one of the Columbine kids. While I feel very sorry for his loss, he's went off the deep-end. He is just a repeater for the Brady Bunch. He says he has no problem with CCW, but that is disingenuous because once he gets the "gun-show loophole" closed he will like the Brady Bunch will just attack our rights in another place. It never ends, you would think he had a "Carolina powder blue helmet".

In CA they can't get a CCW to save their life, so they can carry open if it is unloaded. This is a shot across the bow in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Starbucks is standing up to them. You should spend your money there as a reward.

If I were in Denver, I'd go to Starbucks and spend some money.
    since i heard about this i patronize them more often and OC every time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links