Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks'

This is a discussion on Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I heard on the news that an anti gun group is planning on protesting at a Starbucks today about their (SBs) policy on allowing customers ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks'

Protest today (4-18-10) at Denver CO Starbucks'

I heard on the news that an anti gun group is planning on protesting at a Starbucks today about their (SBs) policy on allowing customers to carry firearms inside.

I have not paid a whole lot of attention to their rantings so I am unsure what exactly their beef is.

Is it against Open Carry? 'Cause if it is, they picked a SB location that by city and county ord, it is illegal for anyone (your average Joe citizen) to OC. I find that amusing, I might go down there today to point that little tidbit out.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Sometimes their thinking is a little off!

They probley got thier poster boards for thier signs at Wally-World......where no telling how many customers were heeled.

Bless thier hearts.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    If it is already illegal to OC there, by city/county ordinance, the manager should appease them and tell them he won't allow OC in the store. That way the idiots will be happy and stick their heads back in the sand.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I can see going out and protesting something that is illegal and should not be, but going out and protesting a store that is obeying the law and people excercising their freedom? Perhaps these people should go and spend their free time down at a soup kitchen or something else worthwhile.

carry

Lets see - "We customers don't want to be staring down the barrel of a gun wondering if the person carrying the gun is mentally stable, or if the gun is going to go off, killing our loved ones. We just want to drink our coffee with our children and loved ones in peace! " .... what are they doing laying on the floor? Mentally unstable - that will be known long before any guns come out..... someone said it right - their thinking is a little off. Too bad this article is not linked with the 32 shooting weekend Chicago has had where no guns are allowed.... or at least that is the policy. That sure sounds like it is working.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post
    Too bad this article is not linked with the 32 shooting weekend Chicago has had where no guns are allowed.... or at least that is the policy. That sure sounds like it is working.
    Well of course that is because the antis don't deal in those little "minor details"
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

After reading their facebook page, more amusement was added.

I almost hate to inform them of Colorado Law regarding the business "Banning of Guns" by choice...means precisely squat unless the gun holder refuses to leave the premises if confronted, and then it is a trespassing charge if the responding LEO's choose to process.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Isn't it interesting how these wimps want to dictate corporate policy? If you don't like how an establishment operates, go somewhere else or start your own and run it the way youwant it!!!

America gives you choices and one of those is you can vote with your feet.

Don't these anti-gun protesters have anything better to do with their time.
    Instead of worrying about someone carrying a 'legally' permitted firearm into coffee establishments, they should be protesting politicians who are carrying bags of money out of congress.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I made my comments known on F/B. Personnaly though, I wonder why would SB put them selves in the middle of this? Do they really need to say they welcome legal gun owners in thier store? I carry concealed there all the time, if they placed a sign I couldn't I would go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiehd View Post
    I made my comments known on F/B. Personnaly though, I wonder why would SB put them selves in the middle of this? Do they really need to say they welcome legal gun owners in thier store? I carry concealed there all the time, if they placed a sign I couldn't I would go somewhere else.
    They haven't put themselves in the middle. The libs put them in the middle. They have just stated they will not become involved and will follow the laws of the land. They have chosen the best path...
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Starbucks is standing up to them. You should spend your money there as a reward.

If I were in Denver, I'd go to Starbucks and spend some money.

I always wear an NRA ballcap, so there'd be no doubt of who was spending their money and who wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post
    Lets see - "We customers don't want to be staring down the barrel of a gun wondering if the person carrying the gun is mentally stable, or if the gun is going to go off, killing our loved ones.
    Thieves think everyone steals. Someone who is worried about his fellow man being unstable...

They'll have to remember to tell the next robber who comes in there they they like to drink their happy-flappy-mochacinos in peace and to put that gun away and leave.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links