Trip to Disney World.

This is a discussion on Trip to Disney World. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by simondog Checking OC in airline luggage is a serious violation of federal rules regarding transportations of hazardous materials. nobody ever said anything ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Trip to Disney World.

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by simondog
    Checking OC in airline luggage is a serious violation of federal rules regarding transportations of hazardous materials.
    nobody ever said anything to me either, and my locked case was checked by 2 people at the airline counter and 2 TSA people scanning the luggage opened the whole thing and checked it all

    When I flew Southwest, here is what I got from their website:

    Since it is against the Federal Hazardous Material Regulations, Southwest Airlines does not allow Customers to carry the following items in checked or carryon baggage:

    -Aerosols (unless medicine or toiletry less than 16 fluid oz.)
    -Flammable solvents
    -Paints (except for nonflammable artist paints in tubes)
    -Adhesives
    -Bleach
    -Mercury or equipment containing mercury (except for personal thermometers stored in a protective case).
    -Self-defense sprays (except a single self-defense spray not exceeding four ounces (118 ml) that has a protective cap or cover to prevent accidental discharge [allowed in checked baggage only]).

    mine was a 4 oz OC with a flip-top lid, NOT in any protective case or holster, just loose inside my locked case with my handgun/ammo/mags
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array dehalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    45
    OK, the verdict is in! My family and I have returned from Disney World (Orlando). Packing there was a cinch! While they did check bags, my deep conceal Kel-Tek P-3AT was ideal for this task.

    While some had replied that it is a hassle to carry there, I did not find this to be the case. I can see where a larger pistol would be a hassle, but the P-3AT was not.

    Others claimed that crowed areas and facades were a concern. I concur with that assessment. I cannot predict what situations will unfold. So as and Eagle Scout, I like to “be prepared”.

    So IMHO, if you want to carry at Disney World, I would give it a “thumbs up”. I would recommend that you go in a “deep conceal” mode with a mouse gun.

    Have a Magical Day!!!

  4. #18
    Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,582
    Glad you guys had a safe and pleasurable experience at Disney.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

  5. #19
    Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo
    Thanks, but it is only my opinion and I know it does not apply to everyone. The two big factors that dictate why I don't carry at Disney are:
    1) My comfort and enjoyment of the park;

    2) The fact that there will almost never, ever be a safe backdrop for you to take a shot in that park. There are thousands upon thousands of people in every direction. Most of the walls you see are not even real walls...just thin facades. And behind each of those walls...thousands more people on rides, in line, working, etc. You are responsible for every round that leaves the barrel of your weapon. If you are close enough to take a 100% shot with absolutely no chance of a through-and-through...you are probably close enough (and better off) going hands-on or using a blade.

    Fact is, if it is a massive attack of a terrorist nature, it is going to be chem/bio in nature. Your handgun won't help you.

    Again, this is just my opinion. I don't fault others for where they choose to carry or not carry, as long as it is legal.
    Gonzo

    Your points are well taken, however as a carry hound you are surely aware of what I'm about to say:

    It always irks me when people (not you) wonder "why anyone needs a gun in (you name it)". OK, I doubt I need one in Disney World, but what if it is late and dark and I'm trying to get to my car, and I get accosted? Be nice to have it on me then instead of locked inside my car. Oh, and by the way, I carry when I ride roller coasters or any other ride at amusement parks here, no problem.

  6. #20
    Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc
    Your points are well taken, however as a carry hound you are surely aware of what I'm about to say:

    It always irks me when people (not you) wonder "why anyone needs a gun in (you name it)". OK, I doubt I need one in Disney World, but what if it is late and dark and I'm trying to get to my car, and I get accosted? Be nice to have it on me then instead of locked inside my car. Oh, and by the way, I carry when I ride roller coasters or any other ride at amusement parks here, no problem.
    True. A situation can arise in ANY location where you might need a firearm. I could, conceivably, be attacked while working out in the gym. Somebody could walk in and start shooting the place up. That being said, I don't carry a pistol when I am on the weight-benches or the treadmill. Conscious choice based on likely risk. Same applies when I'm in the shower; on the beach; in the swimming pool, etc. Everybody has to weigh the risks they feel exist and act accordingly. I am confident in my abilities to defend myself without a firearm to make it from the gates of Disney World to my vehicle. And I simply don't find it comfortable when on rides, as you do. But, when and where a person chooses to carry (assuming it is legal) is a personal choice. I don't buy into the "Why would anybody carry in/at...INSERT LOCATION?". Some folks would find it offensive that I carry at church. Well, they will simply have to be offended. :c)
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

  7. #21
    Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    disney's rules are not florida rules.

    Florida ccw is not forbidden in theme parks--bottom line. If they ask you to leave, leave and they cant do crap.
    And don't forget to demand your admission price back. God knows it's expensive enough to go there.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

    The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

  8. #22
    Member Array zwvirtual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson
    Interesting. Sea World was the park I carried at, and never got a second look. I was wearing my camera vest / CCW advertisement and carrying my camera. I also had my 1911 and 2 spare mags, in case Shamu got out of line....

    Hey, he's a killer whale. I was in fear for my life...

    Matt

    That's awesome!...good post!
    Ray

    كافر, and proud of it

    European American, and proud of it

    Member of the NRA, and proud of it

    Be courteous, be polite, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

  9. #23
    Member Array dehalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo
    True. A situation can arise in ANY location where you might need a firearm. I could, conceivably, be attacked while working out in the gym. Somebody could walk in and start shooting the place up. That being said, I don't carry a pistol when I am on the weight-benches or the treadmill. Conscious choice based on likely risk. Same applies when I'm in the shower; on the beach; in the swimming pool, etc. Everybody has to weigh the risks they feel exist and act accordingly. I am confident in my abilities to defend myself without a firearm to make it from the gates of Disney World to my vehicle. And I simply don't find it comfortable when on rides, as you do. But, when and where a person chooses to carry (assuming it is legal) is a personal choice. I don't buy into the "Why would anybody carry in/at...INSERT LOCATION?". Some folks would find it offensive that I carry at church. Well, they will simply have to be offended. :c)
    Gonzo
    Gonzo, I carry at chruch as well. Remember Beslin (sic?). In fact, I have a "chruch pistol"!!!

  10. #24
    Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dehalter
    Gonzo, I carry at chruch as well. Remember Beslin (sic?). In fact, I have a "chruch pistol"!!!
    Me too! I wear my "fancy little pistol" to church.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

  11. #25
    New Member Array katipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dehalter
    I am planning a trip to Disney World this summer. I live in Texas, and we have reciprocity with Florida. Has anyone checked guns in at the airport, and taken them to Disney? Can you carry at Disney? What do I need to know? Thanks for any info you have.

    I do plan to read the Florida law very completely.
    In Texas:

    Our conceal carry law has written in "places unlawful to carry"

    "amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompassing at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk, parking lot, parking garage, orother parking areas.

    This fairly describes "Six Flags Over Texas" in the Dallas metroplex uniquely.

    I would be absolutely certain to review Floridas laws and make sure no such descriptive blurb is there to satisfy Disney World need to be weapon free if such exists.
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

  12. #26
    Member Array dehalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by katipo
    In Texas:

    Our conceal carry law has written in "places unlawful to carry"

    "amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompassing at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk, parking lot, parking garage, orother parking areas.

    This fairly describes "Six Flags Over Texas" in the Dallas metroplex uniquely.

    I would be absolutely certain to review Floridas laws and make sure no such descriptive blurb is there to satisfy Disney World need to be weapon free if such exists.
    I did read the Florida law (over and over) and could find no similar blurb. In addtion, I posted this same question on several web sites, and got the same answer, you can carry at Disney. Afterall, it is the "GunShine State"!!!

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by katipo
    In Texas:

    Our conceal carry law has written in "places unlawful to carry"

    "amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompassing at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk, parking lot, parking garage, orother parking areas.

    This fairly describes "Six Flags Over Texas" in the Dallas metroplex uniquely.

    I would be absolutely certain to review Floridas laws and make sure no such descriptive blurb is there to satisfy Disney World need to be weapon free if such exists.
    .....true....HOWEVER...they have to post 30.06 signs, otherwise carry in amusement parks is legal
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ccw and Disney World ?
    By Cas Cowboy in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
  2. Driving to Disney World
    By BigFish in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM
  3. Driving to Disney World
    By BigFish in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM
  4. Disney World
    By cobra34242 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: January 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
  5. Trip to Disney World
    By dehalter in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM

Search tags for this page

can a police officer carry a gun in disneyland?
,
can cops carry at disneyland
,
can cops carry in disneyland
,
can law enforcement carry a gun at disneyland
,
can law enforcement officers cary ther weapon into disneyland
,

chl disney world

,
disney world chl
,
disney world concealed weapons off-duty law enforcement
,
disney world off duty carry
,
law enforcement firearms disney world
,
law enforcement gun carry disneyland
,
off duty carry in disneyland
Click on a term to search for related topics.