model 60 3" IWB holster

model 60 3" IWB holster

This is a discussion on model 60 3" IWB holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i tried the search and went through 4-5 pages but didn't see anything specific for the 60 pro series 3" wheelie for IWB - i ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By hipthunder
  • 1 Post By JT
  • 1 Post By Saber
  • 1 Post By AZ Desertrat
  • 1 Post By czman2006

Thread: model 60 3" IWB holster

model 60 3" IWB holster

i tried the search and went through 4-5 pages but didn't see anything specific for the 60 pro series 3" wheelie for IWB - i have several bianchi iwb holsters which i like but none seem to fit this pistol well

do you guys know of any off the shelf holsters that fit the 3" well??
    it seems hard to find one that fits the pro 60 just right - i prefer leather over cloth or nylon - i may have to open the wallet for a custom unless you guys have any ideas - this is my first 3" revolver i've carried - my snubs and autos are no problem holsters galore for them but i'm having a time with this one - thanks in advance for suggestions
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

My brother uses a Simply Rugged holster for his Model 60 Pro with 3" barrel, and likes it a lot.

Distinguished Member
    First, you have a fine gun there. My buddy's wife has one (pro series 3"). Great shooter. They had the same problem and there's young guy at a nearby gun shop that made her an IWB that she seems very happy with. It's kydex or something similar. Actually, the material is more pliable than kydex. Somewhere between kydex and leather in terms of flexibility. He now has the ability to reproduce it since he used hers for the mold prototype. Price? maybe $45. Not really sure.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

JT
    Check out this article. The author recommends a Black Hills Leather model for a 3" Model 60.

Black Hills Leather Company Inside the Waistband Holster Model BH76

This article gives a good review of the 3” Model 60.

The Smith & Wesson Model 60-15 .357 Magnum J-frame Revolver
    ArmyCop likes this.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

re

thanks JT - i like that black hills - nice and narrow
    I'll check that one out a little more

yea - the 60 pro is great little shooter i plink 38'sFMJ's at the range for practice and carry .357jhp's when i'm out and about - very versatile pistol
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

When I read "model 60," my first thought was how do you conceil a Marlin Model 60 and why a 22LR if conceiling a rifle?

I need coffee.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

Distinguished Member
    The pro series model 60 is not likely to fit in a holster for the standard 3" model 60. The barrel is partially shrouded on the bottom and the front sight is significantly more pronounced/higher blade than the standard. The differences in the two will make them non-compatable holster wise I believe.

hipthunder, you've got that figured out. This is for anyone hoping to help. You're probably looking at a custom of some kind.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    The pro series model 60 is not likely to fit in a holster for the standard 3" model 60. The barrel is partially shrouded on the bottom and the front sight is significantly more pronounced/higher blade than the standard. The differences in the two will make them non-compatable holster wise I believe.

hipthunder, you've got that figured out. This is for anyone hoping to help. You're probably looking at a custom of some kind.
    I don't know about the 60 pro, but I know a 627 pro fits perfectly in a Galco Phoenix designed for a standard N Frame.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

re

thanks again guys ....thats what i get i guess for loving the 3"

its looks like a custom is the ticket if i want it to be right - i'm making a bianchi iwb that i used with my cz75b 9mm work but i had to modify the hammer strap (shorten it)

VIP Member
    Initially, I didn’t much care for the Pro-60 but after holding it I quickly realized that it was very well balanced and the action was quite smooth for a production smith’. The gun feels lighter than my Model 640 which is not the case. The barrel design is the key element to the superior balance, combined with the well-designed grips. Heck, when I hold up my custom Model 640 in a one hand aiming position, and then hold the Pro-60 in the same manner, the difference is like night n’ day.

Unfortunately, the Pro 60 still doesn’t have a big calling and as such, holster makers haven’t quite warmed up to it. As others have suggested, custom may well be the best option, such as Milt Sparks or the like’. Man, I'd sure like to see that barrel design in a slightly shorter length.

Regards,
    Dan Ortego
    ArmyCop likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

re

agreed...when i was looking for the gun i thought well 3" nobody wants that especially the "pro" but lo and behold nobody had one anywhere
    downhere - plenty of 60's but no pro's - finally found 3 up in daytona and looked at all for the best price - i did notice the cylinder to barrel gap ranged from 5 to 8 on the ones i looked at so i bought the one with 5 for $649 - i understand simply rugged has a holster made for it and have heard good thing about them but haven't checked yet

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    yes.....look into the Simply Rugged.....I have two of them and they work well.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

I ordered a IWB tuckable holster from Rudy at Black Hills Leather for my Model 60 Pro Series 3". Works great and customer service was outstanding. Excellent handgun!
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

re

more to check....thanks guys

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Posting to follow. I just got a S&W Model 60 Pro (3") for my EDC. Currently using a soft Uncle Mike's IWB size 15. While the UM works ok for appendix carry for me - I'm still looking for something better.
    For God, Family and Country!

Sponsored Links