Tell-tale sign a cc'er

Tell-tale sign a cc'er

This is a discussion on Tell-tale sign a cc'er within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I was a kid growing up, we all carried cheap pocket knives - usually a 'Barlow' that you bought from the stand-up case on ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tell-tale sign a cc'er

VIP Member

Tell-tale sign a cc'er

When I was a kid growing up, we all carried cheap pocket knives - usually a 'Barlow' that you bought from the stand-up case on the counter at the hardware store. I still carry mine.

However, my nephews are constantly showing me their ultra-expensive, self-defense, assisted-open knives. The kind that clip to your pocket. These are some seriously nice blades. I'm finding that the folks that carry these and cc'ers are often one and the same.

Yesterday in church, I spotted two knife-clips from the balcony (the sermon wasn't reaching me, and I was trying to stay awake ). Yup - they both printed slightly as they sat down. Honestly, it's very comforting to me how many cc'ers that I'm seeing these days. Their careful choice of holster and concealment suggests that they are taking this responsibility seriously.

test me out on this - look for the pocket clip, and then find the cc. Chances are the shirt will be on the outside or heavily bloused .

Heh, you got me. Knife clipped IWB on my weak side when I'm tucked, inside my weak side pocket when untucked.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I'm going to start ccing my knife now
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Guilty as charged! I'll have to make it a point to pay more attention to the knife clips. I'm a lefty so my PPS rides at 8:30 and my benchmade at about 3:00. Sounds like I might need to work on covering the clip on my knife a little better.

Thanks for the heads up!

One way to conceal a knife with a clip is to clip it so the knife is inside you waste band and the clip runs under your belt.

got me as well!

I'd started a thread on just this subject not long ago...

March 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...l-view-ma.html

I conceal carry my knife rather than follow the pocket clip method.
    To my mind concealed means 'concealed'.

A funny thing though, yesterday during an instructor course I decided on a whim to string side pocket clip carry just for giggles.
    I get home and that night I go to remove the knife doing a 'dry fire' quick deploy maneuver only to find the blade jammed closed. It would not open at all as I tried to manipulate the thumb stud. Normally a flick of my wrist is enough to gravity deploy it very quickly.

So I flip it over and examine the blade closely.
    What do I find? A dime was stuck between the leading edge of the blade and the body of the grip. Jammed in so good it would not just drop out and I had to use my teeth to bite on it and pull it away because my fingers could not get a decent grasp on the edge.

Had I needed to make use of that knife in the immediate I'd have been sunk.
    Never again.
    It goes back to my normal as deeply concealed mode of carry where nothing but clothing lint at best can get into it's action.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Thanks for re-posting that link, Janq (useful and informative as always). I had somehow missed that one.

I also prefer to be the 'gray man', but that's just me.

Read the link Janq, interesting seeing a different side of things. I carry my SOG as a tool and use it as such. I've used it for everything from opening and breaking down cardboard boxes, cutting zip ties and other fasteners, peeling Cat5 cable to crimp it, stripping wires while working on my Jeep, even cutting designs out of paper....

I have actually never, ever intended to use it in a defensive situation. Too close quarters for me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

haha. yep. im one of them!
    i used to carry my belt IWB with the belt hiding the clip, but now I carry it in my pocket so that clip can be seen. obviously not everyone with a nice knife is a CCer, but certainly something to look for.
    I very much enjoy spotting CCers.
    So if every you are in TN and a girl with a HK knife in her right pocket looks at your knife, eyes you over and smiles at you and gives you a small nod, you're not being hit on, its just me saying hello.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

re

yupbusted

i was at the flea market and bought a spring assist 3" that clips nicely to my pocket next to my change pouch on my levis - its already come in handy for cutting fishing line
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Gee whiz now i feel left out, cuz I don't carry a knife,
    And I always have a good CC rig, to help hide what I have on me.
    So very true about the knife thing, I see a lot of it in the store, with the Customers we serve at the gun counter. I'll remember to ask them what they have on, and then mention this thread. BTW GREAT observation as it should make all of us more aware that people are watching
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I used to carry a knife clipped to my pocket. For the last few months I've carried the RAT Izula in my pocket.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Knife gives me away? I thought it was the pepper spray on the weak side and clipped flashlight on the strong side that did it. If I had to "worry" about getting busted printing I might try harder. But I don't. So I don't worry much about it.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yup! Busted! Need to rethink this now....
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links