Run in with a rent-a-cop - Page 3

Run in with a rent-a-cop

This is a discussion on Run in with a rent-a-cop within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mstarn Glad to see the Security Officer doing his job. Have you thought that he might, also, be carrying concealed! Mark I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Run in with a rent-a-cop

Quote Originally Posted by mstarn
    Glad to see the Security Officer doing his job.

Have you thought that he might, also, be carrying concealed!

Mark

I hope not, this guy was a loose cannon, that's the only reason I originally posted, on this subject. Like I said before, I don't have a problem with a security officer doing his job, it's the "rent-a-cop's" I have a problem with IMHO there is a big difference. I worked as an armed security officer, for 2 years, so I know first hand, how the public tends to treat them. I feel if I'm treated with respect, respect is returned, gladly. I go to this office complex, on a regular basis, as we have numerous, customers who work there. All of the other security officers, I've had dealings with in the past, were positive, maybe a stop and check, then a have a nice day, professional, curtious, doing their job. Like I said before I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with the, over the top wanna be LEO. Not trying to rant just trying to clarify, if I offended you legitmate, hard working security officers, out there, I appoligize. I hope this more clearly, explains what I was trying to get across in my original post.

VIP Member
    When you meet up with the wannabe attitude, just flash your concealed weapons permit badge (which by the way I sell for only $295 :)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp
    When you meet up with the wannabe attitude, just flash your concealed weapons permit badge (which by the way I sell for only $295 :)

I'll respond when I get off the floor!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp
    Thats pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog21
    to add to red sticks post security officrs/guards have citizens arrest authority like everyone else . So securtiy officers/guards have just as much authority to detain as you do. also in some states they are sworn and vested with police powers North carolina is one of those states.
    There is no citizens arrest in NC per GS 15A-404. Its explained a little more in depth here. Armed security doesnt have the power to arrest either, but I've never had a problem with armed security. As a matter of fact the only armed security personell I've seen were couriers.

Yes, I know the statute off the top of my head. I've been harrassed more than a few times by rentacops, so its came in handy.

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar

Last Christmas at BestBuy

I posted this story on Packing.org, but will abbreviate it for this site.

Last Christmas, I did a bit of shopping at BestBuy in the Indianapolis area. After my purchase, I approached the door and was stopped by an unarmed security guard. He was maybe 20 years old.

In a nutshell, he thought I was shoplifting when he noticed a bulge on my right hip. I explained that it was not merchandise and discreetly turned to the wall, away from the rest of the store's patrons, explaining it was my sidearm and lifted my clothing to show that it was in fact, my sidearm.

Then the unthinkable happened, without warning he tried to grab it from my holster. Needless to say, I dropped my bags and retained my Glock.

The full stories are on PDO if you wish to read the play by plays. Go to the search feature and type in BestBuy. Click on Steelhorse posts on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach S
    There is no citizens arrest in NC per GS 15A-404. Its explained a little more in depth here. Armed security doesnt have the power to arrest either, but I've never had a problem with armed security. As a matter of fact the only armed security personell I've seen were couriers.

Yes, I know the statute off the top of my head. I've been harrassed more than a few times by rentacops, so its came in handy.
    I apoligize the state is south carolina.

SECTION 40-18-110. Authority and arrest powers of those licensed or registered under chapter.

A person who is registered or licensed under this chapter and who is hired or employed to provide security services on specific property is granted the authority and arrest power given to sheriff's deputies. [/B]

All I have to say is WOW!!!!

You are armed, legally, steelhorse and he's got the where with all to try and take your weapon. This is why I posted, my original post. Had he been properly trained he never would have thought of taking your weapon. Had it been me, when I worked armed security, I would've said sorry have a nice day. Although they don't employ armed security at stores like that.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links