T.V. Coverage of Todays Anti-Gun Control Rallies

T.V. Coverage of Todays Anti-Gun Control Rallies

This is a discussion on T.V. Coverage of Todays Anti-Gun Control Rallies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Watched a story on MSNBC and I must say it was really not slanted against our position in any way. They just covered it straight ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T.V. Coverage of Todays Anti-Gun Control Rallies

Thumbs up T.V. Coverage of Todays Anti-Gun Control Rallies

Watched a story on MSNBC and I must say it was really not slanted against our position in any way.
    They just covered it straight and made no editorial comments.
    Would also like to compliment the lady at one of the demonstrations (Can't remember VA or DC) who represented pro RKBA people for the interview very well. No political comments other than to explain our position.
    The more non-gun people who see us this this way (calm and thinking),the more who will come to agree with us or at least to not be against our position.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Was not trying to stir up any discord but no comments at all from anyone???

VIP Member
    Didn't see the clip. So no comment on it.

OTOH, their web site isn't so clean, IMHO.

First thoughts: Seeking one more vote - First Read - msnbc.com

*** Men With Guns: For the second time in less than a week, protestors will descend on the DC area -- this time bearing arms and supporting the 2nd Amendment. But the Washington Post notes that the “Restore the Constitution” rally at a national park outside of DC is more about Obama’s health, tax, and social policies than about guns. (After all, Obama expanded gun rights more than any other Democratic president when he signed legislation into law that, among other things, allows people to carry weapons in national parks like the one where the rally will take place.) There’s another pro-gun rally on the National Mall, the Second Amendment March, but folks there won’t be carrying guns (because of DC law). Critics have seized on the fact that these protests are coming on the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, but organizers say they are commemorating the Lexington and Concord anniversary of April 19, 1775. Speaking of Oklahoma City, former President Bill Clinton has a New York Times op-ed on the bombing, as well as the anti-government rhetoric then and now.
    I was rather offended by the link to Op-Ed Contributor - Lessons Learned From Oklahoma City - NYTimes.com

We are again dealing with difficulties in a contentious, partisan time. We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

Civic virtue can include harsh criticism, protest, even civil disobedience. But not violence or its advocacy. That is the bright line that protects our freedom. It has held for a long time, since President George Washington called out 13,000 troops in response to the Whiskey Rebellion.

Fifteen years ago, the line was crossed in Oklahoma City. In the current climate, with so many threats against the president, members of Congress and other public servants, we owe it to the victims of Oklahoma City, and those who survived and responded so bravely, not to cross it again.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    MSNBC is progressive dreck. If anything unbiased gets released, it was only by accident or because the spin doctors were busy working on another patient.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Sorry haven't seen it yet so no comment either from me. But then MSNBC is on my don't trust and don't care to watch list because they are a bunch of hacks looking for the next buck they can get from someone elses pain and suffering, or bad judgement. But I do appreciate you,The Fish for letting us know about it. Thanks..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

need to find story to comment on the subject from msnbc on gunrights or gun control. if msnbc has any comment it could be bais, or some times they go with some people in goverment. if u could find web cast on this subject. this i believe was two parts on this subject

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Watched a story on MSNBC and I must say it was really not slanted against our position in any way.
    The more non-gun people who see us this this way (calm and thinking),the more who will come to agree with us or at least to not be against our position.
    Ya know what?
    I don't care........

What I DO care about is getting the appropriate state
    level politicians to PUSH EVERY PRO GUN BILL POSSIBLE.

A couple days ago ARIZONA passed Constitutional Carry.
    No PERMIT NEEDED

Every day more pro gun laws are introduced around the country , and WE - not the non gunners need to support
    their passage.

Getting those passed takes Campaign contributions and promising to vote for our political allies.

It takes more people joining and giving money to the NRA.

And it takes all of us TEACHING the uncommitted among
    our family and friends what the Constitution really says.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

i wish there were more sane politicians out there. I'd love to vote for the politicians that support pro gun legislation also tend to support turning America into a fascist theocracy (that, or they're neocons like my senator, lindsey graham). not cool

Sorry, can't watch any channel that has Keith Olbermann on it. I am surprised by the unbiased reporting. That is a rarity no matter what news you are watching. Kudos to MSNBC.

They left the biased opinions to Rachael Maddoff. Her take was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    MSNBC is progressive dreck. If anything unbiased gets released, it was only by accident or because the spin doctors were busy working on another patient.
    Of course,MSNBC has a liberal bias;
    Fox News has a conservative bias;
    Your point???

Question

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    i wish there were more sane politicians out there. I'd love to vote for the politicians that support pro gun legislation also tend to support turning America into a fascist theocracy (that, or they're neocons like my senator, lindsey graham). not cool
    Oh my goodness, another liberal who is really pro 2nd Amendment ???
    Am I reading your post correctly??

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Sorry, can't watch any channel that has Keith Olbermann on it. I am surprised by the unbiased reporting. That is a rarity no matter what news you are watching. Kudos to MSNBC.
    FYI, while I watch MSNBC a lot, I do not like Olberman and Schultz even if I agree with most of their positions.
    I try to take what I like from each side in politics and not condemn any one side for the things I do not like.
    I guess that's why I'm a liberal who believes I gun rights.
    I wish there were more of us.

Who cares if you are a Democrat or Republican?

It is time that we all once again became Americans. Who cares if you are one or the other as long as you vote independent of the Party line.

We need good solid Americans who are conservative in nature with a large dose of common sense and an APPRECIATION OF WHERE WE CAME FROM AND HOW WE GOT HERE.

It is largely ignored that Americans are the most productive and inventive people on earth. Largely because we are industrious and good problems solvers.

We could get out of this nasty economic recession by simply going full speed ahead in ALL areas of energy development. We could provide many many jobs in all areas from laborers to rocket scientists by developing and selling energy (oil, gas, etc.) to all comers. This would drive the cost down immediately and dramatically providing the USA with inexpensive energy to fuel our factories.

Regarding our RKBA, politicians who act based on facts and not conjecture, would support the right of all people to keep and bear arms once they reviewed the FBI statistics regarding increasing murder and rape in areas with strong gun control.

So, when you vote in November, only vote for people who decide on facts not theories and who support our RKBA.

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by twocan View Post
    It is time that we all once again became Americans. Who cares if you are one or the other as long as you vote independent of the Party line.

We need good solid Americans who are conservative in nature with a large dose of common sense and an APPRECIATION OF WHERE WE CAME FROM AND HOW WE GOT HERE.

It is largely ignored that Americans are the most productive and inventive people on earth. Largely because we are industrious and good problems solvers.

We could get out of this nasty economic recession by simply going full speed ahead in ALL areas of energy development. We could provide many many jobs in all areas from laborers to rocket scientists by developing and selling energy (oil, gas, etc.) to all comers. This would drive the cost down immediately and dramatically providing the USA with inexpensive energy to fuel our factories.

Regarding our RKBA, politicians who act based on facts and not conjecture, would support the right of all people to keep and bear arms once they reviewed the FBI statistics regarding increasing murder and rape in areas with strong gun control.

So, when you vote in November, only vote for people who decide on facts not theories and who support our RKBA.

Capt. Art
    Very well said!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links