Does anyone else find this description aggravating or biased? - Page 3

Does anyone else find this description aggravating or biased?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else find this description aggravating or biased? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I guess it went bad because the poor guy probably has to buy some new carpet now. Carpet isn't cheap. Latest ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone else find this description aggravating or biased?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess it went bad because the poor guy probably has to buy some new carpet now. Carpet isn't cheap.

Latest on the news is that he raised his garage door and shot him in the driveway. According to the news, they are going to try and decide if his life was 'actually in danger.'

*sigh* That's why I'm curious about the legitimacy of shooting someone who has a light shined in your eyes.

This guy was spending the nite in a home under construction (they hadnt moved in yet)...because it had been burglarized earlier in the day and he had reported it to police.

If you can account for your family members/residents...and someone * that you think doesnt belong there* shines a light in your eyes (conceivably to blind you)....are you justified in shooting them in self-defense? They could very well have a gun behind that light.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Seriously? I think a large portion of our populace secretly is thrilled by the concept of crime, and would commit crimes, too, but are too cowardly to do it themselves. I also think a large proportion of these people are Liberal and pretty much dominate our media.

The thing that really toasts my cookies, though, is when a criminal is shot in the act of committing a crime is referred to as a shooting VICTIM.

... investigating a burglary gone bad ...

... a homeowner shot and killed a would-be burglar ...
    Gone "bad" for the criminal, but that's just too bad. Sounds like a good thing to me, particularly with the homeowner still standing.

And, was it a home invasion and robbery type situation, or merely a burglary in which the homeowner came upon the criminal accidentally? The reporting leave this open, based on the description.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Check my last post a couple above yours ccw9mm. It has more info on the interaction.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Well apparently they changed it.

BUT, in the liberal medias mind, yes this buglary did go bad. In their mind anytime a disadvantaged individual who just wants to get ahead, gets killed by a gun wielding member of the elite class, it has gone bad.
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

GM
    I am not surprised that MSNBC published an article like that; that is the usual biased rubbish that they like to publish. I truly hope that the homeowner does not get in any trouble.

-- "But another neighbor, who wanted to remain anonymous, said she thought the homeowner overreacted. "A life should not be lost over walking on someone's property," said the woman." -- Let see if she says the same the day that a criminal walks into her house to rape her.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If more burglaries "went bad" for the garbage commiting the burlary...Maybe they would not be so willing to burglarize in the first place!

The good guy is alive and well and the folks in that town are safer!

I call it a happy ending!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    There seems to be a trend today by the media, to turn the bad guy into the victim. We see it here in Florida all the time. A dirt-bag gets killed in a traffic accident, robbery attempt, drug deal gone bad, etc. He or she has a list of priors as long as your arm. The media will quote relatives who cry about what a good heart the perp had and how happy and good natured they seemed. They go on about how the BG had just started to turn his life around. If it bleeds, it leads! The watchword of the press. I agree, on the face of it, it was a robbery that went good.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    To me a burglary "gone bad" would be if the homeowner was killed or hurt. I guess that just goes to show that the medias perspective does not represent me. I would venture to say the same for a majority of Americans. What do you think it would take to realign the media to match reality?
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Latest on the news is that he raised his garage door and shot him in the driveway. According to the news, they are going to try and decide if his life was 'actually in danger.'

*sigh* That's why I'm curious about the legitimacy of shooting someone who has a light shined in your eyes.

This guy was spending the nite in a home under construction (they hadnt moved in yet)...because it had been burglarized earlier in the day and he had reported it to police.

If you can account for your family members/residents...and someone * that you think doesnt belong there* shines a light in your eyes (conceivably to blind you)....are you justified in shooting them in self-defense? They could very well have a gun behind that light.
    I think from a legal stand point you would be good to shoot. After all, you're in your house,in the dark, and no one else should be there? I believe that would pass the "reasonable man" question.

My only problem might be with where to shoot. I mean is the light in his left or right hand? Is he holding it low or high? Center mass may be hard to determine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links