Defensive Carry banner

Concealed Carry Question

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Madcap_Magician 
#1 ·
I am only 20 years old and I want to get my concealed carry license. My neighbor told me that i could take the required course now and if i pass that I could just get my license when im 21 and not have to take the course agian. Is that true? If not what other options might their be?

#2 ·
Check your state and local laws as the laws vary quite a bit. Some states do not call it a CC license.
oldogy

#4 ·
not familiar in Kansas laws but ...to be safe, just wait till you become 21. Because money you pay is non-refundable.

Correct me if I am wrong.

G'day :bier:

#6 ·
My daughter took the course when she was only 20 and of course had to wait a year till she turned 21 to get her permit. In SC the course is good for serveral years after you take it but I'm sure each state is different.

#10 ·
Do check YOUR state law. If I remember correctly the Tennessee course was only good for six months. Of course that was a long while ago when I took the course. :smile:
Correct for TN. Still only good for 6 months. Check local laws in Kansas to see how it works there!

#9 ·
Most States Require your training Certificate to be within a year of applying for your permit cant be sure where your at best Info as others have stated call and ask thats free better that than taking course twice. good luck to you

#11 ·
in Ohio the course is good for 6 months and you are able to take it before you are 21

#12 ·
I was able to do this in NC. I took the course a few months before I turned 21. The next business day after I turned 21, I went and applied for my permit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.