Buffalo Wild Wings

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "I'm standing up for my principles! I refuse to enter this business as they discriminate against legally armed citizens. This is an outrage! I will ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

"I'm standing up for my principles! I refuse to enter this business as they discriminate against legally armed citizens. This is an outrage! I will not patronize any such institution. Never."

>"Oh, you mean they have hot wings? Err....let's lock up the guns in the car, boys..... Dang, I love wings....."<

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Ah b dubs.... yeah... I don't go there anymore.

It sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place though it sucks that you don't have much choice that your auto club meets there. Maybe suggest a new place to hang out?

Yeah in Ohio it is pretty easy to figure out if you are allowed in with a CCW or not. You guys in the other states would have to figure it out. Since BWW bans guns as a policy I try to avoid that place. The food is good but not good enough for me to go through the trouble of specifically leaving my gun at home or chancing locking it up in the car.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

There's a BWW in my area here in Upstate NY. There is no sign on the door, there is no public notice of a firearms ban, and we have no silly laws in NY that say I can't carry concealed in a place that serves alcohol. That being said, I carry there like I carry everywhere else.

In my situation, if someone figured out I was carrying and asked me to leave I'm legally bound to do so. I would *hope* that someone would know enough about that law to know that I am within my legal right and not involve the police. They could just ask me to leave. Once you are asked to leave and do not, you are knowingly somewhere you know you are not supposed to be and that is covered under trespassing law. Add to that you are now trespassing with a firearm, and you should expect police presence.

However, you said it best. Concealed is concealed. If you are within your legal right, do it.

Normally I would say boycot the place and send them a letter.

But we're talking BW3s here...so I would conceal and enjoy the wings !
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Moot point here....I find their food horrid.
    +1 on that! The ribs are totally unedible! They smell and most likely taste like alpo dog food!

I love ribs, but actually had to throw the last order I got there out and order something else. After I did, I realized that the first time I got ribs there I didn't like them either.

It's company policy. The sign is rather generic and identical at all locations. Just ignore it, if the signage is non-binding in your locality.

Personally, I really enjoy their wings.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    +1 on that! The ribs are totally unedible! They smell and most likely taste like alpo dog food!
    So I guess you have actually eaten Alpo....(just kidding). I don't care much for their food myself... But I have CC'ed in one of their locations. I don't remember seeing a no carry sign...

I like their wings too, but that's not what I was asked I suppose.

I "try" not to patronize businesses that ban lawful carry of firearms. While I understand their concerns (AD's and ND's have happened), the signs do nothing to protect their customers from criminals. Since I dislike being in places that suspend or otherwise attempt to beguile me my rights, I avoid those places as much as I can.

My wife has a great recipe for hot wings. If for some reason she wants Parmesan Garlic or Asian Zing, then I'll regretfully stop by for a bottle of sauce. That way I minimize the time I spend in the confines of their foolishness.

As a side note, our BWW is across the street from where an armed robbery occured a few years back. The robbery attempt ended in a shootout with police that resulted in one dead perp, some holes in a passing vehicle, and a window shot out of a nearby Ace Hardware.

IMO, BWW has the right to set the terms for doing business with them; it's my choice whether or not to accept the terms. If it's worth the risk, then go for it. If not, choose another place.

Daryl

i wouldn't know about the ribs when i go there i am getting wings. The mango habenero are delicious.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

BTW there was an armed robbery of the aldi store just across the main drag from this BWW within the last week where the manager of the store was nabbed at gunpoint and forced back into the building and hog tied while they cleared out the safe.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

I wouldn't expect good ribs in a wing place. I would phone the manager and ask whether it was corporate policy or local. If it is a policy they enforce I wouldn't eat there.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Go to HOOters....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Go to HOOters....
    i would if there was one ever remotely close.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

What town is that BWW in? The one I frequent in Mankato,MN doesn't have a sign. At least i haven't noticed one

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Go to HOOters....
    Hooters in Arizona are posted against carrying.

Anti CCW Places in AZ
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links