Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i went to BWW last night and I learned that they ban guns on their property. I was talking with a friend and she ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings

Well i went to BWW last night and I learned that they ban guns on their property. I was talking with a friend and she said that they had a sign out front although i didn't see it. I went with the concealed is concealed method until i left. On the way out i checked and sure enough there is a sign on the front door. It is not a legal sign based on the laws in Minnesota but now i am faced with a decision. I prefer not to support any businesses that post banning guns, but our car club meets there every monday and that won't change plus i love my BWW food. What would you guys do knowing the sign is not legal but should anyone find out i am carrying inside i can imagine police would be called?
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    Well i went to BWW last night and I learned that they ban guns on their property. I was talking with a friend and she said that they had a sign out front although i didn't see it. I went with the concealed is concealed method until i left. On the way out i checked and sure enough there is a sign on the front door. It is not a legal sign based on the laws in Minnesota but now i am faced with a decision. I prefer not to support any businesses that post banning guns, but our car club meets there every monday and that won't change plus i love my BWW food. What would you guys do knowing the sign is not legal but should anyone find out i am carrying inside i can imagine police would be called?
    Moot point in Ohio. They're statutorily barred by virtue of serving liquor by the drink.

The way the law was explained to me by my instructor, carrying on posted property is not unlawful. If you dont see the sign because you are looking at the scenery, you are not in any violation of the law. It is not a firearms law, it is a treaspassing law. If you are caught in the act and asked to leave, and you do so willingly, no law is broken. If you are asked to leave and refuse, then the trespass law is broken. You could then be charged with trespassing... if you refuse to leave or remove your weapon.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

AzB
    The signs aren't legal here in Georgia either. But I prefer to respect the rights of the property owner and take my money where I'm welcome.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Moot point in Ohio. They're statutorily barred by virtue of serving liquor by the drink.
    Then what is the point of answering?

To the OP, I would ignore the sign if it was legal to ignore the sign. Per forum rules, I would not advocate ignoring a sign if it were illegal to do so.

As far as supporting anti-gun buisnesses, that is a hard one. Complaining to the local manager would be pointless as the policy likely came from somewhere else. Find out who made the decision, then complain at them, in force, with lots of other in support if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    The signs aren't legal here in Georgia either. But I prefer to respect the rights of the property owner and take my money where I'm welcome.
    And what do you do if eventually you are welcome nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Then what is the point of answering?

To the OP, I would ignore the sign if it was legal to ignore the sign. Per forum rules, I would not advocate ignoring a sign if it were illegal to do so.

As far as supporting anti-gun buisnesses, that is a hard one. Complaining to the local manager would be pointless as the policy likely came from somewhere else. Find out who made the decision, then complain at them, in force, with lots of other in support if possible.
    While it is legal to post a business their are requirements the sign must meet. Namely things like size and the sign has to be bold lettering against a contrasting background. In the case of this particualr sign it was just thin white vynil lettering on a clear window which i would think does not meet the requirements. It is also posted on the door itself. Another member of our group opened the door as i walked in which made the sign entirely unnoticable.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Then I would ignore it. And complain to whomever owns/corporate offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    The way the law was explained to me by my instructor, carrying on posted property is not unlawful. If you dont see the sign because you are looking at the scenery, you are not in any violation of the law. It is not a firearms law, it is a treaspassing law. If you are caught in the act and asked to leave, and you do so willingly, no law is broken. If you are asked to leave and refuse, then the trespass law is broken. You could then be charged with trespassing... if you refuse to leave or remove your weapon.
    Ice Man
    This is about the same as how the Va. State Police in Richmond explained it to me.

After calling the 800 number, I was told " with the exception of alcohol, a No Guns Sign has the same value as the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service sign".

If I was misinformed, please let me know.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Moot point here....I find their food horrid.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Ice Man
    This is about the same as how the Va. State Police in Richmond explained it to me.

After calling the 800 number, I was told " with the exception of alcohol, a No Guns Sign has the same value as the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service sign".

If I was misinformed, please let me know.
    I suggest you go in barefoot, no shirt, and carrying 500 S&W Mag on your hip. LOL

Same here in CO so most places don't even bother putting signs up. I don't think I've ever seen a no firearms sign at a BWW.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    And what do you do if eventually you are welcome nowhere?
    Not sure if I understand the point of your question. If I don't spend my money where I'm not welcome, that somehow means I'll be banned everywhere?

I prefer to respect the rights of the property owner, and spend my money where I'm welcome. Seems to me that helps keep businesses that welcome or at least tolerate my choices in business, insuring that I'll be welcome longer.

At least theoretically.
    Az

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    I suggest you go in barefoot, no shirt, and carrying 500 S&W Mag on your hip. LOL
    That could be fun!

I always wanted to find a place with that "no shirt, no shoes" sign and go in wearing shoes and shirt but no pants.
    Az

There are plenty of places to eat!

I noticed the same to the side of the door here in Dallas, TX. It doesn't meet the TX state law for wording or visibility.

I chose to take my business elsewhere anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links