Which tuckable iwb holster conceals best

This is a discussion on Which tuckable iwb holster conceals best within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im getting a tuckable iwb holster for the fullsize SW M&P 40 soon and i was curious as to if anyone knew which one of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which tuckable iwb holster conceals best

Which tuckable iwb holster conceals best

Im getting a tuckable iwb holster for the fullsize SW M&P 40 soon and i was curious as to if anyone knew which one of these holsters has the deepest concealment with your shirt TUCKED IN

edit: ive worn the mtac and a supertuck and i wore both at around 4:00

Comp-Tac MTAC

CrossBreed Supertuck

Tucker Gun Leather Answer

2. Remove Ads

Every response you get will be the pure opinion of the poster.
    I have an MTAC and really like it, that being said I can't speak on the other two.
    I prob wouldnt go with the The Answer though for two simple reasons....you can get either a Crossbreed or an MTAC for much less and with a quicker turn around time. Took about 2 1/2 weeks for my MTAC to show up(with an extra day off for a holiday too).
    Now, here is my real advise.
    Do what you want!
    Research em all, go to thier web sites daily and look at em all untill you decide which one will make you the happiest.
    Also, I just don't see payin 125.00 for somethin no one is ever going to see, especially when it is basically the same product as the other two.

MedicMan218 is correct.

Solicit opinions, decide on your own. Choosing a holster IMO is like choosing a spouse. Sure, you can ask her friends what she's like, but at the end of the day you'd better do your own field-work before popping the question because she's gonna be hanging on you for a long time to come :)

Peace.

- Savage

I've had a crossbreed suptertuck for my Springfield XD sub-compact .40 for about 2-3 weeks now and I like it. My only complaint with it is.....(and I think this is a product of a larger gun.....(larger than a Ruger LCP or something like that)) is that there is a little buldge right at the waist band where ever the holster is. Now again, I've only had it for about 2-3 weeks so I am still kind of playing with positions and adjustments to see what works best for me. I'm not sure yet (will be trying this afternoon) if moving the gun position upwards (as in towards my head up) will help eliminate some of that buldge or what, but I'm going to try that when I get home this afternoon.

Other than that, the holster is extremely comfortable. I've worn mine with a fully stocked XD .40 sub-compact for 2-3 weeks all day long and it hasn't gotten uncomfortable yet.

Hope this helps.

As others have said, you will get a lot of opinions. However, I am not sure there is a whole lot of difference in how they conceal, except when it comes to the clips. The standard Cross Breed clips are embossed and stand out more. Shorter clips, especially if behind the belt will show less. I use the MTAC with velcro clips with a regular belt - it works fine for me. The Answer appears to be slightly thicker, both with the kydex lining, and the backing. This would make it less concealable, I would think. Don't think it would really be noticeable, but who knows.

I like the MTAC better because it is more finished and the adjustments are on the clips, and do not require you to punch the leather each time to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by TVille View Post
    I like the MTAC better because it is more finished and the adjustments are on the clips, and do not require you to punch the leather each time to adjust it.
    someone correct me if I'm wrong but there is no need to "punch the leather" with holes on a crossbreed, Im pretty sure they have 5 holes in the leather already.
    Whereas the MTAC only has one hole in the leather and five on the clip the cross breed has five holes on the leather and one on the clip.

I have a Comp-TAC spartan for a Walther, and a SuperTuck for a full size M&P .40 (am carrying the latter today).

I much prefer the SuperTuck design, as the Kydex is formed deeply into the trigger guard, and gives much stronger retention as a result.

Also, the large size of the leather backing helps distribute the weight of the full sized pistol.

rolltide - I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur and use it as my EDC for a full size S&W M&P .45. It provides for a highly concealable and very comfortable carry if you have the right belt. There are many belt mfgr's and I would recommend that your belt is either specifically designed for gun carry, or is at least 1.25 to 1.5 inches wide and extremely stiff.

The Crossbreed Supertuck is also a very good holster with a large leather backing to help on those hot summer days.

Good luck
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Th
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicMan218 View Post
    someone correct me if I'm wrong but there is no need to "punch the leather" with holes on a crossbreed, Im pretty sure they have 5 holes in the leather already.
    Whereas the MTAC only has one hole in the leather and five on the clip the cross breed has five holes on the leather and one on the clip.
    The Crossbreed has nuts with prongs that are "punched" into the leather to hold them from rotating. Holes for the screw are already there. The CompTac has the holes in the clips. I have seen others complain about this as it leaves th tiny holes everytime you adjust the height or can't. Just two ways to get a similar result.

Only tuckable that has ever worked for me is the K&D. K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories It all depends on your build, personal preferences and sensibilities. Crossbreeds are good, but the only one I've tried didn't work for me. I also gave the Rosen Workman a brief spin, and despite its superior workmanship, it rode way too low for my short-coupled frame. Never have tried the Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOfMass View Post
    rolltide - I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur and use it as my EDC for a full size S&W M&P .45. It provides for a highly concealable and very comfortable carry if you have the right belt. There are many belt mfgr's and I would recommend that your belt is either specifically designed for gun carry, or is at least 1.25 to 1.5 inches wide and extremely stiff.

The Crossbreed Supertuck is also a very good holster with a large leather backing to help on those hot summer days.

Good luck
    Everyone has a different body type so what works well for one won't necessarily work for the other.
    All the above posts suggests good holsters but ya never know till ya try'm.
    Good luck on your search.
    Doug
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

What about the KHolster? You didn't mention it even though it is of similar design.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Local craftsman

I've had my eye on a crossbreed for a while, but at the Mesquite gun show this past weekend there was a local vendor that makes an all leather, tuckable IWB that sold for 45.00. I got one for my 1911's and tried it out. I loved it! After breaking it in as he suggested, I wore it all day and it was the most comfortable holster I've ever used. It's long enough to IWB a full size 1911, but will also work with my compact. Pistol stays close to the body and conceals easily. I'm looking for his card so I can post his name. I'll follow up when I remember what I did with his card
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

i cant speak of the other two, but my supertuck does a fantastic job
    -Jim

Seeings how they are all pretty much the same style of holster I would imagine all three would tuck/conceal as well as the next one. All are adjustable so you can fine tune it. I have the MTAC (got it last Saturday) and yesterday I wore a polo shirt to work tucked with my M&P 40 compact and it wasn't even noticeable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links