Traveling to GA

Traveling to GA

This is a discussion on Traveling to GA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This weekend I am going to visit a friend in Georgia. I want to take my weapon but I do not have my CCP from ...

Thread: Traveling to GA

Traveling to GA

This weekend I am going to visit a friend in Georgia. I want to take my weapon but I do not have my CCP from my home state IND yet. I am expecting it andy day. It appears traveling through KY and TN one must not have weapon loaded but once in GA one may reload weapon. Question is would you take your weapon on this trip or wait till you got your CCP? YOu just never know especially while on the road.. Thank in advance.

re

i would absolutley take it ....just make sure you are up to speed on the laws in the state you are traveling through - i take mine on all my road trips but i make sure if the state doesn't honor a florida permit i know how to proceed in that area - never had a problem
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

you are technically ineligible for a GFL so you cant really carry in the car unless open and with current case law thats pretty much impossible...but i doubt anyone would say anything if its in your glove box
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

You can get up to speed here:

Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org

Have fun, stay vigilant!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

As a Georgian, if you will be on I-75 in Lowndes county, I can tell you that if you speed, you will be pulled over. The deputy will most likely ask to look in your vehicle.

A LOT of drugs pass by on I-75. The deputies only catch a small percentage: the ones stupid enough to speed while transporting drugs. If stopped, immediately tell the deputy where the gun is in your car. Keep your hands on the wheel and don't move your hand to point at it.

I've seen this while doing a ride-along and from talks with the sherrif. They also love the seized cash and vehicles, etc. They have a big screen TV, in their training room - courtesy of someone with drugs in their home!

Quote Originally Posted by owsi View Post
    As a Georgian, if you will be on I-75 in Lowndes county, I can tell you that if you speed, you will be pulled over. The deputy will most likely ask to look in your vehicle.

A LOT of drugs pass by on I-75. The deputies only catch a small percentage: the ones stupid enough to speed while transporting drugs. If stopped, immediately tell the deputy where the gun is in your car. Keep your hands on the wheel and don't move your hand to point at it.

I've seen this while doing a ride-along and from talks with the sherrif. They also love the seized cash and vehicles, etc. They have a big screen TV, in their training room - courtesy of someone with drugs in their home!

i say dont say anything it cant help you any.....esp since its a grey area he will be carrying in

also if your not driving your personal car you cant even carry openly...
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Sponsored Links