Excellent Video

This is a discussion on Excellent Video within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Came across this video clip...thought some would be interested: Murder witness turns Second Amendment advocate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Video

Excellent Video

Came across this video clip...thought some would be interested:

Murder witness turns Second Amendment advocate

2. Remove Ads

Sad story. It's too bad that she wasn't legally able to defend herself in her time of need.

Thanks for the link. . . I have been following Nikki Goeser's story almost since day one, because her story parallels so closely with Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp's horrifying experience in a Luby's restaurant in Texas. Her experience motivated her to become a Texas state legislator where she worked to change Texas state law.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

You can't really express the issue any better than these two ladies have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Foster View Post
    Came across this video clip...thought some would be interested:

Murder witness turns Second Amendment advocate
    That's very sad, and makes you think: I don't mean to sound prudish but one of the most high-risk things you can do is go to a bar or other establishment that serves liquor. Stay away from such places and your chances of not being a murder victim soar.

Still and all, I think to have any place that's designated a gun-free zone is pure idiocy, liquor or not.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Sad story, but she's a great and compelling advocate for unrestricted concealed carry!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Great video interview. Thanks for the link.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

She expresses herself very well...what a sad circumstance to have been in...

What happened to her husband's killer? (Still in jail, convicted?)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Sad story, but a great point is being made! Good for her and those like her....let's hope that someone else does NOT have to lose a loved one because of a law like that.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksabre View Post
    That's very sad, and makes you think: I don't mean to sound prudish but one of the most high-risk things you can do is go to a bar or other establishment that serves liquor. Stay away from such places and your chances of not being a murder victim soar.

Still and all, I think to have any place that's designated a gun-free zone is pure idiocy, liquor or not.
    What exactly is the point of having a CWPif you don't leave your house?

??? he didn't say don't leave your house. He said don't go places where people get drunk and rowdy and lose their inhibitions. Accidents happen and tempers flare all too easily.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I fail to see how going to a restaurant where alcohol is served has anything to do with a stalker who kills your husband.

MN doesn't have these silly restrictions, but it does have a law saying you can't carry at 0.04%. That means you could have one beer (I don't when carrying) and still be legal. Amazingly enough, no issues with this.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

GM
    Such a horrible story. I wish her all luck.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

First, I'm sorry for anyone who loses a loved one, especially under such circumstances. We had a similar situation here in Illinois several years ago.

I would like to make a point about the banning of guns completely. Certainly in an ideal society where there is no crime or criminals that is a lovely concept, but, like the lady said, in the real world only criminals would have guns. However, the more important reason, which we in the United States overlook because we do feel some safety from our government, is that we need guns to protect us from not only criminals but also our government. The framers of the Constitution was as much afraid of government as they were of indians (excuse the terminology native Americans but it was true at the time.), and criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Sad story, but she's a great and compelling advocate for unrestricted concealed carry!

I did not know she was opposed to open carry. I thought she was a 2A supporter, ie the unrestricted right to bear arms
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links