Spreadsheet of OC/CC for States I Visit

This is a discussion on Spreadsheet of OC/CC for States I Visit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm creating a spreadsheet of OC/CC info for the states that I most frequently visit or travel through. Based on my research, I think it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet of OC/CC for States I Visit

Spreadsheet of OC/CC for States I Visit

I'm creating a spreadsheet of OC/CC info for the states that I most frequently visit or travel through. Based on my research, I think it's pretty accurate.

What do you think? I'm only covering the few states that I may travel through or visit frequently, and/or I have a permit for. I'm also only covering specific area's of interest that I am more worried about while traveling through those states. I'm not worried about schools, government buildings, i.e, technicalities. Just everyday travel through the state, stopping to eat, shop, go to a park, etc.

My permits are for VA and NH (non resident).

Let me know what you think, or if I have something incorrect.
    Y/wp means Yes with permit.
    Attached Images
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a great chart... maybe we can all states to it and add it as a sticky.... to be updated... Bunker

Nicely done - and very useful, too.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

WTB all 50 states list!

Don't make me waste my weekend doing this!

GM
    Well done!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Good, but you've got to get to NH somehow, and that means driving or flying and if you fly you may be diverted, in which case I'd want those states that I could equally as easily end up in within easy access (if you've got a smart phone a more detailed chart could be stored while keeping this one wallet size for quick and easy reference). And make sure you keep it updated.

I like the idea though

For NC our National Forests are also Gamelands and have some odd firearm restrictions through the NCWRC. Most of the year you can not legally carry a defensive caliber pistol CC or OC. Stupid yes, but it's the law for now. If you need more info I can get it for you.

YOu might want to cross reference you info with the maps on OCDO for the OC part if you have not yet. I like the simplicity and one stop shopping of yours.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    Good, but you've got to get to NH somehow, and that means driving or flying and if you fly you may be diverted, in which case I'd want those states that I could equally as easily end up in within easy access (if you've got a smart phone a more detailed chart could be stored while keeping this one wallet size for quick and easy reference). And make sure you keep it updated.

I like the idea though
    I don't plan on ever heading up to NH. I got the NH permit because they have reciprocity with GA. My family live in GA and I go to visit a couple times a year.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    For NC our National Forests are also Gamelands and have some odd firearm restrictions through the NCWRC. Most of the year you can not legally carry a defensive caliber pistol CC or OC. Stupid yes, but it's the law for now. If you need more info I can get it for you.

YOu might want to cross reference you info with the maps on OCDO for the OC part if you have not yet. I like the simplicity and one stop shopping of yours.
    Thanks for the info. National Forests still as it says, follow state laws concerning carry right? So you're saying that NC doesn't have preemption? I know parts of NC has laws going back before preemption and therefore parts can prohibit carry, but I don't think my travels take me through those areas.

I run down I-26 through Asheville, Hendersonville, down into SC usually only stopping for gas or restroom stop. I may one day pop down to chimney rock or biltmore estates, but will do my research before going.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Nice way to reference for a personal use...you could also add this to your packet... http://www.gunlaws.com/travel.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Easy to read, well versed in my state law, and colored coded!!! Nice! For me this is better then most map type info charts.

I'm glad everyone is liking the format. That's why I did it. Because as Mikhail said, "...better then most map type info charts."

I wanted something with just the states that I travel through seldom, and just the areas that affect me during a trip.

I'm not so concerned with schools, because I'm usually passing through and not stopping "at" the school for any function of any sort whatsoever, etc.

If anyone notices that I have any information incorrect please let me know. I checked...Handgunlaw.us and opencarry.org, usacarry.com, and the NRA website for the information I have on it, so I'm pretty sure it is accurate, especially since I hold permits that cover me in all of the states on the chart.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Thanks for the info. National Forests still as it says, follow state laws concerning carry right? So you're saying that NC doesn't have preemption? I know parts of NC has laws going back before preemption and therefore parts can prohibit carry, but I don't think my travels take me through those areas.

I run down I-26 through Asheville, Hendersonville, down into SC usually only stopping for gas or restroom stop. I may one day pop down to chimney rock or biltmore estates, but will do my research before going.
    It would only effect you if you are actually hiking on gamelands. If you are driving around, then it's a non issue. From the NCWRC website.

"- 22-caliber pistols with barrels, not greater than 7.5 inches in
    length and shooting only short, long or long rifle ammunition, may be carried as side arms on game lands at any time, except by hunters during the special bow-and-arrow and muzzle- loading firearms deer hunting season."

So state CC laws apply but you can only CC a .22 that meets the above restrictions. However, during a regular game animal hunting season you can carry any caliber firearm, long gun or handgun. It's crazy, I know. No city, county, or municipality can restrict CC more than the state allows. The CC uniformity statutes addressed that. We have a couple areas (Cary and Chapel Hill) that have restriction on OC. Cary prohibits OC on sidewalks and roadways or other city owned property. Chapel Hill does not allow OC of a handgun smaller than 6".

If you need statutes let me know. I can track them down.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Millerb7 View Post
    WTB all 50 states list!

Don't make me waste my weekend doing this!
    You asked for it. I'm working on one for all 50.
    Format will be a little different, and it is taking me a while, but I'm working on it. When I get it done I will post an image of it.
    If the moderators are interested in the file I'll be willing to send it to them.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

re

thanks for stepping up TK

i'm sure many will find current info very usefull
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links