PA for KS'n for MO

PA for KS'n for MO

This is a discussion on PA for KS'n for MO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent off for PA permit on Tuesday so I can carry in MO even though I live in KS. Funny how that works out. ...

Thread: PA for KS'n for MO

PA for KS'n for MO

I sent off for PA permit on Tuesday so I can carry in MO even though I live in KS. Funny how that works out. I will let everyone know when it gets here. I hope to have it by this weekend.

I am really waiting to see if KS will honor PA. If KS does honor PA, could I conceal in KS until Jan-2007 when KS starts to issue permits ??
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I doubt that Kansas will honor anyones permits prior to issuing their own which is Jan 07 I believe.

Pennsylvania Law

Pennsylvania State Law requires that you have a home state license before they will issue one to you if your state issues a license. It will be interesting to see how they handle this one since your state has a law in place; but, they are not actually issueing a license yet. Please post their response.

You won't be able to CCW legally in Kansas until after 1-1-07. Period.

After that I imagine there will be reciprocity between Kansas and most other states ... their requirements are pretty much in line with other states and if I understand it correctly, any state with the same level of requirements as Kansas will be automatically reciprocal.

VIP Member
    I would have gone with Utah, which I did. Kansas surely will not honor an out of state permit before issuing their own. I know in Missouri there were a couple of counties that were refusing to issue, so a lot of folks n those counties were getting Florida and Utah permits until those counties were forced to issue last year.

-Scott-

Others' experience with PA issuance is, once your home state actually begins licensing, you will need a KS permit to get PA. Until the date KS begins issuing, PA will likely issue their (full term) permit to you.

In other words, PA will likely issue to you, enabling you to CCW in MO. However, your PA permit won't be good in KS until at least 1/1/07.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    According to Packing.org, Kansas does not recognize any other state's CCW at this time. That may change after Kansas starts issuing it's own. Myself, I did get the Utah and Florida CCWs in addition to my home state of Nevada, in order to carry in around 30 some states. It makes things easier when travelling. I hope that Kansas will honor the others as well when they start issuing their own.

If I read the Kansas law correctly, it is already written in that they will not honor out of state permits held by Kansas residents. In other words Kansas residents must carry a Kansas Permit.
    http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2006/418.pdf

I have called PA Centre County and they said that they would issue to me for me to carry in MO. I figured KS would not honor PA, since PA does not require a safety class, was nice to dream though.

PA did say that when I renew in 5 years, that I would have to provide my KS permit.

I do agree that PA probably was not the overall best choice, however to just carry in MO for $26.00 was worth it. When I get my KS permit I will apply for others, maybe. Thing is, I don't have funds to travel anywhere but MO and my company pays for that most of the time, so PA works great and cheap.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

I got my PA permit just after the CCW law got halted in courts here. Of course my situation was different. I was 21 and couldn't get a Mo permit till I was 23. I got the PA permit since there is no age limit on out of state permits in MO. I have used it every since. Once it expires I'll have to either get a MO permit and renew my PA or look into getting another out of state permit.

Getting a PA permit ment sending a copy of my DL, a check for $20, and completed application. In just a couple weeks and a brand new sparkly CCW license. :)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Sponsored Links