That was fast!

This is a discussion on That was fast! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by varob Wow, I've never heard of one issued in a week. I got mine in a week. The city sheriff printed me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That was fast!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of one issued in a week.
    I got mine in a week. The city sheriff printed me electronically and sent them off before I walked out the door. My wife went to a county sheriff office, hers took over 30 days. Missouri has a maximum of 45 days to issue or deny. Not all states have this mandate or it might be a longer period of time.

I'm told the biggest reason for delays is with unreadable wet prints that can cause a delay or are rejected. I can't say that I have ever heard of anyone having to get reprinted though.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

That is super fast!! Congrats! In 2008, Oklahoma, it took me like 52 calendar days (includes holidays & weekends)...not to bad since some were/are up to 60-80 days.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Congrats. Mine took 9 days in a county that is known to drag its feet. Enjoy your new permit and be safe.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Excellent!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

alabama is great take $15 to the county sheriff after a background check you walk out in about 10 minutes with your CC

In South Dakota you get a temporary permit (a sheet of paper) within five business days and the laminated one within two weeks. Not bad, but it looks like Ohio (and Alabama) are really on the ball.

Mine took 10 days; I got it in the mail yesterday.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    That was lighting fast!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Thanks for all the congradulations.

Sorry guys for the late respone, I've been fishing for the last three days. And aside from the good fishing, sadly the past three days have just made me much more confident in my decision to carry concealed. (a few stories for some other time)

The lady at the sheriffs office speculated that it would only take a couple of days because 1. my age 26 and 2. I've only lived in a few residences, being my parents and my college residences, since I was 18 years of age. My dad and I took the ohio 12 hour course on sat, and we both applied on the same day and he is still waiting but he had two pages of residences since he was 18 in several different states.

Anyways be safe out there and thanks for welcoming me to the carry community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links