Driving While CC

Driving While CC

This is a discussion on Driving While CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK Never Gave it much thought till one day I was driving while CCing. I was thinking what if I was getting car jacked what ...

Thread: Driving While CC

Driving While CC

OK Never Gave it much thought till one day I was driving while CCing. I was thinking what if I was getting car jacked what would I do. I went threw different scenarios in my mind of the things I could do. Then I put my hand on my gun and it hit me my shirt was covering it when I pulled on my shirt it was difficult to pull it up with me sitting on it and my seat belt holding it down. So now every time I drive I pull my shirt over my gun. Just putting out there just in case someone else hasn't thought about that.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

I do that as well, but have found I sometimes neglect to pull it back over when stopping for gas. Just this week, I was making a 275-mile trip with the wife and pulled over for gas. As I was unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out, my wife goes, "Hey, your gun!"

My shirt was hiked up over the grip.

I do the same thing every time I get in the car.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    There are a number of training videos (from the pro's) that can be found on YouTube that show better ways of carrying while driving.

Locking the seat belt over the gun is the last thing you want to do.

That being said, wearing a seat belt is the law everywhere so that means keeping the gun somewhere else for quick retrieval.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

When I get out of my car I check my gear and readjust. I still find myself pulling on my shirt at a light cause I forgot to pull it over when I got in.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

My seat belt buckles are at 3 o'clock, gun at about 4 o'clock. As long as I check that my shirt is clear I in good shape.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

re

i pretty much do the same thing - just check the access before i drive off - its routine now
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

On one of my trips from Kabul back to Bagram we had a Marine driving. He placed his M9, decocked but loaded, under his leg and the M4 was against the door. Just saying . . .

My first rule is to stay out of bad areas, but if I can't avoid it, then I place my pistol in the center console and hope my SA gives me a lead that trouble is coming. With my console, the muzzle of the pistol points down and the grip leans against the side so it's an easy removal. That's if I've been paying attention and withdraw the pistol before something happens.

When I travel to South Florida, I usually have my snubnose .38 on me while my primary is in the console. What happens in S. Florida is someone will usually smash your window with the butt of their gun and then the gun is pointed at you. Not much you can do at that point, but comply. If given the chance, I'd draw the snub.

If I'm just out and about in decent areas, my pistol stays in its carrier and on me.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    On one of my trips from Kabul back to Bagram we had a Marine driving. He placed his M9, decocked but loaded, under his leg and the M4 was against the door. Just saying . . .

My first rule is to stay out of bad areas, but if I can't avoid it, then I place my pistol in the center console and hope my SA gives me a lead that trouble is coming. With my console, the muzzle of the pistol points down and the grip leans against the side so it's an easy removal. That's if I've been paying attention and withdraw the pistol before something happens.

When I travel to South Florida, I usually have my snubnose .38 on me while my primary is in the console. What happens in S. Florida is someone will usually smash your window with the butt of their gun and then the gun is pointed at you. Not much you can do at that point, but comply. If given the chance, I'd draw the snub.

If I'm just out and about in decent areas, my pistol stays in its carrier and on me.
    The bold portion sound like good advice for driving in Detroit, Orlando, or Jax.

But I agree with this routine...
    My EDC is on me and situated for retrieval. If going to an area of questionable characters, I still keep my EDC on my person and I will put another Glock, Kimber or .38 revolver in a holster between the seat and console. I especially to this when driving in a convertible.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also place a second pistol in the center console. It rest upside down with the muzzle pointing toward the front of the car. If I ever need to draw it I just have the reach in and pull it out in one motion it will be pointing toward the BG without sweeping my passenger or myself.

There is no way I would be able to draw from the smart carry while sitting in the car.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post

I do this often when leaving work, or if there is a traffic situation out of the norm, which could potentially set me up for a JACKING

If the folks at the psychic hotlines were really psychic, wouldn't they call you first?
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I'm not confident i could quickly get to my weapon if it were on my hip. I'm stronlgy considering picking up a Hipoint just to throw in my center console. Doesn't cost much, won't set me back if its stolen.

Sponsored Links