Iowa is soon shall issue!!!

This is a discussion on Iowa is soon shall issue!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awesome! Best news I've heard all day....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iowa is soon shall issue!!!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Awesome! Best news I've heard all day.

2. Remove Ads

Grew up in Iowa and still have family there. Glad I don't have to remove my gun 5 miles from my parents now.

Grew up in Iowa Myself. Glad to hear they could make it into the light.

Great news! Omaha borders Iowa and soon on forays across the border I won't have to disarm anymore.

where does IA stand as far as open carry? I looked through handgunlaw but I didn't see anything.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    where does IA stand as far as open carry? I looked through handgunlaw but I didn't see anything.
    The IA statutes are silent on OC making it legal by default. However, up until this point, sheriffs have been known to revoke permits of those "charged" with OC.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    Jan 2011, and they will recognize ALL!!
    That's good news.. I felt so naked when I had to put my gun up in a case and lock in back while I was up there in February.

Congrats to Iowa! Way to go!

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congrats Iowa! It's about time.

I called his office a week or so ago when they were getting bombarded with calls, and let them know as a next door neighbor, (Missouri) I avoid travel to Iowa for vacations or to visit relatives because I am not allowed to protect myself in their State. The woman made the mistake of saying I could call 911 like most other people do.

I explained that as resident of another State, as a visitor I would be a person who would be constantly in an unfamiliar area and I would very likely not be able to adequately explain my exact location if I ever needed to call 911 on my cell phone.

I told them I see no reason why I should spend my vacation dollars in their State or even visit relatives when I can vacation in another State where I am allowed to protect myself.

She was polite but I don't think she expected my response. She said she would pass my concerns on to the Governor.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    The IA statutes are silent on OC making it legal by default. However, up until this point, sheriffs have been known to revoke permits of those "charged" with OC.
    Not exactly.

You can open carry on your own property, but not within a municipality or XXX feet of a building.

It's been a couple years since I read the statute myself, but that was pretty firm, verified by a pro-2A lawyer.

Wow. Breathe in that air, Iowanians... it's a lot freer now.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Not exactly.

You can open carry on your own property, but not within a municipality or XXX feet of a building.

It's been a couple years since I read the statute myself, but that was pretty firm, verified by a pro-2A lawyer.
    You can OC within a city if you have a permit...

724.4 Carrying weapons.

1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person who goes armed with a dangerous weapon concealed on or about the person, or who, within the limits of any city, goes armed with a pistol or revolver, or any loaded firearm of any kind, whether concealed or not, or who knowingly carries or transports in a vehicle a pistol or revolver, commits an aggravated misdemeanor.

....{snip nonrelevant exceptions}

i. A person who has in the person's possession and who displays to a peace officer on demand a valid permit to carry weapons which has been issued to the person, and whose conduct is within the limits of that permit. A person shall not be convicted of a violation of this section if the person produces at the person's trial a permit to carry weapons which was valid at the time of the alleged offense and which would have brought the person's conduct within this exception if the permit had been produced at the time of the alleged offense.

Now if we could only get the Daly gang out of control in Illinois and get some sensible laws passed here. It doesn't look promising. But, I never thought Massachusetts would elect a Republican.

I grew up in Iowa. I live in Wisconsin. I have my CC Permit for Utah and Florida. At least now I can feel safe going back home to visit the family, even though I can't legally CC in my HOME state. Fortunately, Jim Doyle, the dictator of WI, is stepping down, and the tide of change may roll through and break us from the notorious bond with Illinois. Please LOBBY FOR WISCONSIN!

JD
    Administrator
    Been out of the loop for a couple days, feels great to hear the news that Culver is going to sign.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links