score one for the good guys

This is a discussion on score one for the good guys within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No charge in shooting - Omaha.com the first vid is informative, but the second is pointless the fact that this guy was not charged surprises ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: score one for the good guys

No charge in shooting - Omaha.com

the first vid is informative, but the second is pointless

the fact that this guy was not charged surprises me because it seemes that omaha is in general anti gun, not to mention concealed carry. i hope this leads to more open minded legislation on the subject.
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sic Nos Sic Sacra Tuemur- family motto, translation: Thus We Guard Our Sacred Rights

He's not 'out of the woods' just yet......he still has a charge for carrying a concealed weapon.
    What a bunch of 'toro feces'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

true, they did give him a ticket, but i don't think they are going to pursue it too much
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sic Nos Sic Sacra Tuemur- family motto, translation: Thus We Guard Our Sacred Rights

re

a reminder about taking the law into your own hands from the judge a slap on the wrist just to be politically correct and let him go - he's a hero to me
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Nebraska open/conceal/confusing

Lets see . . . you have to pay for TWO permits to exercise 2nd amendment rights in Nebraska. So . . . IF the gun barrel in INSIDE your pants and the butt is exposed ABOVE the the waistline in plain view. WHICH permit do you need?^$*%^

How F-ing Stupid is that???? I'd be voting me some lawmakers out of office!!!!!
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hipthunder View Post
    a reminder about taking the law into your own hands from the judge a slap on the wrist just to be politically correct and let him go - he's a hero to me
    ^^^^^By the ^^sounds ^^of it , ^^he's the DA's hero ^^also^^

If something "goes without saying," why do people still say it?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

He could have saved a few lives in the process. If the gun is in his waistband, it's partially open carry, at least the top half.

The bad part, if he's convicted of the charge, his permit is probably history. Next time he'll just have to watch as the BG's possibly kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by proscene View Post
    Lets see . . . you have to pay for TWO permits to exercise 2nd amendment rights in Nebraska. So . . . IF the gun barrel in INSIDE your pants and the butt is exposed ABOVE the the waistline in plain view. WHICH permit do you need?^$*%^

How F-ing Stupid is that???? I'd be voting me some lawmakers out of office!!!!!
    ... welcome to nebraska. don't even get me started on some of our laws, for awhile the city of omaha was in direct violation of a state law regarding registering handguns, but its getting better

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    He's not 'out of the woods' just yet......he still has a charge for carrying a concealed weapon.
    What a bunch of 'toro feces'...
    And don't overlook the possibility of a civil suit.

The other thing I was questioning is, why is the 17 year old, charged with a GUN FELONY placed in a "youth detention center"? If he wants to act like a felony, put him in the cell with the rest of the felonys. That way he will be all broken in by the time he gets sentenced to prison. At 17 I'm sure they are going to try him as an adult, so why not start treating him like the full grown scum he is?

As I said before I would still think the concealed carry charge against the good guy should be dropped, if he had the gun in his waistband of his pants and was able to draw it, without getting busted as a pervert, then some of the grip had to be showing, which makes him good to go with an open carry permit. I don't see where it matters if it's in a holster, or your pants, visible is visible.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    As I said before I would still think the concealed carry charge against the good guy should be dropped, if he had the gun in his waistband of his pants and was able to draw it, without getting busted as a pervert, then some of the grip had to be showing, which makes him good to go with an open carry permit. I don't see where it matters if it's in a holster, or your pants, visible is visible.
    i am thinking that his t shirt may have been pulled down over the grip

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Does Nebraska protect those folks like him from civil suits?

He did a great job and hopefully they won't mess with him.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I talked with the city prosecuter Marty Conboy this afternoon about it and he said he hasnt recieved any paperwork from the county yet on this case. I asked him not to prosecute. The person is getting alot of backing up from most of the pro gunners from around the country now that shot and killed the suspect that wasnt old enough to have a short shotgun and also was in a gang like the other 2 are. Now police are going to be watching for awhile,until something good comes out of this case,we wish the shooter the best of luck in his case. And also,the mother of the suspect forgave the shooter because,she said that he will have to live with killing of her son every day. The suspect had an unloaded short shotgun and nobody in the store knew if it was loaded or not. So now,criminals with guns are going to think about this if they will do it or not. Only their[bgs] future will decide this. richgp100z

Quote Originally Posted by richgp100z View Post
    ...And also,the mother of the suspect forgave the shooter because,she said that he will have to live with killing of her son every day'''
    I suspect that there will be a lawyer that will "Help her see the error in her ways." within the week.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member
    The Nebraska firearms owners group has already bought him a new gun, good for them!!!!!! I also heard the NFO group talking about the affirmative defense being used, it may turn out as good as it can under the circumstances.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links