Just got my Handgun Permit (CCP - TN)!

Just got my Handgun Permit (CCP - TN)!

This is a discussion on Just got my Handgun Permit (CCP - TN)! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just gotta post it, My Concealed Carry Permit came in today's mail! I was working in my shop on setting up my new gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Just got my Handgun Permit (CCP - TN)!

I just gotta post it, My Concealed Carry Permit came in today's mail! I was working in my shop on setting up my new gun safe when the mailman brought it! I'm going to be working on my Glock 33 tonight, gotta get my Trijicon night sights on it and get them zeroed at the range ASAP.

I am waiting on my SuperTuck Holster and belt from Crossbreed Holsters by Mark Craighead so that I can start carrying. Although, I may start carrying with a Pro Stealth holster in ballistic nylon I have ordered from DeSantis. I wanted to try it because it has an integrated Magazine "holster".

If I like the DeSantis, I may work on a Kydex or leather version of my own for IWB. If I do make one I'll post photos here! Shoot, Could be I'll start making holsters myself, who knows...

I am finally getting to actually join the folks on this forum carrying every day!

Mike

Keep your powder dry! Peace Out!

Congratulations. I go for my class Saturday. It should be interesting. I'm taking a brand new gun that has never been fired. However, I can rent a range gun if things look like they are going downhill.

(oh by the way, in TN it's just a handgun carry permit. You can legally carry open if you want)

Gene,

If you are going where I went her in Chattanooga, they have .22 range guns to rent for $10 including the ammo to qualify. That is much cheaper than doing it with say my .40 or 357 sig...

Mike

Now,... consider a defensive handgun course and ALWAYS carry!
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Congrats ! It is a great feeling opening the mail and getting your CC paperwork. Even better opening it up and see a nice package from Crossbreed !

Stay Safe !

Quote Originally Posted by mikeroesch View Post
    Gene,

If you are going where I went her in Chattanooga, they have .22 range guns to rent for $10 including the ammo to qualify. That is much cheaper than doing it with say my .40 or 357 sig...

Mike
    I'm going in Knoxville. The range rentals are only $5. I've got a .380 SIG. I figure if I have to fire 48 rds I might as well break in the new gun while I'm doing it. Supposedly SIGs are pretty reliable and shoot straight out of the box. I've got 300 rds of Winchester FMJ and 200 rds of Speer Gold Dot, so the ammo won't be a problem.

I know it has already been brought up but it bears repeating. In Tennessee, we do not have Concealed Carry Permits. What we have is named a Handgun Carry Permit. There is no legal requirement to conceal the gun. In fact, everywhere that it is legal to carry a gun you may legally carry it either openly or concealed.

Tennessee has a good set of gun carry laws and they will be even better when we correct the stupidity of the judge that struck down the Restaurant Carry law.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I know it has already been brought up but it bears repeating. In Tennessee, we do not have Concealed Carry Permits. What we have is named a Handgun Carry Permit. There is no legal requirement to conceal the gun. In fact, everywhere that it is legal to carry a gun you may legally carry it either openly or concealed.

Tennessee has a good set of gun carry laws and they will be even better when we correct the stupidity of the judge that struck down the Restaurant Carry law.
    Congrats again to the OP and Mike summed up what I was going to say!

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Congrats. on your permit
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

Congratulations on your permit.......Now get some training!!! Check out this site: Tactical Response

These folks are located in Camden, TN. I am an Alumni of their Fighting Pistol course. I HIGHLY recommend them.

If you want to check them out even further, join their forum at:
    LiveCloud ..... Scroll down the subforums and you can read AAR's (After Action Reports) from many of their Alumni under the subheading "Tactical Response Course Reviews.

Again, Congrats.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

GM
    Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats Mike and Gene. Now, prepare for that infamous Wally World Walk!
    Stay tuned as our law makers are making final votes next week on the right to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.
    Track it here: Tennessee Politics and Legislation - Tennessee Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Congrats Mike and Gene. Now, prepare for that infamous Wally World Walk!
    Stay tuned as our law makers are making final votes next week on the right to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.
    Track it here: Tennessee Politics and Legislation - Tennessee Gun Owners
    I've been watching the progress on that. Considering that Tennessee already has a zero tolerance law concerning alcohol consumption while in possession of a firearm, I can't see what the big deal on this is.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeroesch View Post
    I just gotta post it, My Concealed Carry Permit came in today's mail! I was working in my shop on setting up my new gun safe when the mailman brought it! I'm going to be working on my Glock 33 tonight, gotta get my Trijicon night sights on it and get them zeroed at the range ASAP.

I am waiting on my SuperTuck Holster and belt from Crossbreed Holsters by Mark Craighead so that I can start carrying. Although, I may start carrying with a Pro Stealth holster in ballistic nylon I have ordered from DeSantis. I wanted to try it because it has an integrated Magazine "holster".

If I like the DeSantis, I may work on a Kydex or leather version of my own for IWB. If I do make one I'll post photos here! Shoot, Could be I'll start making holsters myself, who knows...

I am finally getting to actually join the folks on this forum carrying every day!

Mike

Keep your powder dry! Peace Out!
    Congratulations! May you always carry it and never need to use it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Congratulations from beautiful downtown Cleveland, the garden spot of Ohio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links