How stupid

This is a discussion on How stupid within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just came across this and thought it was stupid. This poor guy didnt deserve what happened to him..I guess its a sign of the times ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How stupid

How stupid

Just came across this and thought it was stupid. This poor guy didnt deserve what happened to him..I guess its a sign of the times

He Had a Gun Permit. Why Was Man Arrested? || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Just came across this and thought it was stupid. This poor guy didnt deserve what happened to him..I guess its a sign of the times
    sadly, you are correct...

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I wonder if he's contacted an attorney yet?

Absurd. I'd be suing to get that criminal record expunged and probably some damages.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Let's see if the system actually works and they expunge this w/o a suit...

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Absurd. I'd be suing to get that criminal record expunged and probably some damages.
    I may be wrong but I don't think you have a criminal record unless you are actually convicted of something.

I don't think he should have been arrested in the first place, but that was a judgement call on the part of the police when they ran the permit and it came back expired.

VIP Member
    Ugh. What a load of hooey...

Over-regulation is just a variation of the Heisenberg principle (uncertainty principle: Definition from Answers.com), "It is impossible for our government to regulate something without screwing it up".

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkenoyer View Post
    And how do they make up the time he lost in a jail cell? The experience he went through? There's more to being arrested than just sitting and waiting.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkenoyer View Post
    don't hold your breath on that... you would die of suffocation way before that thought crossed their mind.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I may be wrong but I don't think you have a criminal record unless you are actually convicted of something.

I don't think he should have been arrested in the first place, but that was a judgement call on the part of the police when they ran the permit and it came back expired.
    "While an arrest will not necessarily lead to a criminal conviction, it may nonetheless in some jusrisdictions have serious ramifications such as absence from work, social stigma, and in some cases, the legal obligation to disclose an arrest when a person applies for a job, a loan or a professional license. In the US, a person who was not found guilty after an arrest can remove his arrest record through an expungement or Finding of Factual Innocence. A legal action is sometimes filed against the government for wrongful arrest." -Wikipedia (not the best source, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    "While an arrest will not necessarily lead to a criminal conviction, it may nonetheless in some jusrisdictions have serious ramifications such as absence from work, social stigma, and in some cases, the legal obligation to disclose an arrest when a person applies for a job, a loan or a professional license. In the US, a person who was not found guilty after an arrest can remove his arrest record through an expungement or Finding of Factual Innocence. A legal action is sometimes filed against the government for wrongful arrest." -Wikipedia (not the best source, I know)
    Thanks for the info. I've run across a few instances where an application asked if you had ever been arrested, but not many and none that I can think of in recent years. Most of the time, it's something like "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?"

I'd be ticked also! Gotta feel for the guy.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

GM
    Poor man, he really did not deserve what happened to him. I do not blame the LEO that arrested him, he just did his job, but I hope that Mr. Keathley contacts an attorney directly and sues the life out of them, and then get that criminal record expunged. Things like that shall not happen.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Well, jail time at about $100,000.00 per hour will make some of the hurt go away. Part of the law suit would be for the charge to be expunged. Throw in another $500,000.00 for pain and suffering, etc.

I think he'll come out on the winning end of this before it's over.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, jail time at about $100,000.00 per hour will make some of the hurt go away. Part of the law suit would be for the charge to be expunged. Throw in another $500,000.00 for pain and suffering, etc.

I think he'll come out on the winning end of this before it's over.
    Oh yeah!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links