WOW My Wife Shocked me

WOW My Wife Shocked me

This is a discussion on WOW My Wife Shocked me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Me and my family were out last weekend to see a movie; i asked her to see if i was printing. Her response shocked me ...

WOW My Wife Shocked me

Me and my family were out last weekend to see a movie; i asked her to see if i was printing. Her response shocked me she said she didnt care if I was printing or not she was just glad i was carrying. She said she feels so much more comfortable out and about knowing I have a gun with me.

WOW that really shocked me because when i started carrying she kind of thought it was stupid and childish.......not any more.

how life changes, she said she has become more aware of how much crime is around her now; and how little she paid attention to other people and potential danger.

She is adopting SA just being around me.

This was a good day.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

That's great news! I think that some people don't want to have to face the reality that bad things happen to good people. When they finally do they
    start to appreciate our point of view.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Thats great.

But did you ever find out if you were printing or not?
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Good news indeed!!!!!!

My wife got her CHL before me, and encouraged me to get mine.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Nothing beats a team where both are alert, except for a team where both are alert AND armed...
    Keep working on her...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like a "keeper"

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I always ask my GF "does this holster make me look fat?"

It does sound like you do have a keeper!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Now maybe you can talk her into getting her own carry permit. After having mine for almost 4 years my wife finally got hers. She used to go to the range with me and would not shoot but waited and watched me thru the window. Now I can hardly get her 642 away from her so I can shoot it. Have your wife ck out Cornered Cat and Women & Guns

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nothing beats a team where both are alert, except for a team where both are alert AND armed...
    Keep working on her...
    +1+
    Glock 23/Colt pre-70 Commander/Ruger LCP/S&W 60-9 & more

My wife is glad to know I carry regularly now. Was not always the case. Although I did get some grief for carrying to my Dr.'s visit a few weeks ago. I asked her the other week if she could tell I was carrying at church. Her reply was, "No, but I knew you were, you always have it." We're getting there. She is coming around to other parts of it as well. Though her SA has always been strong. She's like a Jedi mind reader on peoples character. Not sure how I slipped by that, must have been the cowboy hat.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Don't think for a minute that she hasn't spent a lot of time thinking about it since you started carrying.

I think once she knew you were going to be carrying a gun, she slowly started to see the world for what it is. A dangerous place. Now, whether she mentions it or not, she probably notices all the crime reports and stories in the news and in your area.

When you have no means of protecting yourself, it's easy to ignore the reality. You don't want to know the crime statistics. You don't want to know what's happening around you.

Once it's a given fact that you are going to have a gun with you all the time, it's easier to open your eyes and truly see the danger in the world. You now know what's going on around you and you feel more secure because now, for the first time, you have a means to protect yourself. Or your family, whichever the case may be.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Good for you, Im glad she came around.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

My wife got her permit a couple years ago and keeps a 38 in her purse and a 357 in her desk drawer all the time. (She runs an insurance office) Anyway even in a smaller city like Charleston WV we have the occasional woman disappearing with her car being found abandoned but the lady being found at some later date. Murdered of course. That plus all the other types of crimes which go on all the time.

No, it's not a nice world and everybody should arm themselves. Especially women.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Great that your wife approves! Sometimes just reading the current news often changes the way people feel about carrying a concealed handgun, with permit of course. She obviously sees you taking protection very seriously.

My wife got her permit and is seldom without her Ruger LCP.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links