Why is the Wally World Walk so important?

This is a discussion on Why is the Wally World Walk so important? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wmhawth Actually, if you can navigate the place without shooting someone you can probably be trusted with a gun anywhere. actually i ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is the Wally World Walk so important?

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Actually, if you can navigate the place without shooting someone you can probably be trusted with a gun anywhere.
    actually i think this what the www is designed for
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You really need to put it to rest. We all get the idea you don't care for Open Carry. That's fine, it's your choice, but don't condemn someone else choice.

I used to carry concealed except when going out to eat (restaurant CC was not legal and still is not until July in VA). In the last year or so I have started OC'ing more. It is much easier than arming when headed to work and removing when I get there, and the reverse when going home.

BTW, I have been carrying since 1996 and am definitely not an amateur.
    And then there are those of us who are not NM residents but who spend months every year in NM carrying on a Utah permit. Our right to CC has just been blocked (NM just stopped honoring Utah, may also stop honoring up to 18 other states' permits) ... OC it is then ... (but not in the WWs that sell alcohol, have to have a permit that is honored in NM for that)...

Another place to go is the local New Age Hippie store. Here it is the food co-op. When you see all the bumper stickers of anti war you know what you find inside.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I did a search and couldn't find a previous post in regards to this. I will admit the day I received the call to come down and get my permit I did come home and do the WWW. Do we do it because it is a large store with lots of people?

Just curious to why it is such an important rite of passage.
    I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this. Here is an insider tip that never fails. When your making that first WWW you want to make sure that you are really well prepared. There a lot of thugs in there so you need to be on you guard at all times. Myself, I never go in with anything less than a S&W 357 Mag. with the 8" barrel. It can be a little hard to conceal and can print. So what you do is you get yourself some of those glasses with the big rubber nose attached. They make a really good disguise and it helps draw attention away from the bulge under your carry garment. Once I was walking real slow through the plus size womens department and I overheard this woman say "I''m not sure but I think that might have been the most interesting man in the world that just past by." I don't think they even noticed that I was carrying. I just kept walking. Made it through the check-out without a hitch and right out the door. This is actually the trusty Taurus, but you get the idea.

scrlT17gn1trgtbx.jpg
    Last edited by SIGP250; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

HKR
    I started carrying before I starting using the internet, so I guessed I missed out on the WWW, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Another place to go is the local New Age Hippie store. Here it is the food co-op. When you see all the bumper stickers of anti war you know what you find inside.
    I have got to try that...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I never understood the Wally Walk either, I hate shopping there. I did carry there one time when we had a gift card there that we had to use, but otherwise I try and avoid that place like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    .... you find a store full of victims.

I do shop at Whole Foods due to some diet restrictions. You'd be surprised how many people also carry in that place.

Then again, I do live in Texas and even the left wing here generally knows the facts about firearms.

Because no matter what time of day or day of the week, there's always something you need from Wal Mart. Since you just got your permit, and you need to go there for something anyway, it's just the thing to do. I don't know what I would ever do if they posted WW. I wonder if WW as a company is supportive of carying in their stores (or if they just don't take an official position and just let it go as it may).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Just one of those man things....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I do shop at Whole Foods due to some diet restrictions. You'd be surprised how many people also carry in that place.

Then again, I do live in Texas and even the left wing here generally knows the facts about firearms.
    It's the same in my neck of the woods. Most Democrats are like Republican Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Ha-ha, good to see another Houston person here!

I have found that the Walmarts near me seem to be newer and more full of, what I consider to be, "normal" people. Now the grocery stores on the other hand..... the way people drive in the parking lots and push their carts around cause me to stare at my gun and think "oh man, if only....."

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Because no matter what time of day or day of the week, there's always something you need from Wal Mart. Since you just got your permit, and you need to go there for something anyway, it's just the thing to do. I don't know what I would ever do if they posted WW. I wonder if WW as a company is supportive of carying in their stores (or if they just don't take an official position and just let it go as it may).
    From what I understand, Walmart follows the laws of the state, if the state allows carry, they allow it.

Started as a forum discussion topic that someone took seriously. Kinda got out of hand.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Since Missouri started their CCW, and working at Wally World, I've picked out several people doing the Wally Walk for their first time carrying. :)
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links