Where do you practice in Las Vegas?

This is a discussion on Where do you practice in Las Vegas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all. I am looking for a good shooting range in Las Vegas that actually caters a little more to CCW practice. I usually shoot ...

Thread: Where do you practice in Las Vegas?

Where do you practice in Las Vegas?

Hey all. I am looking for a good shooting range in Las Vegas that actually caters a little more to CCW practice. I usually shoot at Discount Firearms but their range is restricted to one shot every 2 seconds and no head shots. That kind of defeats just about every practical CCW encounter. I have done plenty of tactical shooting with my service weapon (Beretta) but have not been able to do rapid fire with any of my other weapons since most ranges in town have those silly limits so people don't plink holes in the ceiling. If anyone knows of some good indoor or outdoor pistol ranges that will let me do some double/triple taps and don't have ridiculous ammo rules, please let me know...

Thanks a lot

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    http://www.brpc1.org/

Decent outdoor range, relaxed rules, $10 all day, nice berms, but only port-a-johns.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I use American Shooters (http://www.americanshooters.com/) at Spring Mt and Arville. They discourage rapid fire, but I've never seen any "1 shot every 2 seconds" rule. I doubt that your speed of fire in CCW practice would be a problem for you. I could be wrong, but what's the worst that could happen giving it a try- they ask you not to do that? I usually do head shots as well, no problem ( as much to get the most out of the target as to practice head shots for carry). Also, I can buy my practice ammo online, or at Bass Pro Shops, which is cheaper than what they charge at the range- they don't require me to buy theirs. They don't require frangible ammo either. And, I believe that they range fee is a little less than Discount Firearms. It's not that far from Discount Firearms to American Shooters. Go ahead and give them a "shot".

Old/dated information about Discount Firearms-This OLD INFORMATION! Discount Firearms has had a change of management, and now they do MACHINE GUN RENTALS Las Vegas. Do you understand? You can rent machine guns and shoot them there, so your statement "their range is restricted to one shot every 2 seconds" is no longer accurate. However, yes, they still not allow head shots as those shots tend to destroy the targeting mechanisms that hold the targets, so it does make sense to refrain from this. Check out their new website: Las Vegas Shooting Range!

Cool I go to Discount Firearms' Shooting Range for target practice and machine gun rentals

I go to this Las Vegas Shooting Range. It's called Discount Firearms. They have an amazing indoor range, an awesome selection of firearms and ammunition, and really good prices! Worth a look. They also do machine gun rentals.
    You can shoot AK-47 Machine guns here:

They have uzis too:

Dude needs a little trigger discipline.

No offense intended if that's you in the video...

I don't know how to make a link, but Clark County (according to their info) has one of the best ranges in the country. It's called Clark County Shooting Park. It has nice facilities, including shotgun sports, long-range rifle, etc. It's $7.00 a day. It's way out on Decatur, north of 215. The biggest drawback is that there are no barriers between the shooters, so you can get pelted by the extracted shells from the guy to your left. You can shoot as fast as you want, but it's all straight down the range. It's also very busy on the weekends. Another option is the Las Vegas Sportsman's Club on W. Charleston. It's just past the flood detention basin on the left on the way out to Redrock Canyon. I believe it cost $200 a year under 60 yrs old and $75 over 60. You also have to belong to the NRA.

It's a bit outside of town but I often go to an old wash valley outside of city limits. If you take the 95 North past the Mt. Charleston exit, and about 10 or so miles past the Indian reservation there's good spots out there. It's free but pretty far unless you live in the Northwest. Its just north of Desert National Wildlife Range Road if you look it up in google maps.

I have a membership at desert sportsmans and couldn't be happier. Nice range, lots of space, open hours. Only negative is you need to bring your own stands and targets. I've invested about $500 in steel over 3 years and now I'm set for targets. No limits on how fast or where on the target you shoot. Can also practice shooting when drawing from a holster.

kinoons,

How crowded does Desert S get on Sat/Sun?

Nels,

Wish I could tell you, but I work weekends, therefor I am a mid-week shooter. I can say that there is all the space in the world to be had tues-thurs. :)

Links