My lovely day.

This is a discussion on My lovely day. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife decided that she wants some good family photos of us and our two kids for mothers day. I told her to make all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My lovely day.

My lovely day.

My wife decided that she wants some good family photos of us and our two kids for mothers day. I told her to make all the arrangements, and I would make it happen.
    We have a photographer in the family, and she told us about a local arboretum (a big garden habitat with flowers, ponds, and wildlife everywhere) that was real popular with photographers, so off we went. My only duties were basically to drive, follow orders and at least pretend to smile, and pay.
    When we arrived at this place and parked, there were 2 signs posted that immediately got my attention, which read:
    *NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFTS. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN VEHICLE*
    *BEWARE OF SNAKES*
    Now if there are two things on God's earth that I absolutely despise, it's a thief and a snake. I'm almost positive that the worst thing that could ever happen to me would be someone breaking into my house carrying a Cobra!
    Ok, back to the topic: My wifes assigned outfit for me was a pair of khaki cargo shorts, a polo shirt (untucked), and flip flops. Just as it is just about every waking hour of the day, my Kimber was on my right hip IWB, and my S&W 442 was in the center console. After the posted warnings I wasn't leaving either in the car, so I stuck the .38 in the pocket of my cargo shorts and proceeded in to the place.
    I guess I was expecting your typical Sears Portrait Studio type of photo shoot where we all stand together, fake a smile, wait for flash, and go home. I was mistaken.
    We were all over this place. Standing, sitting, kneeling, squatting, laying, you name it. I bet we were in 30 different poses and positions during this two hour ordeal.
    Well after all the pictures were taken, we were able to view them on the computer. Once everything was final and my lovely wife was happy with her gift, she came up to me to thank me. When she wrapped her arms around me, she felt my 1911 on my side, and asked when I reholstered. I told her that only was it on me the entire time, there was another pistol in my pocket (without a pocket holster), and not only did she never notice, but you cant tell in one single picture no matter how hard you try.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you've got your concealment routine down well.
    Glock 23/Colt pre-70 Commander/Ruger LCP/S&W 60-9 & more

Two hours? WOW....You are more patient than I am. Maybe that is why I'm not married yet.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Between touring this entire place to find the "perfect photo oppurtunity", performing constant scans for BG's with snakes, and trying to get my restless kids to cooperate and stay still for more than two seconds at a time; it felt like an eternity.

The sign said, "Not Responsible for Thefts"...did you get the photography bill yet?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You clearly passed the "test."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

People that "know" I carry (parents, fiancee, and gun-toting buddies), usually have to ask half the time. With a good holster and SA, and not fidgeting (tugging on pants or gripping in pocket), most sheeple wont ever be the wiser. I am the only one of my buddies who "invests" in the right gear, not a dept store belt and the first holster I find that fits my gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Shoulda whipped both pistols out and did a crazed madman pose-just for fun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    People that "know" I carry (parents, fiancee, and gun-toting buddies), usually have to ask half the time. With a good holster and SA, and not fidgeting (tugging on pants or gripping in pocket), most sheeple wont ever be the wiser. I am the only one of my buddies who "invests" in the right gear, not a dept store belt and the first holster I find that fits my gun.
    I was wearing a $30 Don Hume IWB, and a leather Old Navy belt.

Quote Originally Posted by rcain007 View Post
    My wife decided that she wants some good family photos of us and our two kids for mothers day. I told her to make all the arrangements, and I would make it happen.
    We have a photographer in the family, and she told us about a local arboretum (a big garden habitat with flowers, ponds, and wildlife everywhere) that was real popular with photographers, so off we went. My only duties were basically to drive, follow orders and at least pretend to smile, and pay.
    When we arrived at this place and parked, there were 2 signs posted that immediately got my attention, which read:
    *NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFTS. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN VEHICLE*
    *BEWARE OF SNAKES*
    Now if there are two things on God's earth that I absolutely despise, it's a thief and a snake. I'm almost positive that the worst thing that could ever happen to me would be someone breaking into my house carrying a Cobra!
    Ok, back to the topic: My wifes assigned outfit for me was a pair of khaki cargo shorts, a polo shirt (untucked), and flip flops. Just as it is just about every waking hour of the day, my Kimber was on my right hip IWB, and my S&W 442 was in the center console. After the posted warnings I wasn't leaving either in the car, so I stuck the .38 in the pocket of my cargo shorts and proceeded in to the place.
    I guess I was expecting your typical Sears Portrait Studio type of photo shoot where we all stand together, fake a smile, wait for flash, and go home. I was mistaken.
    We were all over this place. Standing, sitting, kneeling, squatting, laying, you name it. I bet we were in 30 different poses and positions during this two hour ordeal.
    Well after all the pictures were taken, we were able to view them on the computer. Once everything was final and my lovely wife was happy with her gift, she came up to me to thank me. When she wrapped her arms around me, she felt my 1911 on my side, and asked when I reholstered. I told her that only was it on me the entire time, there was another pistol in my pocket (without a pocket holster), and not only did she never notice, but you cant tell in one single picture no matter how hard you try.
    Now that's funny
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by rcain007 View Post
    You should expect nothing less in return from your wife for having to go through 2 hours of picture taking.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    You should expect nothing less in return from your wife for having to go through 2 hours of picture taking.
    Oh don't worry, Father's Day is right around the corner.

That was a fun read! Thanks for posting. My issue is with spiders. I can stand snakes, but spiders drive me nuts.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post

Great read. My girlfriend's the same way.

Welcome to having a photo shoot with a real photographer, not a button-pusher.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links