Something Got Me Thinking...

This is a discussion on Something Got Me Thinking... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I read another post where someone said he tried to pick out who was wearing concealed by NRA hats and such. In my area, both ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Got Me Thinking...

I read another post where someone said he tried to pick out who was wearing concealed by NRA hats and such.

In my area, both the malls are posted "No Firearms". So, with that in mind, does your car have NRA member decals or firearm manufacturer logos or anything that would indicate the probability that the car might have a firearm stored in it while you are in the mall shopping?

Just some food for thought.

I don't advertise that there may be a weapon in my vehicle. It's a sure way to get a vehicle broken into.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ar-decals.html

It has been discussed before personally I have stripped all decals and stickers off my car. IMO It isn't necessary.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I read another post where someone said he tried to pick out who was wearing concealed by NRA hats and such.

In my area, both the malls are posted "No Firearms". So, with that in mind, does your car have NRA member decals or firearm manufacturer logos or anything that would indicate the probability that the car might have a firearm stored in it while you are in the mall shopping?

IMO, doing something like that is just very silly .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ar-decals.html

It has been discussed before personally I have stripped all decals and stickers off my car. IMO It isn't necessary.

Thanks for the link. I missed that discussion. I don't have anything on my car either, but I've noticed a lot of cars with decals.

I wish that you could just carry anywhere. That would be ideal. In lieu of that, I would like to see legislation that says if a firearm is unloaded it's no longer considered a weapon or whatever. That way you could just leave the magazine in the car and take the gun with you.

I my area the signs posted have to meet strict requirements to be a compliant sign.

So, many of our stores are not properly posted and I can carry there. You have to check your state laws.

I refuse to shop at a store that will not allow me my choice in personal protection so I will not store my firearm in the vehicle anyway.
    Yes, I do have a couple of signs on my bumper.

"GUNS SAVE LIVES" by SC Grass Roots Gun Rights

and a "GLOCK FIREARMS" sticker.

Well yes I do drive a Jeep Wrangler and there really is no place to store a firearm in it safely anyway.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    I my area the signs posted have to meet strict requirements to be a compliant sign.

So, many of our stores are not properly posted and I can carry there. You have to check your state laws.

I refuse to shop at a store that will not allow me my choice in personal protection so I will not store my firearm in the vehicle anyway.
    Yes, I do have a couple of signs on my bumper.

"GUNS SAVE LIVES" by SC Grass Roots Gun Rights

and a "GLOCK FIREARMS" sticker.

Well yes I do drive a Jeep Wrangler and there really is no place to store a firearm in it safely anyway.
    Technically, there's a proper way to post in my state also and the malls aren't posted properly. I'm not sure that it's worth all the hassle to fight over a technicality. You win the battle and lose the war so to speak. And in my area, you wouldn't have to put up much of a stink to find yourself on the evening news in a story that would make fellow gunowners cringe.

Avoiding places that aren't firearm friendly isn't always possible for me. So, it's just one more thing to figure out how to deal with.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I don't advertise that there may be a weapon in my vehicle. It's a sure way to get a vehicle broken into.
    Excellent. And the second part is never leave a weapon in a vehicle unless it's an emergency, and then make sure it's locked or disabled.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Technically, there's a proper way to post in my state also and the malls aren't posted properly. I'm not sure that it's worth all the hassle to fight over a technicality. You win the battle and lose the war so to speak. And in my area, you wouldn't have to put up much of a stink to find yourself on the evening news in a story that would make fellow gunowners cringe.

Avoiding places that aren't firearm friendly isn't always possible for me. So, it's just one more thing to figure out how to deal with.
    Carrying CONCEALED is, just that.
    Sorry but I would rather have it and not need it than need it, and not have it.

And true, because of some curcumstances I too have to disarm. Then, the firearm goes home when I make that decision unless I can make other arrangements.
    Certified Glock Armorer

My car only has parking permits and a WV State Parks sticker on it. I never leave anything valuable in it in any case. Of the two malls one does and one doesn't have that little "no guns" sign, so guess which mall gets my business?

No decals, no signs, no logoed hats or shirts, no "tactical" gear or clothing visible.

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    Carrying CONCEALED is, just that.
    Sorry but I would rather have it and not need it than need it, and not have it.

And true, because of some curcumstances I too have to disarm. Then, the firearm goes home when I make that decision unless I can make other arrangements.
    That's pretty much my thinking. If it's somplace obvious, like a federal building, I wouldn't risk it even concealed. If it's a place that's improperly posted, as someone else on the forum said.

"I didn't see your sign. You didn't see my gun."

And of course, if asked to leave, just go and don't make a big scene. No sense getting charged with trespassing, brandishing, disturbing the peace or whatever.

no logos, pro2a stickers, NRA stickers etc. only a small RIP decal, for a friend. not only makes the car blend, but also a clean look.

No logos or stickers on my old truck. I dont want to give someone an "excuse" to exercise their 1st Amend rights on my truck just because they disagree with a NRA bumber sticker or some other logo.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

I think the idea that vehicle stickers or tactical clothing will give you away is ridiculous--from what I see, the sheep wouldn't notice if you were carrying an RPG launcher....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links