Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry?

This is a discussion on Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tacman605 Jcabin a debate takes two people with the same basic level of education and experience on opposite sides of an issue ...

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry?

Voters
396. You may not vote on this poll
  • No carry at all

6 1.52%
  • You can carry, just no drinking.

225 56.82%
  • You can carry, and a drink or two is ok.

94 23.74%
  • You can carry and drink up to the legal limit of .08 BAC

48 12.12%
  • Drink as much as you want, it's your choice.

20 5.05%
  • Don't care / No opinion

3 0.76%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry?

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Jcabin a debate takes two people with the same basic level of education and experience on opposite sides of an issue presenting facts relavent to their side of the debate. You dont have that. But dont feel bad I dont debate with my 4 year old either. I tell what is right or wrong until she is old enough to know the difference.
    Ouch. If you want to stop debating because you feel you can no longer make a valid arguement, then by all means please stop wasting our time(we knew this from your first post). If you want to sling insults, then I know where you stand. You would rather use your gun to solve an arguement than use words. You've quickly devolved from a poor attempt at debating, to slinging insults. I can only wonder how much further it would take for you to pull your gun out in anger.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Oh and by the way just so you can justify your LEO post.

I will say this loud and clear so even unloved will not misread it.

Jcabin I pray that you are never involved in the taking of another human life. I hope that no matter your internet bravado says about you on here that you do show responsibility when you drink and carry.
    You are damn right I was a cop for a long time and spent many a night cleaning up a crime scene because some young kid talked smack to the wrong person and had his throat cut ear to ear, skull crushed with a baseball bat, or a four year old shot in a drive by because her mother wore the wrong color shirt.

But you continue on with your banter maybe someone will listen to it. Someday you may be on tv touting how you can drink by law in a bar and carry a gun while holding up a budwieser. The second amendment foundation will love for you to be there spokesperson.
    As I stated before to me you are a mall ninja. Not because you stand for the tenants of liberty as you say but because you think you are some bad ass because you can carry a gun and have a false sense of bravado because of it.
    Anyone who is against you is automatically ANTI GUN...ANTI GUN when you dont even know what the true responsibility of carrying a gun means much less using it.
    But as I said before anytime you want to come and prove it get your passport and come on over got some people who would love to meet you.
    Unloved you are welcome to join him. DID YOU GET THAT
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The laws around here MA, NH & VT that I'm familiar with do NOT prohibit CCW in a bar or restaurant. They do prohibit being "under the influence" of alcohol while possessing a firearm however.

Law aside, everyone has to understand him/herself, their tolerance of alcohol, the sort of place they are going, how they react to situations, etc. All of this needs to be taken in consideration if you are a responsible gun owner. So a good answer for one person may not work well for another person. This is definitely grist for the YMMV mill . . . and it gets discussed here every month or two with a new thread.

Personally:

- I don't go to bars and haven't done so since I was 23 yo (and the last 18 months of this was dating my Wife and it was strictly a piano bar, very low key) and I didn't own any firearms back then (a very long time ago). Before I met my Wife I occasionally went to only one disco/bar while I was in college. It was was run by the mafia (not speculation, but fact confirmed to me one day by the bookkeeper's Wife) and I only nursed 1-2 drinks for the entire evening there.

- I do go to restaurants and may have A DRINK with dinner, and I may be carrying. I don't consider this to be an issue. [A handful of times, I've been seated at the bar for dinner due to long wait for a table vs. we can seat/serve you now at the bar. Again not an issue.]

- I avoid problems, stay away from sketchy areas and would not intercede in anything I saw happen that didn't personally threaten myself, my Wife or those I'm with. If possible, I will make a safe exit and call in the heavy artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Unloved you are welcome to join him. DID YOU GET THAT
    Yeah, I get it. You're making vague, veiled threats for no reason that I can surmise. Post reported.

Senior Moderator
    I've reviewed this thread and it has degraded into a chest thumping contest, which we will not allow on this forum.

This thread is closed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    You just beat me to it!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Links