Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry? - Page 7

Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry?

This is a discussion on Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis Restaurants yes. Bars NO. Booze and guns are a bad combination. Agreed! too much possible trouble. Even for the most reserved ...

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on restaurant/bar carry?

Voters
396. You may not vote on this poll
  • No carry at all

    6 1.52%
  • You can carry, just no drinking.

    225 56.82%
  • You can carry, and a drink or two is ok.

    94 23.74%
  • You can carry and drink up to the legal limit of .08 BAC

    48 12.12%
  • Drink as much as you want, it's your choice.

    20 5.05%
  • Don't care / No opinion

    3 0.76%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 186
  1. #91
    Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Restaurants yes.
    Bars NO.
    Booze and guns are a bad combination.
    Agreed! too much possible trouble. Even for the most reserved and polite of people, things can go wrong.

    Of cource you can get plastered in a restaurant and make a bad decision but around here, restaurants tend to watch alcohol consumption more closely than bars or nightclubs.

    YMMV

    Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member


  2. #92
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,051
    Jcabin Please tell me you are not this stupid in real life and just talking smack on the forum.

    Angry because it's the truth? Same exact sentiment anti guns have about people carrying guns in general.
    So it is true that you have that you have years of experience in drinking and carrying a gun in the deep, dark mean bars of Pennsylvania. It is true you are a tactical mall ninja prepared to do battle drunk or sober to defend life and liberty with bravery and skill from a bottle of Jack.
    Please in detail explain what part of my statement is anti gun?

    So a drunk person won't be able to defend their life? Can you prove this?
    LOL should I even have to? Oh wait I forgot that you graduated from mall ninja school at the top of your class.

    Well again I am sure that no one has your level of experience AND self control but there is a highly technical medical term for this it is called THINKING YOU ARE 10 FEET TALL AND BULLETPROOF.
    Again, anti gun sentiments... The anti-gun crowd feels that way about all gun owners, especially those who dare to (cringe), carry a gun in public for self defense reasons.
    Ummmm...never heard this statement used by the anti gun crowd but have heard it in a few country and western songs. If it ever does become a slogan for the anti gun crowd I will personally apologize for giving them the idea. Again please specify which part of TEN FEET TALL AND BULLETPROOF is anti gun?


    As a student/chef you obviously have been in a number of lethal force scenarios/encounters and have trained for years to be able to make these statements so again I will surrender to your incredible database of knowledge. Either that or you got to the highest level of Call of Duty that has ever existed.

    Right now it is late here and frankly I am getting tired of the going back and forth with the quote thing, although a neat feature I have learned tonight. You have provided entertainment to myself and my team here for that we appreciate we dont get much here.

    I will say this I have been carrying a gun since before you where thought of.
    I have defended your rights to say and do as you feel and to make yourself appear tough and the ultimate mall ninja and will continue to defend these rights so you can be the president of the Chuck Norris ninja, gun totin, badass bar club that you are.
    Anytime you feel you want to put your money where your mouth is and come defend yours and everyone elses rights feel free to. Just fly to Baghdad International Airport and hop a convoy west and you will find us.
    Oh one thing though here you cant get wasted and carry a gun because there are no bars here, although here EVERYONE really does carry a gun so you should feel right at home, but unlike in your little world many of them shoot back with real bullets.
    Just for you though I will be more than happy to provide you with a bottle of contraband Haji liquour and let you get wasted and you can travel outside the wire and show everyone your skill and prowness while intoxicated.
    Please think real hard and answer my questions this will be great entertainment until they lock the thread for getting to far off topic.
    To the other members that will read this I apologize for going back and forth with this but it was to good to pass up.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Array cz75luver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    552
    Out of curiosity, has anyone else been to the Bier Garten in Kabul, Afghanistan in the NATO compound?

  4. #94
    Member Array Jcabin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Drinking doesn't scare me people like you do. Your accusations are unfounded and insulting. You try to parade your opinion and downplay others while putting words in their mouth. Drinking alcohol and carrying a gun is irresponsible.
    Who's the one slinging insults here? If I scare you because I attempt to exemplify the basic tenets of liberty, then you sir are the scary one.

    "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -benjamin franklin

    You may think carrying and drinking is irresponsible, it is only because you are unable to maintain safe handling procedures, or show self restraint in the face of adversity.

    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Wrong I never said to drink and shoot guns in the back yard, I don't let people do anything that is up to them. You are accusing me of things I have nothing to do with. I also loose respect for people that intentionally get drunk. Sure some people don't realize they had too much it has happened to everyone but intently drinking to get drunk I believe is not responsible.
    "If you want to have a few beers and plink cans with your buddies that is your choice... CCW is much different though."
    Clearly creating an emphasis on ccw being unwise to do while intoxicated, but plinking and drinking is certainly of less concern..


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    You are incorrect. How is my opinion of someone not drinking while they are carrying the same as banning guns. What you say makes no sense.

    Instead of producing facts and debating your point you call people anti gun and throw a temper tantrum.
    Producing facts? How do you produce facts about what someone says? Could you tell me that? What you say, is taken at face value, as your belief. That is the fact of the matter. Wanting to prohibit people from carrying and drinking because you are scared of them is tantamount to anti guns wanting to ban guns in general, because they are scared of us. You're either for liberty or you aren't.



    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    First off I don't trust you because I don't know you, and from your statements and view points I would have a hard time ever trusting you. However you have a right to own a gun. You also are of legal age to drink and you have the freedom to do both but if you aren't responsible enough to keep them separate then I guess that is up to you.
    Exactly. You don't trust me because you don't know me, so you would be scared that I might be intoxicated while carrying a gun. The same premise that the anti-gun crowd uses when thinking about gun owners carrying in public. They are scared because they don't know the person, therefore it is just WRONG! that they may have a gun on their person, it's just too scary!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    If your only 25 then you are still way young. You have your opinion and I have mine. To call me anti gun is an incorrect statement. I will leave it at that.
    I'm way too young to have an opinion? Or are you way too old to have any excuses as to why an American citizen doesn't understand the basic premises of our founding principles?

  5. #95
    VIP Member Array Thanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,356
    I voted, "You can carry, and a drink or two is ok."

    I was tempted to vote, "You can carry and drink up to the legal limit of .08 BAC" or "Drink as much as you want, it's your choice."

    It comes down to the difference between personal responsibility and legal requirements. I would be fine with any of the three choices I listed in this post, if I had real world vote I would chose the .08 BAC, but as a personal choice I would only have 1 or 2.

    There are plenty of laws that can be used without the need of additional laws concerning BAC and firearms. Then as a practical matter, I understand the BAC line in the sand.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

  6. #96
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,051
    If you are speaking of the Beer Garden/Pizza shop at the NATO Airfield yes have been there. Was under the control of the Legion when I was there in 06.

  7. #97
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Who's the one slinging insults here? If I scare you because I attempt to exemplify the basic tenets of liberty, then you sir are the scary one.
    wow since when is getting drunk a basic tenet of liberty?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -benjamin franklin
    Again since when is alcohol part of liberty... that statement is talking about the tyranny of government taking over not some drunk guy carrying a gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    You may think carrying and drinking is irresponsible, it is only because you are unable to maintain safe handling procedures, or show self restraint in the face of adversity.
    Wrong. I know enough to show restraint and can safely do many things while I have been drinking. I also know enough that when I drink my SA goes down and my reflexes are not near as good as they are sober. Gee I wonder why. Maybe I'm not a JCabin... I can't drink several beers and still shoot the wings off a fly's back at 100 yards.
    I play pool, video games, watch foot ball, play drinking games. I have a hoot but I be sure to disarm first. Yes Oh my god I disarm first... why would I do that??!?!?!? I'm vulnerable!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post

    "If you want to have a few beers and plink cans with your buddies that is your choice... CCW is much different though."
    Clearly creating an emphasis on ccw being unwise to do while intoxicated, but plinking and drinking is certainly of less concern..
    sooooo where in that quote did I say it was ok to drink and shoot guns? I believe I said if you do that it is your choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post


    Producing facts? How do you produce facts about what someone says? Could you tell me that? What you say, is taken at face value, as your belief. That is the fact of the matter. Wanting to prohibit people from carrying and drinking because you are scared of them is tantamount to anti guns wanting to ban guns in general, because they are scared of us. You're either for liberty or you aren't.
    Providing facts is easy to do. You should try it some time. There you go telling me I am anti gun that is really getting old. Its like a 3 year old saying "yeah? well your a dummy head"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post

    Exactly. You don't trust me because you don't know me, so you would be scared that I might be intoxicated while carrying a gun. The same premise that the anti-gun crowd uses when thinking about gun owners carrying in public. They are scared because they don't know the person, therefore it is just WRONG! that they may have a gun on their person, it's just too scary!!!
    I am so sorry. I forgot you are impervious to the effects of alcohol and immune to responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    I'm way too young to have an opinion? Or are you way too old to have any excuses as to why an American citizen doesn't understand the basic premises of our founding principles?
    Did not say you are too young for an opinion. You have no idea what you are talking about. The founding principles? Did they include consuming alcohol? I missed that part in the constitution. Where is the beer amendment? The one that says we have the right to drink and carry guns?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  8. #98
    Member Array Jcabin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Jcabin Please tell me you are not this stupid in real life and just talking smack on the forum.
    Debating is talking smack? If you feel there has been some kind of derision, it is only from a lack of intelligence.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    So it is true that you have that you have years of experience in drinking and carrying a gun in the deep, dark mean bars of Pennsylvania. It is true you are a tactical mall ninja prepared to do battle drunk or sober to defend life and liberty with bravery and skill from a bottle of Jack.
    Please in detail explain what part of my statement is anti gun?
    I never made any statement about my level of training, or lack there of. Why do you keep using your silly tactical mall ninja spiel? I never said I wanted to do battle, or look for trouble while drinking and carry. I don't want to do that if I'm sober, or in any state of mind. Yet you continue you place emphasis on me being a mall ninja? You're acting like a child. I would expect more from a marine.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    LOL should I even have to? Oh wait I forgot that you graduated from mall ninja school at the top of your class.
    Yes, you should have to. You should stop slinging poor, unoriginal insults like a 12 year old. You should explain why someone should lose the right to self defense simply because they are intoxicated. Please, go ahead.


    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ummmm...never heard this statement used by the anti gun crowd but have heard it in a few country and western songs. If it ever does become a slogan for the anti gun crowd I will personally apologize for giving them the idea. Again please specify which part of TEN FEET TALL AND BULLETPROOF is anti gun?
    This keeps going over your head doesn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    As a student/chef you obviously have been in a number of lethal force scenarios/encounters and have trained for years to be able to make these statements so again I will surrender to your incredible database of knowledge. Either that or you got to the highest level of Call of Duty that has ever existed.
    Ouch. Do you plan on debating or do you want to keep slinging insults and continue to embarass yourself through a show of limited intellect?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Right now it is late here and frankly I am getting tired of the going back and forth with the quote thing, although a neat feature I have learned tonight. You have provided entertainment to myself and my team here for that we appreciate we dont get much here.
    If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. For someone in the middle east, if you can handle soldiering, you should be able to handle a little debate over the internet. Or is it not worth your time? That's clearly a sign of defeat in my book

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I will say this I have been carrying a gun since before you where thought of.
    I have defended your rights to say and do as you feel and to make yourself appear tough and the ultimate mall ninja and will continue to defend these rights so you can be the president of the Chuck Norris ninja, gun totin, badass bar club that you are.
    Thanks for defending my rights. I appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Anytime you feel you want to put your money where your mouth is and come defend yours and everyone elses rights feel free to. Just fly to Baghdad International Airport and hop a convoy west and you will find us.
    Put my money where my mouth is? Is there something I said I would do that needs proving? Or is it another one of your impassioned tactical mall ninja fabrications?


    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Oh one thing though here you cant get wasted and carry a gun because there are no bars here, although here EVERYONE really does carry a gun so you should feel right at home, but unlike in your little world many of them shoot back with real bullets.
    Do you have a point? Or you're just trying to impress people with your resume at this point? Great, you're a soldier, people shoot at you. What does that have to do with a law abiding citizen consuming alcohol and carrying a gun in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Just for you though I will be more than happy to provide you with a bottle of contraband Haji liquour and let you get wasted and you can travel outside the wire and show everyone your skill and prowness while intoxicated.
    Again, where did I mention any training I've had? Or that I would employ said training, in some situation? I didn't know you needed to be trained not to act like a fool. Is that the training you received as a LEO? Typical attitude. "Citizens shouldn't carry guns because they aren't trained how to handle them, WAAA WE'RE BETTER"

    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Please think real hard and answer my questions this will be great entertainment until they lock the thread for getting to far off topic.
    To the other members that will read this I apologize for going back and forth with this but it was to good to pass up.
    You didn't ask any questions. You just driveled all over the keyboard

  9. #99
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    But again any level of alcohol in your system should you become involved in a lethal force encounter will be played to the hilt whether you are right or not.
    I'd love to see some proof, or even just some evidence, that this is the case. It's a claim I see people make very often, yet I've never heard of a citizen using justified deadly force, but being charged because they had any amount of alcohol in their blood.

  10. #100
    Member Array Jcabin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    wow since when is getting drunk a basic tenet of liberty?
    Lawful activity that does not infringe upon the rights of other citizens is not to be regulated by people like you who are simply in FEAR of what others MIGHT do with said responsibility. How many times do I have to explain this, or is it going to keep flying over your head?


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Again since when is alcohol part of liberty... that statement is talking about the tyranny of government taking over not some drunk guy carrying a gun
    No, that statement is talking about people who would give up liberty for security. It's talking about people, like you, who would see people disarmed while consuming alcohol because you are afraid of how they might handle such a weighty responsibility. It's talking about how you deserve neither liberty or security if you can't understand what liberty means.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Wrong. I know enough to show restraint and can safely do many things while I have been drinking. I also know enough that when I drink my SA goes down and my reflexes are not near as good as they are sober. Gee I wonder why. Maybe I'm not a JCabin... I can't drink several beers and still shoot the wings off a fly's back at 100 yards.
    I play pool, video games, watch foot ball, play drinking games. I have a hoot but I be sure to disarm first. Yes Oh my god I disarm first... why would I do that??!?!?!? I'm vulnerable!!!
    Are you going to quit it with the "oh, i'm not as good as jcabin, waa" self ingratiating, pity party stuff? You're acting like a 3 year old.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    sooooo where in that quote did I say it was ok to drink and shoot guns? I believe I said if you do that it is your choice.
    OK, I'll give you that.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Providing facts is easy to do. You should try it some time. There you go telling me I am anti gun that is really getting old. Its like a 3 year old saying "yeah? well your a dummy head"
    What am I to be providing facts of? Your lame attempt to ask me to provide facts is akin to a 3 year old saying "whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you". I can't prove what you're saying is not what you really mean. Enough with the semantics, act like an adult.


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I am so sorry. I forgot you are impervious to the effects of alcohol and immune to responsibility.
    Again, self ingratiating, pity party. Is this as far as your debating skills reach?


    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Did not say you are too young for an opinion. You have no idea what you are talking about. The founding principles? Did they include consuming alcohol? I missed that part in the constitution. Where is the beer amendment? The one that says we have the right to drink and carry guns?
    I'm clearly talking about liberty, under the context of being armed while consuming alcohol. If you choose to ignore that and pick only the parts you cannot comprehend out and work on that, then I can no longer continue this debate with you. You have avoided every single statement I have made about my disagreement with your opinion, and chose to act like a child and claim I'm attacking you personally. If you wish to finally explain why one deserves to lose the right to self defense, or deserves victimhood, simply because they are consuming alcohol, then proceed. But for the love of god, enough with the semantics.

  11. #101
    Senior Member Array cz75luver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    If you are speaking of the Beer Garden/Pizza shop at the NATO Airfield yes have been there. Was under the control of the Legion when I was there in 06.
    No, it wasn't by the airfield. Its been a couple of years so the name of the nearest US camp escapes me. I thought it was pretty cool how they brought all the lumber and such to make it a really nice, relaxing place. When I was there, everyone had their sidearm on them and no one freaked out about having a beer.

    Anyway . . .

  12. #102
    Member Array DukeShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    224
    Well, lively discussion...

    The .08 BAC in my State according to law is the legal limit, anything over that number and you are too "impaired" to drive (My simplified version of the law).

    IMHO, "impaired" starts when you ingest that first drink (My personal experience anyway) the driving law just allows you to drive home with a mild "buzz" and not get a DUI.

    Firearms is a whole different "animal" IMHO, you take that first drink and the booze immediately starts to work on your little brain cells. Coordination, cognition, decision making, etc. are all impacted.

    Why in the world would you want the aftermath of a "shooting" to have a record of or witnesses at the bar/restraunt that you had a "couple of drinks". What would be the legal outcome? Well since you were under the limit and it was allowed to carry in that condition, you would probably walk if it was a "good shoot" the drinking would not be a problem (I think).

    BUT wait! You will probably be facing a civil action, a drink on the record or any indication of booze in your system would probably influence a jury in a big way and not the way you would want.

    So bottom line, I would certainly NOT take any legal chances if God forbid I had to shoot someone to protect myself or my family.

    Absolutely NO booze for me.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

  13. #103
    Senior Member Array darkvibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    517
    Legally... up to .08 BAC. If the government trusts you to drive a 3,000 lb. car at 65mph they should trust you to carry a gun.

    Morally... a drink or two is fine. Having a glass of wine with dinner is no reason to have your right to defend yourself taken away.

  14. #104
    Senior Member Array stevem174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    If you can drive with a BAC up to 0.08%, then you should be able to carry a firearm.

    Of course, I don't think either are good ideas. But to say you can control one "Deadly weapon" with a drink or two, but not another, is a double standard to me.
    Agreed!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

    Stupidity should be painful.

  15. #105
    Member Array oneton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    69
    a drink or two is ok

    dont see a problem going to eat or hanging out with friends,maybe at applebee's,chili's,tgi fridays,etc having a drink or two shooting the breeze over a drink,or what about shooting a game of pool or bowling,these places serve alchohol also

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. NC Restaurant carry
    By mackers in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
  2. Restaurant carry in AZ
    By Once Bitten in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
  3. My new stand in carry rig...Don Hume
    By jaymzo in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
  4. Restaurant carry (for those who can or may by law)
    By Ram Rod in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2008, 01:13 AM
  5. ? about Restaurant Carry in VA
    By Glock_19 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 31st, 2007, 09:34 AM

Search tags for this page

can you carry and conceal in a bar restaurant in minnesota

,
can you conceal carry in a bar in idaho
,
conceal carry in mn resturant/bar
,
concealed carry bar idaho
,

how to carry drink in restaurant

,
idaho state law on concealed carry in bar
,

in idaho can you carry a weapon in a bar

,
in minnesota can you conceal carry in a bar
,
minnesota conceal carry bars
,

south carolina police concealed carry in bars

,
south carolina senate to vote on concealed carry in bars
,
va conceal carry in a bar
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors