Strange wife reaction

This is a discussion on Strange wife reaction within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She likely reacted so non-challantly about yours because she has already had one just like it for some time now that you don't know about ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange wife reaction

She likely reacted so non-challantly about yours because she has already had one just like it for some time now that you don't know about ... turn about is fair play.

You both ought to fess up & lay all your guns on the table to see how many you really have between the 2 of you. You can have a "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" party.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Poor you ... a Sig Mosquito is nice gun
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I used to have a strange wife but I divorced her and now I don't have to worry about having to explain what ever toy I might want to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    What gives?
    A) How old are you? Why are you still asking that question? She is female. What more needs to be said?
    B) That gun is probably hers or she is buying something for herself.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Can you say goodbye my little Sig? That's how it works, for better or worse!
    She got's her a new shooter!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

My wife took my P3AT from me and carries it all the time.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

My wife told me the other day she was embarressed that I was always armed.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Sig Mosquito is beautiful gun. Everyone wants one. She is no different. You just have to invest to another gun and keep that one hidden :)

ccroom - can you elaborate at all?

Well my wife bought me a 3" Kimber. About a week later we were back in the store for ammo for it and I can't find her?? I see her at the gun counter and she has a 3" Kimber in her hands ( with laser grip) I walk up and she says wow this feels really good. Then I see her pointing the laser all over the wall, and she looks at me with this "I want it" look. She NEVER does that. I said then tell the man to wrap it up. We had her nickname engraved on the side of it before she even shot it. She has almost no handgun experience and never shot a .45 before. I was worried when we went for the first time to the range. I asked her if she would like to see me shoot it first. (she had never seen me fire mine) She looked at me as if I had just sprouted a second head and calmly says no. She loves that gun. Tons of practice in the future but, what a wonderful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    My wife told me the other day she was embarressed that I was always armed.
    Ask her if she would prefer you wear a tutu and tip toe through the tulips
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

We interrupt this very funny thread for a brief range report.

I've only had the gun out one time but came away very impressed. As many of you know the Mosquito has a reputation for being ammo sensitive. This isn't too surprising considering the variation in quality and specs of the different 22 ammo out there and the fact that you are trying to run it through a semi auto. CCI mini mags are recommended but I had an almost full box of Federal bulk ammo and thought I'd give it a try.

The gun ships with a pretty generous coating of protective oils so a thorough cleaning was the first order of business. I then put about seventy rounds through it without a single problem. This was a brand new gun. I don't know what Sig does before shipping them, maybe one proving round. Anyway it was flawless out of the box. After reading some other shooters experiences I was pretty surprised. Recoil is nonexistent which makes shooting a breeze. Comes with one ten round magazine. The mag has a small detent on the side with which you can push down the magazine follower making this the easiest loading magazine on the planet.

The gun is full size resulting in a good sight picture but the rear sights are a little wide. Not sure what Sig was thinking but it's a little different than what you see on other hand guns. Even so it was easy to consistently hit soda bottles at twenty feet. The action is SA/DA with DA being painfully long and heavy. Single action is much shorter and much lighter although no one would ever say it was smooth. The trigger is good enough for a rimfire plinker IMO.

The beginning and the end for this gun is the fun factor. Gotta admit I was a little hesitant to anti up the $380 or so I paid at Gander Mtn. but I've wanted one for some time and bit the bullet so to speak. Considering the extreme low cost of Federal ammo the gun offers unlimited shooting fun on the cheap. Just the freedom from not having to pick up spent brass makes the Mosquito worth every penny.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

It was very thoughtful; buying her a new gun for Mother's Day
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Anyway there is no "are you crazy reaction as she examines the Mosquito. What gives?
    Obviously she likes HER new pistol.

MN2go, IWB PT 145 and S&W Airweight as bug on ankle and the fact that I don't disarm until I undress to go to bed.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

VIP Member
    Anyway there is no "are you crazy reaction as she examines the Mosquito. What gives?
    IMHO and experience, the above "accepting reaction" is NOT to be considered a permanent and predictable pattern for the next gun you purchase.

Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links