Strange wife reaction

This is a discussion on Strange wife reaction within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought my first handgun four years ago and now have fifteen handguns and one rifle. I'm just getting started on rifles. Anyway my wife's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange wife reaction

Strange wife reaction

I bought my first handgun four years ago and now have fifteen handguns and one rifle. I'm just getting started on rifles.

Anyway my wife's reaction is usually, "You bought another gun?", while rolling her eyes and acting like I've lost my mind. Couple days ago I carried in a Ruger Mini 14 tactical and got the rolling eyes reaction. Par for the course. Today, two days later I bring in a Sig Mosquito and can't contain my excitement with this new weapon as I show it to her. I expect the "rolling eyes, are you crazy reaction" but don't get anything like that. She holds the gun, works the action and looks it over carefully. BTW, she carries a Taurus 38, we go shooting together and she does enjoy guns. Anyway there is no "are you crazy reaction as she examines the Mosquito. What gives?
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

2. Remove Ads

I think your about to give the little fella to your wife!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

hbc
    "I think your about to give the little fella to your wife!"

This is an ambiguous comment (LOL).

Yep - the Mosquito has your wife's name on it!

Sounds like the next time you bring a new gun home, the first thing out of your mouth should be - "honey, look what I bought you!"

She doesn't need to know that Barrett 82A1 50 BMG is really for you!! Problem solved, man! She's happy, you're happy!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Quote Originally Posted by hbc View Post
    "I think your about to give the little fella to your wife!"

This is an ambiguous comment (LOL).
    Isn't it fun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

way to go!

VIP Member
    Naw , you guys are all wrong.
    She is beginning to start a secret stockpile of her own, so all this is HO_HUM to her!!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    I bought my first handgun four years ago and now have fifteen handguns and one rifle. I'm just getting started on rifles.

Anyway my wife's reaction is usually, "You bought another gun?", while rolling her eyes and acting like I've lost my mind. Couple days ago I carried in a Ruger Mini 14 tactical and got the rolling eyes reaction. Par for the course. Today, two days later I bring in a Sig Mosquito and can't contain my excitement with this new weapon as I show it to her. I expect the "rolling eyes, are you crazy reaction" but don't get anything like that. She holds the gun, works the action and looks it over carefully. BTW, she carries a Taurus 38, we go shooting together and she does enjoy guns. Anyway there is no "are you crazy reaction as she examines the Mosquito. What gives?
    Mmmmm....
    Here is what you do. Pick up the Sig Mosquito and look directly at it...then do this...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LOL! If I brought a new firearm home tomorrow, my wife's initial reaction would probably be "what do we need to get out of the freezer to eat this week?" On the other hand, she'd probably turn right around and ask when we're going to go shoot it. All in all, there's nothing like a couple who gets involved together in the shooting sports, the CC, or hunting. Some of these things are what we need to have in common with our better half otherwise we're going to be lacking somewhere. Just my opinion.
    No comment about the Mosquito or the little fella innuendos. You've got to keep her happy one way or another, and who's to say how so long as it's you she sees when she closes her eyes. Keep up the good work (no pun intended).

I didn't mention the Ruger GP100 with the 6" barrel. I bought it a couple months ago and kept it a secret. I can only take so much eye rolling. I showed it to her a couple days ago for the first time and she says, "My, what a long barrel."
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

I think your wife likes "HER" new gun.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    I expect the "rolling eyes, are you crazy reaction" but don't get anything like that ... as she examines the Mosquito. What gives?
    You're asking for marital advice, here, with this crowd?

The SIG Mosquito is a pretty nice gun, though. A great way to reduce costs across the year (with .22LR instead of 9mm. Perhaps she missed it because it looks so much like the other SIGs you've got. Or, maybe she just realizes that certain things are inevitable.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hey where do you shoot at in WV?
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

sorry buddy, your about to lose that one to her!!!!

edit,
    Put a nice bow on it for her. if your going to lose it to her anyway (and you are) then make it a gift and build the brownie points.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I wonder if she'll let you shoot it at the range?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links