can you review my applicaion statement

This is a discussion on can you review my applicaion statement within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are several reason that I desire a CCW permit. Approximately one month ago I ran into a [name] at work. I had been in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There are several reason that I desire a CCW permit. Approximately one month ago I ran into a [name] at work. I had been in a altercation with him 13 years ago. He questioned me as to what time I get off work and where I parked. The altercation occurred 13 years ago in which he attacked me when I was leaving my girlfriends house.. After the altercation I walked back in the house. He walked across the street grabbed a knife from his friends house and proceeded to try to kick down my girlfriends front door when he could not get through the door he attacked my truck. ______ Police department took him away. This individual still obviously holds a grudge, and I fear for what would occur if I ran into this person and my wife and baby were with me. This is the second time in the last 13 years that he has discovered my location and went out of his way to confront me.

The other reasons included being paid in cash monthly from my rental property after dark. My renal property is [addres] and is next to a few apartment complexes that are less than desirable. I currently target shoot at the _________ association range. Where I travel with several rifles in my truck and I don’t want to be targeted by any criminal element on the way home. I also occasionally hunt requiring me to travel to remote locations early in the morning and sometimes late at night.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I think it would be a lot more simple by just saying " It's for the personal protection of myself and my family".
    Last edited by REVMAN; May 4th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    I think it would be a whole more simple by jusy saying " It's for the personal protection of myself and my family".
    +1 I think going into too much detail can be a bad thing.

really, i presume your refering to the altercation. The application form says list dates,times,locations and names of police agencies

I think it would be best editing your personal information out when posting on the forum.

So far you've given us your location, where you work, that you carry rifles in your truck and a rental property.

The person bothering you can do a Google search of his name and this thread might appear.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

That's fine, but we don't need to know the alleged actor's name nor where your rental property address is. You could have left that part out with a simple [NAME] and [ADDRESS] type articulation instead.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I think this guy suffers from some kind of mental disorder and should be considored VERY dangerous. I would not wait for Kalifornia to grant me a piece of paper that "entitled" me to defend myself and loved ones. Apply for the permit, but don't get caught with your pants down in the mean time. You should take this threat seriously!

thanks Roman 623 thats what i get for trying to post and watch my son

If the form requests very specific details this is really your only choice. Unfortunately just stating that you desire a carry permit for your personal defense is not adequate to the People's Democratic Republic of Kahleeforneeuh. I wish you luck in your quest...
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    As far as only editing goes: [changes]

There are several reason that I desire a CCW permit. Approximately one month ago[,] I ran into [an individual with whom I had an altercation thirteen years ago.] [During the previous] altercation[, he attacked me [as] I was leaving my girlfriend[']s house. [After I fled back to the house,] he walked across the street[,] grabbed a knife from his friend[']s house[,] and [attempted] to kick down my girlfriend[']s front door[. When] he could not get through[,] he attacked my truck. ______ Police [D]epartment took him away. [This time, he questioned me as to what time I get off work and as to where I parked, which, to me, clearly shows his intent to seek revenge.] This individual still[,] obviously[,] holds a grudge, and I fear for [the lives of my wife and child as well as my own should I encounter] this person again. This is the second time [he has discovered my location and confronted me.]

[Other reasons I feel justify a permit] include collecting monthly cash payments for my rental property[.] My [rental] property is [address] and is in a less-than-desirable area, and the collections are often done at night.] I [also] target shoot at the _________ [A]ssociation range. [I] travel with several rifles in my truck[,] and I don’t want to be targeted by any criminal element[.] I also occasionally hunt[,] requiring me to travel to remote locations early in the morning and sometimes late at night.

{Not sure you should be using a name - libel risk! And they may question why you haven't applied for a restraining order, etc. Was he charged with assault? Convicted? I know nothing about CA law, but is going to/from target ranges and hunting sufficient grounds for a carry permit? Good luck, and I hope this helps.}
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks OldVet this is why my wife edited by papers in college.

I think that adding a case number would help you.

Administrator
    I would not include most of what you have written.

Keep it short and simple. Something like this:

It's necessary for me to carry large amounts of cash from my rental property (often after dark) and the surrounding area is not very safe.
    I feel a real need to have the ability to protect myself as I am the sole provider for my Wife and my small child.

That is reason enough without giving them your life story.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit91476 View Post
    Thanks OldVet this is why my wife edited by papers in college.

Mine too!

I can agree with QKSHOOTER. Like Sgt Friday said: "Just the facts. mama."
    1. Being threatened by an indiviaual who has previously assaulted me (Case # if available).
    2. Carry rent payments collected after dark, usually in large cash amounts.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Well... Here is another opinion. I would compose a blend of QKShooter's post and REVMAN's post. This would, I would think, possibly peclude an offering of an escourt when handling money.

The least amout of information is always best in these types of situations. And I would avoid mentioning any type of past or current "altercation" That could easily be missunderstood as -looking for revenge- - nervous trigger-etc..

I wish you and your family the best!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links