Nashville Grand OL Opry

Nashville Grand OL Opry

This is a discussion on Nashville Grand OL Opry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been wanting to take my parents to the Grand Ol Opry. Does any one know what the rule would be for cc? I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Grand OL Opry

Nashville Grand OL Opry

I have been wanting to take my parents to the Grand Ol Opry. Does any one know what the rule would be for cc? I know about eating at restaurants that serve alcohol. Just didn't want to leave in the car all day and night.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    I understand it's flooded at the moment. It may be awhile before it reopens.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    I understand it's flooded at the moment. It may be awhile before it reopens.

Sadly, yes...

Amongst the victims:Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center, Opry Mills Mall; even the Grand Ole Opry House. Downtown and Broadway also took a severe flooding hit.

Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Music City...my birthplace and home town...a total disaster area...sooooo sad! Hillbillies are tough tho....they will recover!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Yup. It's bad. I haven't been able to get to work in two days. The Opry will be closed for months.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Just found this:

Grand Ole Opry Moves This Week's Shows To Other Nashville Venues Due To Flooding

OPRY NEWS
    Grand Ole Opry Moves This Week's Shows To Other Nashville Venues Due To Flooding

Nashville, TN May 03, 2010
    Bookmark and Share

Due to heavy flooding in Nashville, Tenn. including the Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Complex, this week's Grand Ole Opry performances have been moved from the Grand Ole Opry House to other Nashville venues. The Tuesday Night Opry performance scheduled for May 4th will take place at the War Memorial Auditorium, 301 6th Ave. North, Nashville, Tenn. Weekend performances will move to the historic Ryman Auditorium in downtown Nashville. Thursday's performance of Opry Country Classics will remain at the Ryman as previously scheduled. Show times for all shows remain at 7:00 p.m. Both the War Memorial and the Ryman are former homes of the Opry.

The Opry House suffered damage as a result of the record-breaking rains and subsequent flooding in Nashville. The last time the Opry had to relocate was in 1975 to Nashville's Municipal Auditorium, just one year after the opening of the Grand Ole Opry House. That move was also caused by Cumberland River flooding.

"While we ourselves are shaken by the impact of the flooding of the Opry House and throughout the area, it is important that Nashville's most treasured tradition continues with this week's shows," said Grand Ole Opry Vice President Pete Fisher. "We look forward to coming together both as the Opry family and as a great American city just as we have every week for nearly 85 years. Our hearts go out to all of those affected in the Middle Tennessee area."

The Opry Call Center is temporarily out of service, and other operations on the Opry Entertainment Complex including Opry backstage tours and the Grand Ole Opry Museum, have been temporarily suspended. It is too early to determine how long Opry operations will be impacted at this time.

Fans, including those planning to attend this week's shows, can stay updated on everything happening in response to this week's flooding at opry.com. Photos and video will also be posted as they become available on Facebook and Twitter.

About the Grand Ole Opry
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Just found this:

Due to heavy flooding in Nashville, Tenn. including the Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Complex, this week's Grand Ole Opry performances have been moved from the Grand Ole Opry House to other Nashville venues. The Tuesday Night Opry performance scheduled for May 4th will take place at the War Memorial Auditorium, 301 6th Ave. North, Nashville, Tenn. Weekend performances will move to the historic Ryman Auditorium in downtown Nashville. Thursday's performance of Opry Country Classics will remain at the Ryman as previously scheduled. Show times for all shows remain at 7:00 p.m. Both the War Memorial and the Ryman are former homes of the Opry.

Imagine that - the Opry in the Ryman Auditorium.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I think you need a life vest and a fishing license.
    Semper Fi

Yes I know it has been flooded but it shouldn't be in 2months. Does anyone have any info on cc in Nashville and the OPRY?

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas ducker View Post
    Yes I know it has been flooded but it shouldn't be in 2months. Does anyone have any info on cc in Nashville and the OPRY?
    Well, you failed to mention the 2-month time frame in your original post, so please accept my apologies for trying to provide you with information that might be helfpul to your trip.

Most of the dining establishments in downtown Nashville (the Broadway area) have "no gun" signs. I cannot advise on the Opry. I hope you find this information to be suitable for your inquiry.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Well, you failed to mention the 2-month time frame in your original post, so please accept my apologies for trying to provide you with information that might be helfpul to your trip.

Most of the dining establishments in downtown Nashville (the Broadway area) have "no gun" signs. I cannot advise on the Opry. I hope you find this information to be suitable for your inquiry.
    Gonzo
    Sorry Gonzo yeppers I seemed to have left 2 months part out. I assumed the eating establishment were no carry but I wasn't sure about the opry.

Thanks

Sorry Gonzo yeppers I seemed to have left 2 months part out. I assumed the eating establishment were no carry but I wasn't sure about the opry.

Thanks
    No problem. While I spend a lot of time in TN, I am not a TN resident. I am also able to carry in a lot of places that most folks can't, so I am not reallly up-to-speed on the TN laws. I know that restaraunts used to be off-limits by law. Then the law was changed to allow it, but all a restaraunt had to do to prevent carry was to post a sign. I am thinking, however, that the change in the law was subsequently reversed...again. I guess I'm basically not much help to you at all...sorry.

But I have noticed that almost every restaraunt on Broadway had a "no guns" sign of some sort or another. Sorry I don't have more for you. Hopefully one of our many TN members can help you out.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

The sign has to be correct on verbiage..or close to correct as per the state law. I don't know the verbiage off hand, but it's considerably more than "No Guns Allowed". You wont be illegal if you carry in one of those establishments, but you might still have to go to court depending on the LEO's/Prosecutor's knowledge of the statute.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither' -Ben Franklin

I was there last summer, and I was asking the same question...no one could tell me.
    The wife and I went (to see Charlie Daniels)...left the gun in the motel room. I could have CC'ed. No signs, no problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Imagine that - the Opry in the Ryman Auditorium.
    To me having the Opry in it's traditional home would be better than where it is now, flood or no flood, but I'm an old fogey at heart.

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links