I do not know why, but for some reason I enjoyed CC'ing more tonight

This is a discussion on I do not know why, but for some reason I enjoyed CC'ing more tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So tonight I met two of my friends at Starbucks for some coffee and chit-chat, one of my friends is against anyone but police officers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I do not know why, but for some reason I enjoyed CC'ing more tonight

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

So tonight I met two of my friends at Starbucks for some coffee and chit-chat, one of my friends is against anyone but police officers and security guards on duty carrying guns. (I am a security officer and normally OC unless going somewhere people may freak out) I never leave home without my firearm and now that I have qualified with OC spray it stays on my belt also. I decided that it was best to CC and just not tell anyone I had it on me. I broke my Uncle Mikes IWB out of the box, put it on, and put my Ruger Security Six .357 in it. Throughout the night there were various times we hugged or sat close together and neither of them noticed my CCW. Halfway through my friend Brianna (sheep who hates guns) left to go study leaving me and Desiree alone. About half an hour later a creepy looking guy drove the parking lot three times and came onto the porch where we were sitting and kept staring at her. She then quietly asked me if I had a knife or something in case he came over and tried to grab her or rob us and I informed her that she should not worry, I had my eye on him. Then she said "I would feel a lot better if one of us was carrying right now, I wish I had my permit. We then had the "talk" about permits and carrying and when i told her how easy it was to carry concealed she grinned and said "you probbabley have one on you now don't you?" and I said with a grin, don't worry about it. She then asked me to teach her how to use a gun and asked me to help her get her LTCH. So in short, when I left, I had her convinced that she needed to learn how to defend herself and become a sheep dog and my other friend is still a sheep. I think I did the right thing by not telling her I was carrying and letting her assume I was, rather than letter her in on my little secret. Your thoughts?

btw, IWB is much more comfortable than i would have thought for someone my size, 5'11 270 pounds
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

You did the right thing. Glad there will be another sheep dog out there soon

Wow....reality....better than using facts to convince someone that the 2A was not intended for the military, hunting, police, or security....Good job.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

If I understand that one reason you enjoyed CC was because you did not have to have a conversation about OC, that is one reason I prefer CC. I don't care to make every day a potential 2A Q&A.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    ...one of my friends is against anyone but police officers and security guards on duty carrying guns. (I am a security officer and normally OC unless going somewhere people may freak out) I never leave home without my firearm and now that I have qualified with OC spray it stays on my belt also....
    Security officer?
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Well it is nice to have it and not need it rather than...you know the rest.

Which uncle mikes IWB do you use for the Ruger security 6. I have a Police service 6 and would like to be able to carry it but its big.

Open minds and the ability to use AND apply common sense.......what a GOOD girl!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

That could have been a time to share your CCW. I have had many conversations at work about the need to CCW and during the last couple of years, over a dozen people have gained their CCW permits...worth sharing when that can happen.
    There are not many secrets among members of a small staff anyway.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Security officer?

That's the job title. It's not his fault that's what they call 'em

sounds like you handled it perfectly. well done!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I think I did the right thing by not telling her I was carrying and letting her assume I was, rather than letter her in on my little secret. Your thoughts?
    You done good! Concealed means concealed and that includes verbal concealment. Don't ask, don't tell. You might not let it slip, but a friend "in the know" could say something that would bust you. "Go away! My friend has a gun!"

There are a lot of sheep out there who think unarmed/passive is the way to go until they NEED a gun for a "social situation". Then they're glad someone's carrying. I'm glad she wants to take her protection into her own hands. The cops can't be around all the time, but my sidearm can be.

The Sheepdog's Express card (Steyr S40 here) - don't leave home without it.
    SC

Sounds like you did a great job!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    My Uncle Mikes is a right handed size 10 imitation suede, I got it for my automatic but just on a whim tried it with my Security-Six and it fit perfectly, a little snug against the cylinder, but perfect nonetheless. Uncle Mikes makes most of their IWB holsters the same, so check out a Gander Mountain, thats where I got mine And to answer Thanis, yes, I was hoping to avoid the OC questions and stares while I was with my anti-gun friends.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    That's the job title. It's not his fault that's what they call 'em
    I've always heard security guard. Officer makes it sound more along the lines of an LEO.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links