Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App

This is a discussion on Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right2Bear is another iPhone app that lists the 50 states, their CPL laws, reciprocal lists, carry prohibited zones, etc. I don't know which app is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App

Right2Bear is another iPhone app that lists the 50 states, their CPL laws, reciprocal lists, carry prohibited zones, etc. I don't know which app is better, but you do have a choice.

<<Now all Legal Heat needs to do is wise up and ditch their iPhone development in favor of Android and RIM BlackBerry development!>>

You mean dumb down and do so?

ShotTimer is a great app for, um, timing shots and strings, since I got it I haven't pulled my PACT timer out of the bag. It's free, too.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

2. Remove Ads

Ok, I downloaded Legal Heat.

It looks pretty good.

Va. got 4 bullets for CC and 5 pistols for OC.

I think after July, we should get bumped up to 5 bullets for CC.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

For those blackberry/android users out there, I sent Legal Heat an email requesting if they had intentions to develop for other smart-phone platforms. I will update if I hear anything back.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

There's also one called Gun Concealed for $2.99 that looks pretty good. I'm going to have to check these out!

Sounds good. Have you downloaded the shot timer yet? It was around $20 and I loved it. I have it downloaded on my wife's now since I switched to the Motorola Droid. They have two shot timers in their App store. One is free and one is $2, I think. The one for the iPhone is definitely worth $18 to $20 more than the versions for Droid.

Right2Bear is the similar Droid app for $3, but I don't believe it covers open carry. Maybe they'll have an update. CCW-USA is he $2 version, but not sure how it compares.

Gotta love these phones.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Having both the Motorola Droid and the iPhone 3Gs, I'll give the edge to the Droid in many areas.....except in the Apps.

I had the first iPhone a couple months after the release and the app store was very weak then. I imagine the Droids will grow with time to equal that of the iPhone, at least I hope.

One of the best features of the Droid over the iPhone, at least on Verizon, is I downloaded PDA-net (something like that) and turns my phone into a modem through the wire or bluetooth. Now, I can use my Mac anywhere I am for free. The similar feature through AT&T is $50 I believe.

I love them both. If the App stores were equal, the Droid would be it. I like that i can run more than one app at a time on the Droid also, plus the screen is amazing. I hate the slide out QWERTY though.

What are ya gonna do.... I'm always using my wife's phone. I may reconnect my iPhone and call it a work phone, just to have both.. I HATE options!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Another kewel App for the iPhone is GunConceal. The pay-App is (I think) $2.99 and covers quite a bit of information for each state, as well as Washington D.C. I got it back in March and it's already had one update since there. All of the information it contains for Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky are up-to-date, as I live in Arkansas and have family in Missouri - and plan to travel to Kentucky via Tennessee - so have scoped out each the official information for each state's sites.

I'll have to check out these other App's, as well. Thanks for the headsup on those!

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Here is the update as promised. This is the response I received from Legal Heat:

Kurt,
    We've been getting a lot of requests to do the app on other platforms and it is absolutely something we would love to do, and that we plan on doing, the only problem is when. The app has been doing very well on iPhone and we've been able to make several huge improvements as a result. Thus far we've been putting 100% of the money made back into its development and we will continue to do this until it reaches a point where we feel we've got a final product. It is at that point that we will offer it on other platforms. What we want to avoid is the growing pains associated with improving the app. Once we have a complete product that has been tried and tested on the iPhone we will open it up to all platforms.
    I really appreciate your interest and support and wish I could offer some sort of timeline. I can promise you that it will be worth the wait.
    Thank you and if there is anything I can do to help in the future please let me know.
    Phil

So, those of us non-iPhone users will just have to wait a bit.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Thanks for the info

I purchased Legal Heat (you have to go w/it as two words in an App Store search for it to pull up) this evening - about 45 minutes ago, as a matter of fact. I immediately noticed that the information for Arkansas wasn't fully accurate, as they didn't have Wyoming listed for reciprocity. So, I used the option to make suggestions and let them know. I received a response in about 20 minutes! It was Phil who replied via email, as well, and said they'd make that a change in the next update.

Most impressive!

Pincels miss spel werds;

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    nice avatar

I agree the app is going to be only as good as the updates. Hopefully since it is a paid app they will be on top of it.
    thanks i love the A10
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SCOPE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Obviously not used a Blackberry in the last few years then... Hey your iPhone's do have lots of apps though...oh, but so does everybody else. Hey, whatever works for you though.

I'm in software development as QA, and I have to admit, I'm not sure I'd trust it, even if it's updated. Software updates always lag behind the availability of the information they provide you. If they go out of business and don't update it, are they going to tell you? Nope. If they get tired of the project and move on, will they tell you? Nope. No software is bug free, or error free.

To each his own, but imo, straight from the source is always best on such critical information.
    Last edited by Kortanis; May 5th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Two things:

1) I absolutely LOVE my iPhone. It's all I could have hoped for and more. 'Course, I never owned anything other than a relatively cheap flip-top cell before this, soooo.....

B) Kewel Avatar, Kortanis. Which XD is that? I've got the XD-40 Service (4") and the XD-40 SC. Love 'em both.

iii) To each their own on any sort of preferences out there, is my motto. Be it phones, guns or wimmen-folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
    To each his own, but imo, straight from the source is always best on such critical information.
    Agreed. That's why I confirm updates on any sort of App or non-official website out there. If the official website doesn't appear to be up-to-date, I get a contact number/email addy and contact the source directly. That's especially true of something as serious as gun laws.

Pincels miss spel werds;

It's the XD-40sc. Heckuva gun, imo. I was just adding that info to my sig and avatar. ;)
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

While checking out the apps mentioned here I found another interesting one thought I would share called MiGuns.

It is a database for gun inventory App. Im now thinking of trying it out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links