Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App - Page 3

Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App

This is a discussion on Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just downloaded it, thanks for the heads-up!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those of you with iPhones - CC & OC App

Just downloaded it, thanks for the heads-up!
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    I purchased Legal Heat (you have to go w/it as two words in an App Store search for it to pull up) this evening - about 45 minutes ago, as a matter of fact. I immediately noticed that the information for Arkansas wasn't fully accurate, as they didn't have Wyoming listed for reciprocity. So, I used the option to make suggestions and let them know. I received a response in about 20 minutes! It was Phil who replied via email, as well, and said they'd make that a change in the next update.

Most impressive!

I was impressed too at first.I noticed some omissions from my state SC, such as they don't lists restaurants that serve alcohol in their prohibited places and did not list information about being able to carry in glove compartment or center console without permit and I contacted them I also received a rapid response but so far no changes in the app and that was several months ago.

Not sure it would convince a rookie LEO, but they might call their Supervisor to verify...

Otherwise, great app for info!

Wonderful find.

That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    Another kewel App for the iPhone is GunConceal. The pay-App is (I think) $2.99 and covers quite a bit of information for each state, as well as Washington D.C. I got it back in March and it's already had one update since there. All of the information it contains for Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky are up-to-date, as I live in Arkansas and have family in Missouri - and plan to travel to Kentucky via Tennessee - so have scoped out each the official information for each state's sites.

I'll have to check out these other App's, as well. Thanks for the headsup on those!

Based on a couple of comments on the other app not being up to date, I just downloaded this one and it looks good. The information for TN seems to be accurate just from a quick look. I think I'm going to like having this available on the IPhone a lot!

Thanks for this thread! I'm going to download this here as soon as my itunes updates.

Until seeing this thread, I've just been using the iphone net to go to handgunlaw.us and check things through there (no possible if I'm in a dead zone); this now will be first line, and will be able to confirm with handgunlaw.us.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

I'd love to put that on my iPhone (I am posting from it right now) but I'm not going to pay for any app. Once I start on the pay ones I'll be broke in a month.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

Finally got my computer working again. Downloaded and installed. This is only the second time I've paid for an app. I admit this is a good one; though, why is it everytime I read the NC laws I become depressed?
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

This is great! I am getting an iphone real soon. This may be the first app I download!

Thanks!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

FYI....they just updated the program to reflect new changes to the laws. So, they are indeed providing updates. Go to the app store for your update and let us know if they got everything right for your state!

I have had Legal Heat for about a year now and it's very accurate. It also provides numbers to the appropriate govt office should you have any questions, no matter the state.

Very helpful to someone like me who travels all over the country.

+1 on the app

Sorry if I sound paranoid, but is there any way this app could serve to provide someone with a listing of concealed carry permit holders?

PoPs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links