So what would you do if you see a person with an exposed gun ??

This is a discussion on So what would you do if you see a person with an exposed gun ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was sitting at the counter of a supply store today and a guy comes in talking on his cell phone.. I thought I saw ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what would you do if you see a person with an exposed gun ??

I was sitting at the counter of a supply store today and a guy comes in talking on his cell phone.. I thought I saw a gun in plain view ,but was not sure so I walked to the other side of him and said" your printing a little " hoping he would get the hint and cover it with his shirt.. He resonded with This is an open carry state so it doesnt matter .( it was in an IWB holster.. ). To which I replyed "probably better to keep it covered" I would think if you were going to carry open then it should be in an OWB in plain view, not half and half .. Am I right or wrong ? and what would you do if you see someone with an exposed gun that you think maybe a CCW ??
    Poverbs 1:33
    whoso harkens unto me shall dwell safely and shall be quiet from fear of evil ..

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes...
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Well personally I would've said................absolutely nothing. None of my business.

I wouldn't do anything, other than raise my awareness level a notch or two above normal.

I would keep to my own business. I would maybe keep an extra eye open, but maybe he just likes to show off the grip of his pistol.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sir View Post
    I wouldn't do anything, other than raise my awareness level a notch or two above normal.
    Pretty much my response.

Why should I point out suggestions on how he should or should not carry his weapon?

I understand you were just trying to be helpful, however many people would see that as being condescending and wonder who made you the authority on how or how not to carry a weapon.

I would just mind my own business, keep my situational awareness up and let it go at that.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awb View Post
    He resonded with This is an open carry state so it doesnt matter .( it was in an IWB holster.. ). To which I replyed "probably better to keep it covered" I would think if you were going to carry open then it should be in an OWB in plain view, not half and half .. Am I right or wrong ? and what would you do if you see someone with an exposed gun that you think maybe a CCW ??
    As long as he is a concealed weapons license holder even in an open carry state, he can do either or sort of both. Wasn't your business in this case. I would have said nothing and carried on with my business.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

If he's licensed, it doesn't matter in MI...I'd say nothing.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nuthin new around here. See open carry, printing concealed, fanny packs, purses all the time. Maybe a wink or a nod for approval, other than that it is none of my business.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

I'd say, "Nice gun, ...what kinda groups do ya get wit it?"
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

los
    To the OP, I commend you for your awareness and vigilance. I hope you never lose that. But next time use it to your advantage.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Hi Points are hard to cover up huh................

Here in Tx there is no open carry,unless LEO,if i see somebody that looks like they're having a wardrobe failure,I might say something
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would never alert someone that I knew they were carrying. They are the one that compromised (deliberate or not) their element of surprise to the world. It would remind me to simply adjust my shirt to make sure I was not printing either and file it in the back of my mind.

Rob

BiancheriUSA.com

Keep your mouth shut and mind your own business!!
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

It's an open carry state..... Nobody appointed you the carry nanny. When home I live in an open carry state and often "semi-conceal", so what?

And why would I "raise my awareness level a notch or two above normal" unless he was doing something out of the normal; walking into a supply store talking on a cell phone, not really threatening in my book.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links