Laser for small sighted guns - Page 3

Laser for small sighted guns

This is a discussion on Laser for small sighted guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; chasing a red dot around a bad guy in a high stress situation isnt a desireable position to be in when with not a lot ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser for small sighted guns

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    chasing a red dot around a bad guy in a high stress situation isnt a desireable position to be in when with not a lot of practice you could train yourself to point shoot at distances up to 7 yards effortlessly and even quick point fairly accurately for com well beyond that distance...when it becomes second nature you dont have to worry about the dot being anywhere special because your body and mind know where the gun is pointing when you raise it...low light...bright light...doesnt matter...

and placing a red dot on something doesnt guarentee thats where the shot is going...a lot can happen between the dot placement and trigger pull...when you are trained to point shoot you are training youreself to know where the shot is going when you pull the trigger...

if it takes a red dot on the chest to stop a guy who has a gun pointed at him he has some pretty messed up priorities...i think the gun is enough...he isnt looking down to see where the dot is...

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I'm guessing that if a BG were to enter my house he wouldn't see my gun due to the fact its proably late at night and i have all the lights off other then my flashlight. He will have to just take my word for it that I'm armed and he needs to leave and not advance any closer. Great responses and ideas, thank you all.

I am very pro laser. I have several Lasermax internal lasers, a Crimson Trace grip laser and a Lasermax green rail laser. Most, if not all, pulse the beam, making it easier to see.

To me, I would rather be focusing totally on the bad guy and where on his body to keep the laser on. I think that is better than having to raise your firearm to eye level and then sight him in. If one eye is closed, your depth perception is gone. He could be advancing on you and closer than it looks.

If you have to pull your pistol and fire at hip level, as there is no time to get it
    to eye level and to hold it with both hands. As soon as it comes out of my holster, the laser is on. My carry gun has a green rail laser and it is highly visible. It also has an internal red laser as I installed that one first

I decided to keep it in the pistol in case one goes down. I still practice both ways and I have night sights too. So, I think I have good set-up. Maybe a hand light too.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    owsi, sounds like you have it handled in any situation and have thought of each scenario when one is better than the other, I appluad that. I'm a very good shot with traditional sights and always have been but I still think it would be good to mount a laser on this one. I like CT because its in the trigger guard and doesn't protrude much but I have a hard time paying a higher amount for the laser than I did the pop gun. I know, I know whats my life worth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links