"Just don't shoot me, okay?" - Page 3

"Just don't shoot me, okay?"

This is a discussion on "Just don't shoot me, okay?" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You did good keeping your cool. I left that state in '92 never to return unless seeing relation I still have there. They now understand ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Just don't shoot me, okay?"

You did good keeping your cool. I left that state in '92 never to return unless seeing relation I still have there. They now understand why half the family cut out of there! Anyway glad you are ok!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I have had two encounters with LEO's.

The first was last year when I low sided my motorcycle, no real injuries to speak of, other than a couple cracked/broken ribs and some road rash.....no biggy

but I had to take my shirt off and I had my LCP at 4:00, as I was sitting in the 'bambulance I handed my license and permit to the nice Sheriff and said I'm carrying the Ruger. he smiled and said "are you sure? or do I have to go looking through that nice ladies yard for a mouse gun"

I started laughing and said, "NO, I have it on me, thats the second thing I checked on after I made sure my wife was ok" .......

and that was the end of it

The second time was last year as well. I was speeding on the NYS Thruway ( I was ONLY going 80 in a 65? sheesh ) anyway the back of the Subaru Forester was FULL of hunting & Camping gear and a "few" gun cases The Nice trooper (and when I say *nice* I mean so polite it was sickening ) asked if I knew how fast I was going, and I responded with "fast enough to get pulled over" the nice officer smiled and asked if I was going hunting. I said yes sir, he asked "where" and I responded with "Just a few miles north of Watertown, He said "oh nice, great area" could I see your License and registration and proof of insurance" I handed him my DL and my permit. He looked at my permit and said, I don't need this but thanx for showing me you have it. I'll be right back with your speeding ticket" ..........crap! I thought he was going to give me a warning.

He came back, handed me all the paper work and then inquired as to why I removed the head rest ( I always take the head rest off when waring my cowboy hat) I said it interferes with the brim of my hat. He said, what if you get rear ended, you could be hurt" I said "up to about 10 minutes ago, it wasn't really an issue"

He started laughing and said " Sir, Please slow down and good luck hunting, Have a nice day"

I said "you to, I hope this is the most excitement you have today, Be safe as well"

He said thank you

and on my way I went.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I'd bet that using profanity is against agency policy.

He's there to enforce the law, not be a foul mouthed buffoon.

Don't get mad, get even and report him.
    I agree well said

send him this link

Quote Originally Posted by r0rtiz View Post
    I told him that I did have a loaded pistol in my car. He took a look at my CCw, glanced at me as if to size me up and then blurts out, "Why the does an insurance agent need a CCW?"
    Send him this link. Notice the would be victum was an insurance agent.

Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit | Bay City News - - MLive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I'm carrying the Ruger. he smiled and said "are you sure? or do I have to go looking through that nice ladies yard for a mouse gun"

I'll be right back with your speeding ticket" ..........crap! I thought he was going to give me a warning.

He came back, handed me all the paper work and then inquired as to why I removed the head rest ( I always take the head rest off when waring my cowboy hat) I said it interferes with the brim of my hat. He said, what if you get rear ended, you could be hurt" I said "up to about 10 minutes ago, it wasn't really an issue"

Now thats funny!

Sounds like the police in your area have a great sense of humor, as do you.

I had an instructor in college one time tell me my smart mouth was going to get me in trouble some day. So far nothing I couldn't get myself out of.

How can Californians with all of the good things going for them be so poorly managed by their elected officials and still keep electing them to office.

You would think (if you only looked at the resources at their disposal) that CA would be the leading state in the Union with very little effort.

Seems a shame to waste such riches.

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Now thats funny!

Sounds like the police in your area have a great sense of humor, as do you.

I had an instructor in college one time tell me my smart mouth was going to get me in trouble some day. So far nothing I couldn't get myself out of.

I have yet to run into a cop that was not unbelievably polite. If you don't give 'em attitude, you'll be fine.

you give the LEO's around here any crap at all, and things will south real fast
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by r0rtiz View Post
    He took a look at my CCw, glanced at me as if to size me up and then blurts out, "Why the does an insurance agent need a CCW?"
    Strange ... to think that criminals mysteriously skip all insurance agents in their rounds.

Why would any citizen need an effective means of self-defense? To survive the encounter, of course. That should be common sense.

Sadly, we get these sorts of anecdotes from around the country, even a decade and more after concealed carry was adopted in a place. California has had it for a good long while, now. Here and there, LEO's simply don't get the memo, don't listen to the training, don't have the guidance from the folks upstairs, or don't believe citizens with CHL's have gone through any meaningful hoops that help show they (a) tend to be more committed than the average citizen to their defense and (b) tend to be good in correlation with what the CHL means in terms of background checks.

I fully realize that a CHL doesn't confer common sense or responsibility upon a person, and that LEO's need to be circumspect at all times. But it's inexcusable that the basics of the legalities and concepts involved in something 15+yrs old in the state are given such little concern in his department.

As for geography, California is one of the most beautiful slices of country I have seen. If only the legal system could be obliterated and restarted, with one-tenth the number of people.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Why would any citizen need an effective means of self-defense? To survive the encounter, of course. That should be common sense.

SNIP
    As you say ccw9mm, I have found that some LEOs have the concept in their heads that ALL ordinary citizens should absolutely not be allowed to carry a firearm because:

1. They cannot be trusted.

2. They are a danger to the community.

3. They are insufficiently trained.

4. They do not "need" to.

5. They do not have the right to, since they are not LEO's.

Considering that many CCW holders are far better trained than many LEOs in the use of firearms, have just as much common sense, as well as a genuine "need" (a very subjective, and constitutionally irrelevant, word) to carry a firearm for self defense, then it all adds up to the perspective each individual CA law officer possesses about CCW. That LEO perspective for citizen's right to CCW is, however, quite poor in Kalifornia, as is their liberal politics in general.

Obviously, since we are all humans, there are bad apples in every bunch, CCW'ers included, but CA LEOs are, as a group, VERY paranoid about citizen carry (especially SoCal, where I was raised).

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Will B. Droopy View Post
    ... it all adds up to the perspective each individual CA law officer possesses about CCW. That LEO perspective for citizen's right to CCW is, however, quite poor in Kalifornia, as is their liberal politics in general.
    Protecting human life isn't valued by the statute as a good and sufficient reason to justify issuance of a CHL to California citizens. The animals who populate the legislature think so little of the citizens as that. Until that changes, the citizens will be left out in the cold on this issue.

The way it's going, "shall issue" is getting less likely to occur in our lifetimes, let alone a state constitutional amendment to acknowledge the citizens have an absolute and unassailable right to keep and bear arms (which is gonna take the San Andreas Fault splitting off, before that occurs).

Perhaps the best thing that could happen is that the state defaults, goes into "receivership" (more or less) and control passes hands. If that were to happen, then change might occur. Until then, it's likely to be more of the same.

Lived there. BTDT. It's hard to credit how much has changed in the years since I was there. "Appalling" isn't the word for it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Two of my cousins have retired from LE in Kalifornicastan and they both say they have learned a lot about freedom since moving their families to Arkansas.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links