Concealed Carry BADGE spotted at work.....Oh brother!

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry BADGE spotted at work.....Oh brother! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, thought I would share this.... Lastnight at work (I'm an ICU Nurse in a busy trauma hospital...) There was a man standing at the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry BADGE spotted at work.....Oh brother!

Concealed Carry BADGE spotted at work.....Oh brother!

Well, thought I would share this.... Lastnight at work (I'm an ICU Nurse in a busy trauma hospital...) There was a man standing at the bedside of a patient nearby. I spotted a badge on his belt, proudly shining for all to see.... No biggie, there are always cops/investigators in civilian clothing investigating assaults, shootings, etc. I walked over to see who the guy was, as I secretly took a look at his badge..sure enough, no is that? Wait a minute.....Holy crap, that is a CCW badge, CONCEALED PISTOL PERMIT ########. Wow, sure enough, it was. Also attached to his 3 oclock was a pair of handcuffs in a nice leather pouch. Awesome.... I really wanted to rag on the guy and ask what LEO service he was with, but seeing as his loved one wasn't in the best of condition I decided I'd leave him alone. Also asking him questions would probably out me to all my coworkers.... But seriously! I couldn't see anything printing so I'm guessing he disarmed before coming up to the unit (entrance into the ER is posted...) The entrance I use from the parking garage isn't posted but I still don't carry at work for obvious reasons... I wanted to take a discreet photo of his shiny little badge to post on here but I thought I better not :) Anyway, thought I'd share the highlight of my night with you guys. Enjoy
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

2. Remove Ads

Maybe he was just stopping by on his way out for a fun date night.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

If you carry a badge that says CCW permit # xxxx, doesn't that defeat the purpose of CONCEALED carrying? And what in the heck is up with the handcuffs? Cuffing someone can land a person in some deep stuff legally, depending on the state. Perhaps he fancies himself an LEO wannabe? Thanks for sharing...I haven't seen anything like that myself yet. I'm not sure I could keep from laughing.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I used to love dressing up like a cop - when I was 4 years old!

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    First time I saw those badges advertised in a gun magazine I wasn't believing my eyes... who would seriously want to (1) advertise that he/she is carrying, or (2) risk impersonating an officer? Last I heard, LEOs frown on that, big time.
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    As a college kid I was interested in law enforcement work, but realized at some point that it was the cool badge I wanted as much as anything. So I went down to a local toy store and bought a 'Junior Detective' badge. Holding it, I said to myself, "Gosh, how impressive." I then tossed it in a drawer and abandoned such ideas. I drive a computer for a living now, and am very pleased to have parted ways with Gecko so early.

I worry about folks like the guy described above: is he living in a fantasy world where he's going to save the fair damsel? Or just get the babe who likes badges? With folks like that I just want to set them down, buy them a cup of coffee, and try to convince them that they AS THEMSELVES are probably OK, and they don't need the accoutrement to try and impress folks (think Disney's Aladdin: "Beee yourself!").

May the Lord protect us. And him.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    If you carry a badge that says CCW permit # xxxx, doesn't that defeat the purpose of CONCEALED carrying?
    There has been discussion that one may be violating the CCW/CHL laws by advertising the fact of CCW [meaning there he is not concealed if he advertises that he is concealed]. I have not heard of a criminal action being filed for such a violation, but I would not be surprised if one does not pop up somewhere some day.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

VIP Member
    I would worry about a non-leo with both a cc badge and handcuffs. Especially that these were visible.

That is sending a message. LOOK AT ME. WATCH OUT.

If you know who the person is a discrete word to the police might be in order.

I don't know whether it is lawful for non-leos and security to carry cuffs where you are, and truthfully, I don't know if it is legal here or not. But, it seems a huge red flag. AT best a stupid wanna be. At worst, he is going to hurt someone.

Err on the side of caution. He could be a wanted rapist wandering around the hospital, not just a wanna be cop.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    HAHAHA.. funny stuff. and so true.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Oh, I don't know, playing dress up can be fun......?

As few years ago when I worked for a regional airline I was in the terminal one day when a lady looked at me and asked, "Are you a pilot"? Here husband said, "No dear, he just likes to dress up and come to the airport"!

VIP Member
    Did You check his head?
    Have a look at this:
    Concealed Carry Permit Badges available with your State's seal
    Police Posers Photo Gallery
    I know at least of one state makes carry of a concealed carry badge illegal.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

In Ohio, when carrying a concealed handgun you must at all times have with you:

• concealed handgun license
    • a second form of legal ID (driver's license, etc.)

Without those two items, you are committing a crime.

With them, any such "badge" is totally superfluous.

If stopped by a cop for a law enforcement purpose you will be asked for those two items. At BEST, that "badge" will be ignored. It serves ZERO purpose other than to enhance your fantasy life. In an LEO encounter, the only thing it certifies is that you have money to waste.

In Ohio, a CCW "badge" is of no more use than a dead squirrel, less in fact since you can cook and eat the squirrel.

Handcuffs.....too.
    I thought restraining a person against their own will was Kidnapping...

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Handcuffs.....too.
    I thought restraining a person against their own will was Kidnapping...
    Add to that his probable lack of training in the use of mechanical restraints and you have the potential for some real legal problems for this Mall Ninja.

How would one of these badges identify you as a "LEGALLY REGISTERED CONCEALED WEAPON HOLDER" if anyone including the BG's can order them on the internet?

My tag line about sums this up.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links